Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discusion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

I think I've been elsewhere in the UK when we've had a direct hit. I bought a DSLR a few years back and that was the kiss of death!

Same saw a brilliant one in hitchin last year.Oh damn haha! Its starting to get dark over MK direction, heard a rumble :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Looks like it's weakening now. Hopefully there's more behind it

There seems to be another strong cell over MK at the mo...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Things kicking off in Hertfordshire now

Posted

Bloody annoying here in Newbury, :wallbash:

Just as things were looking reasonably hopeful a large sheet of cirrostratus is invading from the southwest. :wallbash:

According to SAT24 animations, it may well clear come 4pm time but that's surely put the mockers on our (Joneseye etc.) hopes in the West Berkshire area.

Temperature peaking at 25.4c and a DP of 18.6c, oh how things could have been. Good Luck to all the other storm starved folk in here.

Desperate Regards

gottolvethisweather

I always had the suspicion we were too far south to see any action in Newbs.. Looks like Oxford is the initiation zone today as more cells are forming that way before heading on their merry way towards Beds/Cambs..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Arrrghhhh bugger!! A storm formed about 15 miles East of me and is moving East :wallbash:

Oh well, Fools and Horses is on BBC1 so it's a decent replacement :D Cushty.

OMG!!!! I have been watching that collection of cells for like AN HOUR I have been so twisted over how close I am yet so far!!! RAAAAAAHHHH!! :wallbash: :wallbash:

Nothing seems to be forming west of us neither +sigh+ I hate living in Nottingham!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

OMG!!!! I have been watching that collection of cells for like AN HOUR I have been so twisted over how close I am yet so far!!! RAAAAAAHHHH!! :wallbash: :wallbash:

Nothing seems to be forming west of us neither +sigh+ I hate living in Nottingham!!!

I know, as Del would say.. GORDON BENNETT!!!

Hoping something forms to the West of Leicester but i'm not holding my breathe, it's flippin roasting here today, I know that much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

lol it can't be that bad, does well in winter and is far enough east in summer to catch the paths of MCSs. Here on the other hand......the less said the better as it has no redeeming features come summer or winter. Skies at the moment are as flat as a pancake.

Posted

Same saw a brilliant one in hitchin last year.Oh damn haha! Its starting to get dark over MK direction, heard a rumble :whistling:

Thought i heard a rumble too, bloody lorries!!

Tis getting dark though....Especially towards MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Lovely storm overhead here now, plenty of action - at last I've had more than a distant rumble and can hand in my membership to the no storms club !!yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Thought i heard a rumble too, bloody lorries!!

Tis getting dark though....Especially towards MK

sweeeeet its has to hit now im just about to walk to town for a meeting lmao im gunna get fudging soaked! if you do see anything film it for me : P

Talk laters good luck!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Just had a storm in Leeds, CG lightning, monsoon-like rain, loud thunder, gusty winds, absolute madness, the streets were completely flooded yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Lovely storm overhead here now, plenty of action - at last I've had more than a distant rumble and can hand in my membership to the no storms club !!yahoo.gif

Woohoo! :D

Posted

yay congratulations :drinks:

Posted

Very happy to hear your'e not in the club! :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Storm has moved on from here now, gone back to sunny and getting hot again :-(

Its looking black over Biggleswade / Bedford way now from what I can see from here ......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Well done Mk, :clap:

I am sooo jealous of you and the others who have got a storm.Right now, though just some rain would be excellent here it's really sweltering.:nonono:

Posted

From the top of my office block it appears to be darkening to the west of Leeds over in the Bradford direction. If these clouds do anything they will most likely hit north west or north Leeds and not the city centre judging by the wind direction, unless they build from the south.

The storm that passed through earlier is still producing distant rumbles as it heads towards Tadcaster.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

First storms is moving away to the Ne and northants area. Appears to be two cells developing to the SW of MK, heard a couple of rumbles from that direction and the sky is looking very dark over there. I think storm no:2 is heading for MK, they are like buses, none for ages then they come all at once. :drinks:

Posted

Well done Mk, :clap:

I am sooo jealous of you and the others who have got a storm.Right now, though just some rain would be excellent here it's really sweltering.:nonono:

Don't know about you jane but the grass here is all yellowy brown,, and the ground is starting to crack :( think it's just west middlanders in NSC now :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It is stupidly humid right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Don't know about you jane but the grass here is all yellowy brown,, and the ground is starting to crack :( think it's just west middlanders in NSC now :(

lol I know how you feel, I'd be happy just seeing some rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

I am so jealous of you lot with the storms especially as they seem to be happening where I used to live - Huntingdon / Cambridge area - around 8 years ago. I moved South and enjoyed our storms here but now they've decided to go north to where I used to live! Arrrghhhhh so frustrating! :wallbash:

Photo's & videos would be much appreciated from you storm-enjoying-peeps pleeeaaaaasse :D