Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

8 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted

Pronounced rotation in that cell over Boston at the moment, heading NE up the western side of the 'Wash' towards Skegness.

Now it's getting brighter outside and the rain's stopped!!!!! Don't tell me this is ANOTHER 'missed by a mile' storm again!!!!!! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Torrential downpour just passed through with daytime semi darkness. Non-electrical though.......naturally!

Posted

My first UK storm in 3 years near Edinburgh airport!!! Some pretty frequent t and l. Been right on the edge of it so far but getting very dark.

That could been our Storm

Posted

Quite a interesting time i've had here the past few days. No classic thunderstorm shower setups hitting my locality directly (still another 48hr window of opportunity though) but have come close in hearing a few rumbles, and seeing some amazing skyscapes moving through. I'd rather take these than Spanish Plumes anyday.

Looking up to Sunday the MetO places a nice little trough across the central belt of the country, this may obviously change with the next runs but still a last-gasp of the convectivity before the HP finally sets itself back in place over the UK.

Posted

Blimey, only just half way through and you want to go home for your tea? :lol:

No im just chilling. There was a problem with the refresh on my pc so not all comments were showing up.

Posted

Very dark, angry skies to my west and north, and can hear rumbles of thunder. Radar clearly showing plenty more to come yet.

Posted

well i have to say this is the most extreme storm i have seen in years,lightning every 2 or 3 seconds very intense booming thunder,and the clouds are rising and moving around in all directionscc_confused.gif

very intresting to watch,never seen clouds move around like this before drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Nice thunderstorm forming on the radar in NE England now - I'm going to the Lake District this evening so it'd be nice to get something before then!

Posted

I'm watching this band approaching from edinburgh and so forth on NW Extra radar. Appears to be weakening as ir pushes westwards though.................

Posted

Nice thunderstorm forming on the radar in NE England now - I'm going to the Lake District this evening so it'd be nice to get something before then!

No we keeping them in our area today :whistling:

Posted

well i have to say this is the most extreme storm i have seen in years,lightning every 2 or 3 seconds very intense booming thunder,and the clouds are rising and moving around in all directionscc_confused.gif

very intresting to watch,never seen clouds move around like this before drinks.gif

To quote Freddy and the boys.... Thunderbolt and lightning - very very frightening me / Gallileo, Gallileo, / Gallileo, Gallileo, / Gallileo Figaro - magnificoooooooo

In Edinburgh just now - it's a bit like a Lord of the Rings Mordor film set with sound effects - been going for about an hour so far... can't see the clouds moving as seem to be underneath - glad I am not landing at the airport!!

Rainfall is pretty impressive too

Hope it doesn't head for T in the Park

Edited by iangec

Posted

Disappointing so far with only the odd brief heavy shower.Dry now with the sun coming out.

Edited by sunny scunny

Posted

Disappointing so far with only the odd brief heavy shower.Dry now with the sun coming out.

Time for us to head to a bar and drown our sorrows!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'm sitting just outside Leeds. No thunder to report yet just heavy rain. I have my fingers crossed for later though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Well today is going just as i thought, storms only 20 miles away, had about 3 showers today which has come to 0.6mm lol. I just want to see some hail! I was still in school last time it hailed here :( Nice to see others enjoying storms though

Oh, great - the Sun's come out!!!! I'm abandoning all storm hopes from here on in.....

There's a nnhhuuge load of showers out to your west! No need to give up hope yet. Been utter crap here as well but until there is absolutely zero chance of us getting a thunderstorm, I will still be physically glued to my computer screen :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

This is the best storm have seen and heard for such a long time up here, even from West Lothian its putting on a show today..

Edited by lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Is that storm in the NE actually producing anything?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Is that storm in the NE actually producing anything?

Dunno, nobody's reporting! It looks good on the radar though.

Posted

Edinburgh METAR, looking at the cam and reading reports seems this storm has hit the western city quite hard. Moving into Fakirk soon. http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/united-kingdom-ireland.php?icao=EGPH

Posted

There's a nnhhuuge load of showers out to your west! No need to give up hope yet. Been utter crap here as well but until there is absolutely zero chance of us getting a thunderstorm, I will still be physically glued to my computer screen :)

Yep the showers behind the main band are intensifying, but im not expecting much else here.

Posted

Yep the showers behind the main band are intensifying, but im not expecting much else here.

Hi mate. Radar looking promising, but so far just a couple of showers here and the odd rumble. See what happens when that organised band (?trough) comes across us. It could hit you and fizzle out before it gets to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The band in the NE is virtually stationary to the south of Cleadon, though it will presumably get here eventually!