Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

8 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Is that storm in the NE actually producing anything?

Only produced moderate rain here but i think that is just what was left of the front that was crossing the country, the real convective stuff will follow on behind, there is a band just north of the humber i am keeping a eye on

Posted

storm just pass over here,seen 2 forks and loud thunder clouds very black,sun back out now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Only produced moderate rain here but i think that is just what was left of the front that was crossing the country, the real convective stuff will follow on behind, there is a band just north of the humber i am keeping a eye on

That shower/storm passed West of Redcar. I'd be interested to hear a report from the Darlington / Bishop Auckland area. I guess time will tell whether this is electrical or not!

Posted

brilliant storm by UK standards. it seems to be intensifying again with frequent t and l. pretty slow moving as well!! Shame I'm.in the office.

Posted

Edinburgh METAR, looking at the cam and reading reports seems this storm has hit the western city quite hard. Moving into Fakirk soon. http://en.allmetsat....d.php?icao=EGPH

its a very impressive storm,flooded the streets and the lightning is every couple seconds,and its purpleshok.gif. a very nice birthday present from mother nature yahoo.gif

Posted

brilliant storm by UK standards. it seems to be intensifying again with frequent t and l. pretty slow moving as well!! Shame I'm.in the office.

Yeh looks impressive on the radar/lightning map

post-2-0-66908500-1310133350_thumb.png

Posted

Thundering here now rather frequently from that batch of showers moving North. Very heavy rain too. I was just about to go out aswell!

Posted

Hi mate. Radar looking promising, but so far just a couple of showers here and the odd rumble. See what happens when that organised band (?trough) comes across us. It could hit you and fizzle out before it gets to me.

My area needs lots of rain mate and the grass is brown,which shows how unlucky my area has been recently.Still plenty of time yet today though :drinks:

Posted

Well for someone living with a METO heavy rain warning, its been blue skies and fluffy white clouds all day, till now :clap:

The rains just starting with a rumble of thunder in the distance :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Just more heavy rain here, I don't think we will be seeing anything electrical today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Yeh looks impressive on the radar/lightning map

post-2-0-66908500-1310133350_thumb.png

Thanks for putting that up - brilliant - this one is just sitting in til it burns itself out..

T in the Park

Thunder in the Park more like - going to be a mud bath glad am not there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Good old facebook and you tube courtesy of a friend in Edinburgh, almost a live video with a decent lightning shot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Good old facebook and you tube courtesy of a friend in Edinburgh, almost a live video with a decent lightning shot

Thanks for the link, am feeling very storm-starved down here

:cray:

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The sky's has turned very dark here in the Peak District, with deep rumbles in the distant. Its looking promising on the radar......:good:

The sky's has turned very dark here in the Peak District, with deep rumbles in the distant. Its looking promising on the radar......:good:

I've been watching those cells to the south of me. Nice to hear they have some electricity in them! I'll keep my ears open...

Posted

No thunder here. Where in the Peak District are you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

I thinking some of the storms be going all night so I still have hope to see some more later on :drunk:

Aye stu , here's hoping , i missed these storms in edinburgh by about 20-30 miles laugh.gif

Posted

Just the 2 downpours today so far,No thunder,Far from calling it a day but i think it's going to be the usual senario here,Storms around but once again Bristol and surrounding areas will just see rain and nothing else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Anywhere south of Bristol - The Wash looks to be devoid of anything today dry.gif Thought that was yesterday's weather....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Judging by the big dry slot to the south west of me on the radar, I think its safe to say game over for another day. Another epic fail it is then. When the hell is the storm shield over this part of the world going to break? :wallbash: