Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

8 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted

Think im going to give up now,Just 1 rumble of thunder and heavy rain here today,I agree it all kicks of after passing Bristol,Nothing new there for people down this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Big fat torrential downpour passed over with Thunder and some lightning. :)

Just caught that baby on timelapse to the W of Brum

had a lovely lowered base with a few small spinners underneath.....heard thunder but do not think i`ve caught any lightning

upload later :drinks:

Heading my way?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A line of heavy showers developing over here now. Hopefully more thundery weather on the way but it is usually hard pushed just to get one here. Didnt here the last one too well either thanks tot he Radio on. ;lol:

Thunder again here! :D

Shotgun type thunder with a train of torrential downpours developing here now. :D Woop!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Think im going to give up now,Just 1 rumble of thunder and heavy rain here today,I agree it all kicks of after passing Bristol,Nothing new there for people down this way.

Too right. Ideally we would want the low further to the southwest so that the winds take a SErly direction - we always get good when that happens (12th Aug 2004, 24th Sept 2006) etc.

Posted

Very dark, ugly looking sky to my NW, and can hear deep, low rumbles of thunder. Seems to be passing me by though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Had a distant flash and a big rumble of thunder between 5.30 and 6.00 as a heavy shower passed. Did not hear any more thunder after that despite a very thundery sky.

Posted

Thats just a couple of miles from where i live, I was at work in St Helens when that storm developed over me, it produced one flash and rumble, then as it head towards Wigan and Bolton it became more active, I could hear many distant rumbles. Thats been the story for the last three days, Cb's started to build over me at work then become thundery as they moved over to where ! live,

Damn it, why could they not wait till i get homeclosedeyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very quick but angry thunder and constant torrential rain! Love it! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Thats just a couple of miles from where i live, I was at work in St Helens when that storm developed over me, it produced one flash and rumble, then as it head towards Wigan and Bolton it became more active, I could hear many distant rumbles. Thats been the story for the last three days, Cb's started to build over me at work then become thundery as they moved over to where ! live,

Damn it, why could they not wait till i get homeclosedeyes.gif

lol Aye seems to be the case a lot of the time. I have been really lucky so far this summer but many a time I have been sat there twiddling me thumbs when someone 10 miles away is in the middle of a good storm! Would love to see a storm / tornado by USA standards lol :drinks:

Posted

Looks like a convergence zone has developed slap bang over us with a constant back building of torrential downpours now on the radar developing to my SW. :D

Posted

I wish I could have a proper storm. I still haven't had one yet this year, despite a few little rumbles here and there. That's why I'm hoping that stuff in Wales gets stronger. If not I'll still be hungry for the main course after my many, many, starters.

Posted

Can now see lightning to my NW as well as even more louder and deeper rumbles of thunder. The storm appears to be rotating, and I am watching an area of virga that has possibilities for a funnel cloud.

Posted

Storms keep developing to my immediate south, then moving to my immediate east. Last one produced quite loud thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hello all. Happy Friday to one and all.

Can someone please tell me if we are expecting anything in my neck of the woods? I havent been able to access all day and have just come back on line.

Posted

Interesting hearing about this and seeing the pics, and this from the Daily mail made me laugh...

''It got trapped in the children's play equipment and spun everything out to the edges of the garden.''

A tornado trapped in children's play equipment? what? :lol:

It has been another rather boring day here today. A few brief light/drizzly showers, and hardly any sun. A rather disappointing spell here and could do with some convective weather. No thunder since May the 6th. There was some rain last night with a very brief very heavy burst.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

Thuinder and lightning intensity increasing, but so far not rain, but it is very dark.

Edit: It has just started raining heavily

Edited by nimbus20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

It's still pretty lively out there, but these are the strikes so far today.

post-2-0-42838700-1310141523_thumb.png

Don't know how accurate that is but I can guarantee there has been zero storm activity in and around Norwich, not even a moderate shower rolleyes.gif

Posted

Got the whole works now. Thunder, lightning, torrential rain, all accompanied by a very strong wind which sprang up out of nowhere!! Now a clearance is on the way just to add a bit more colour to the mix.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Awww, So many storms and yet again missed everything here..

Damn river making it impossible to get anything from westerlies. ( or worsterlies )

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Zero again all missing this area by a few miles

Posted

Awww, So many storms and yet again missed everything here..

Damn river making it impossible to get anything from westerlies. ( or worsterlies )

As quickly as it started it has all about ended. Brief but brilliant, with all the right ingredients in a relatively small but powerful package.

Could be your turn tomorrow Lynxus, and if so you will be making the rest of us feel left out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

As quickly as it started it has all about ended. Brief but brilliant, with all the right ingredients in a relatively small but powerful package.

Could be your turn tomorrow Lynxus, and if so you will be making the rest of us feel left out.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hahah

Good one ;)