Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ex Ts Katia In The UK - Chat Thread 3

Coast

Posted

Would love to watch it, however it doesnt load in firefox and keeps showing a blank 20 second advert over and over in chrome sad.png

Working fine here on both....

Have you got a ad blocker running??

Posted

Would love to watch it, however it doesnt load in firefox and keeps showing a blank 20 second advert over and over in chrome sad.png

I'd think that'll be related to you running an adblocker - switch that off and I expect you'll be able to see the stream. It's working fine in chrome (and all other browsers) here.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Working fine here on both....

Have you got a ad blocker running??

Working fine on Firefox on my Mac too.

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

wind gusts coming much more frequently now 1-2 min apart

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

What's coming from the south west?

This :

http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html

Read a post on another forum describing it as a trough, but whatever it is has developed notably in the past few hours.

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Well I'm not sure what is approaching the SW, but there is a trough forecast over Wales tomorrow, which will spread eastwards during the day. Is that it? Or are we looking at something developing that wasn't quite expected?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Well I'm not sure what is approaching the SW, but there is a trough forecast over Wales tomorrow, which will spread eastwards during the day. Is that it? Or are we looking at something developing that wasn't quite expected?

If that is the trough forecasted to be over Wales tomorrow then the forecast needs updating because the rate that feature is approaching I'd say it will reach here in the next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

car alarm gone off round the corner , some hefty gusts now , pounding the side of the house

Posted

The winds began easing around dinner time but have come back strong again, very iresponsible of the met and most weather sites if Im onest to ignore the Western and Southern Coastline of Wales. I.e Pembrey Sands, Mumbles all have recorded gusts of over 60mph today, some as high as 68mph in southern Cardiff, that isn't your average cardiff Wind, yes we're quite used to it here on the brecon beacons and in carmarthenshires coastal plains but still a school boy error for them to write severe weather off here. Typical weather stations constantly snubbing Wales, it does my tits in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

The winds began easing around dinner time but have come back strong again, very iresponsible of the met and most weather sites if Im onest to ignore the Western and Southern Coastline of Wales. I.e Pembrey Sands, Mumbles all have recorded gusts of over 60mph today, some as high as 68mph in southern Cardiff, that isn't your average cardiff Wind, yes we're quite used to it here on the brecon beacons and in carmarthenshires coastal plains but still a school boy error for them to write severe weather off here. Typical weather stations constantly snubbing Wales, it does my tits in.

cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yes, a trough is developing. The showers and longer spells of rain will push in to the South West over night, so tomorrow some people could see some cracking downpours.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Are we going to see any more of this in South East England (Luton, etc)?

Edited by Luton-Weather

Posted

Are we going to see any more of this in South East England (Luton, etc)?

Possibly, but it really looks to start dying down for us from 19.00hrs onwards:

sfcwind0.curr.1900lst.d2.png

car alarm gone off round the corner

Dodgy area like Burgess Hill eh? :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yes, it does seem rather odd. Also strange, is the fact that you have now made 2,571 posts and nobody has asked you to add your location, Brecon Beacons (?) to your profile page. sorry.gif

Keep your reports coming, although I imagine by now your winds are slowly dying down. Roll on the squally showers is waht I say.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

40mph could bring a tree down fairly promptly I think, give the soil is fairly wet.

I think there is a tendency to overexaggerate winds, for example a 35-40mph can certainly knock someone unsteady. 50mph wind and you're really struggling to stand still, 70mph and there is a chance of being taken off the ground, momentarily.

Only a sappling would be uprooted by 40mph not a tree of any significant size!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Was wondering if a separate thread should be opened to cover what is approaching the UK from the South West?

I did create one, was locked within the hour. Forum mod's save bandwidth and re-open it for discussion please, if possible.

Posted

Hi Maitland, you've just tempted me, a keen kayaker, to go on the school run early, to have a look at the Allan in town.

Quite windy here but nothing dramatic so far.

Anyone noticed the tightning of the isobars on the XCweather pressure map just SW of the low centre, is that the main event for us?

A keen kayaker !!! I remember watching the Knaik in spate last year after heavy rain and was amazed at the power of the water and then I heard some voices up river and watched with utter amazement as four blokes were popping kayaks into the water !!!

As you you said nothing dramatic at the minute, I haven't even seen a branch of any of the trees yet. After the storm in May there was utter carnage in the back garden here and at the minute I don't have any leaves of the trees to talk about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Possibly, but it really looks to start dying down for us from 19.00hrs onwards:

sfcwind0.curr.1900lst.d2.png

Looks like we might get something tonight:

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Only a sappling would be uprooted by 40mph not a tree of any significant size!

I'd go as far as to say it's probably more likely to be the other way around. I would suggest sapplings (or young/small trees) are more able to withstand a 40mph gust than a tree with a top heavy crown.