Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discusion And Reports

Posted

finish work at 2 home then head for MK i think then possibly head south to Dunstable Downs on to Aylesbury via chilterns depending on what i can see when i get to MK. got to get my first uk daytime lightning shot been trying for 3 years cams always been pointing at wrong part off or wrong storm even, with our normal storms not producing many lightning strikes

plenty off convective cloud visible from Oxford at the moment and the odd spot of heavy rain lets hope it really gets going today not too much rain though want to see any lightning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

As Harry has just posted there a couple of Cells that have popped up at Oxford and Bicester. Based on the direction the Leighton Buzzard cell is heading in I would give you more chance of a direct hit from those 2 if they have any potency

Brilliant aslong as i see somthing lool this is the first day in a long while that it has felt like somthing is about to happen... Will let you know if it does thanks!

Edit: Just heard a distant rummble :whistling::D

Edited by Daveweiser

Posted

Looks like I'm missing out by 20 miles or so. I have watched the development from my garden and its looking good, large cumulus/CB's gone up. I'm hoping something will bubble up further south in line with me but i doubt it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Nothing to report from work in Doncaster.

Cumulus coulds overhead with broken sunshine. A little bit of vertical development can be seen through the haze but nothing spectacular. Interesting to note there is a storm in Barnsley: you'd never know it here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Mackerel sky here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Brilliant aslong as i see somthing lool this is the first day in a long while that it has felt like somthing is about to happen... Will let you know if it does thanks!

Reporting in from Leighton Buzzard! Dave - if it gets to you, you'll be in for some fun...probably the heaviest rain I have seen here in 7 years. Some cracking thunder too - one of thos e mafe me jump out of my skin!

BBC weather well up to date - no mention of any storms already happening. poor!

Posted

Looks like I'm missing out by 20 miles or so. I have watched the development from my garden and its looking good, large cumulus/CB's gone up. I'm hoping something will bubble up further south in line with me but i doubt it

Next stop for that bad boy is Biggleswade!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I think what Paul is saying get your wallet outyahoo.gif.... Its well worth every penny though!

Rain Today is good enough and free!

Storm Going up near Luton :D, We need a storm here hasn't been one since last year :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Have we offended someone I wonder? Or does someone up there have something against Westerners? We really are getting the rough end of things this year.

According to met office we have potential on Sunday! (subject to change) haha. I'd love to alter the law of physics and teleport to where this excitement is all kicking off in the east.

Posted

Reporting in from Leighton Buzzard! Dave - if it gets to you, you'll be in for some fun...probably the heaviest rain I have seen here in 7 years. Some cracking thunder too - one of thos e mafe me jump out of my skin!

BBC weather well up to date - no mention of any storms already happening. poor!

YES YES YES! even darker now heard 3-4 rumbles no flashes yet gunna stop reading this forum in a min and go outside for some fun LOL

Edited by Daveweiser

Posted

The cell that was heading for the Bedford area now looks to be skirting east of my location. Those cells near oxford have pepped up a bit, hoping one of those will hit.

Posted

Very Happy with my Risk Box from Last Night

Swindon up towards the East Midlands firmly in the Zone, expect the CZ Line to back build all day and some places could see quite a few Storms, Still going for the Far SE Including SE Essex (Meee) to stay Dry and Hot but at least we get about an 1" of rain tomorrow :lol: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

there's a beutiful storm streamer just SE of Leicester, too bad Im about 25 miles NW of it!! Cells keep developing in a line one behind the other. Some lucky sod surely has hit the lottery out there :D

Posted

Rain Today is good enough and free!

Storm Going up near Luton :D, We need a storm here hasn't been one since last year :wallbash:

Rain today is not a patch on the Netweather radar IMO.

Posted

It's go go go! lol

Incidentally, bugger all here in case anyone was wondering :cray:

Its a shame because the SE seems to suffer all the heat and humidity and doesn't reap any rewards :(

Posted

The cell that was heading for the Bedford area now looks to be skirting east of my location. Those cells near oxford have pepped up a bit, hoping one of those will hit.

The one near Edgcott/Winslow area looks to have the best shot. Same steering winds in place so touch and go for a direct hit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'm getting jealous :nonono:

My face resembles the shamrock on the back of an Aer Lingus jet!! I know the feeling make no mistake....the humidity has cranked right up here in the last hour, whereas up until noon it was rather pleasant...now it's a case of "Phwoooar"

We shouldn't forget we don't have a 0% risk, but chances are slim compared to other areas!

Posted

Very Happy with my Risk Box from Last Night

Swindon up towards the East Midlands firmly in the Zone, expect the CZ Line to back build all day and some places could see quite a few Storms, Still going for the Far SE Including SE Essex (Meee) to stay Dry and Hot but at least we get about an 1" of rain tomorrow :lol: :lol:

Yes Paul, what great consolation! :cray:

Posted

Some nice convection happening to the west of Aylesbury (towards Oxford) at the moment, also above the Chilterns to the east.

Posted

First cells exploding up east coast north of the wash!

Posted

there's a beutiful storm streamer just SE of Leicester, too bad Im about 25 miles NW of it!! Cells keep developing in a line one behind the other. Some lucky sod surely has hit the lottery out there :D

All of them with Lincolnshire as a destination!

Posted

It went south of me :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: Lettuce this town mk428rs

Edited by Daveweiser

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Nothing.....very innocuous.The only sort of development I can see is to the east of me so undoubtedly something between our locations.

Nothing seems to be coming of it here, the atmosphere just isn't right in this neck of the woods. I fancy parts of Derbyshire and north and east of there seeing some action in a little bit though.