Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ex Ts Katia In The UK - Chat Thread 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Whats going on with this second low? could it be the storm us southern coast lads so desperately desire?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
This is what netweather certainly does very well too. good.gif As others have mentioned, there appears to be another development out west. Is there any likelihood of a secondary low coming ashore, say tomorrrow??? shok.gif Cheers gottolovethisweather

According to the FAX chart there is a slim possibility of a secondary low forming...depicting a wave disturbance along Katia's CF. Due to the strong ridging I suspect that not a lot will come from it....not saying that with much conviction though I have to say

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Gusting just short of 50mph here, feels bloody cold too when it gets up.

Sun is shining though. :p

Posted

This is what netweather certainly does very well too. good.gif

As others have mentioned, there appears to be another development out west. Is there any likelihood of a secondary low coming ashore, say tomorrrow??? shok.gif

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

There is a area of iterest to the South west, it could become a small low, but it is more likely to bring a period of rain and possibly thunder to some areas from the southwest. With convection this could increase wind speed in any showers it brings. its likely to be in a few hours time not tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

It has really ramped up now, sustained winds I would guess at between 50-60mph howling through....

Posted
It has really ramped up now, sustained winds I would guess at between 50-60mph howling through....

Sustained!? cc_confused.gif

Posted

Sustained!? cc_confused.gif

I mean more than just a gust sorry Harry, not in the real term sustained! Lasting about 5-10 seconds ish...

Posted

seems to have gone quiet here now its gusting regularly at 35 - 45 mph but the strongest gust at 65.7 mph was around 40 mins ago now, and its not gusted over 45 since.................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

just keeps getting windier heretongue.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

17C, with 50mph gusts now! Crystal clear, from the W. Sustained wind speed 25mph now and the gusts are lethal, a few bins and boxes floating about leaves everywhere. Autumn storm to remember.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

According to the FAX chart there is a slim possibility of a secondary low forming...depicting a wave disturbance along Katia's CF. Due to the strong ridging I suspect that not a lot will come from it....not saying that with much conviction though I have to say

Cheers Harry, now wouldn't that add some spice to the mix. acute.gif

Posted

There is a area of iterest to the South west, it could become a small low, but it is more likely to bring a period of rain and possibly thunder to some areas from the southwest. With convection this could increase wind speed in any showers it brings. its likely to be in a few hours time not tomorrow.

Is there possibility for this to rapidly deepen, since it wasn't originally picked up

Posted

17C, with 50mph gusts now! Crystal clear, from the W. Sustained wind speed 25mph now and the gusts are lethal, a few bins and boxes floating about leaves everywhere. Autumn storm to remember.

I confirm it has gone wild out there frequent and heavy strong gusts rattling through. The trees are literally bending in some of the gusts although nothing has become uprooted here yet... The strongest winds are not due for another couple of hours too??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Thanks pyro. hi.gif

I best let make my folks aware of it then as they're in north cornwall and may get lucky.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

at 10am it was 31mph sustained and gusts to 54mph... much higher than I expected, and seems to have picked up again in last half an hour...

Posted

I mean more than just a gust sorry Harry, not in the real term sustained! Lasting about 5-10 seconds ish...

Lol was going to say sorry.gif those winds sustained would be a huge concern!

I have been running this satellite loop back and forwards and the disturbance does appear meaty judging by the cloud appearance....the FAX chart has this feature running into N France later today but given its current track I'd say it has S UK in its sights also...wouldnt want to guess what it'll bring mind! Certainly quite a bit of moisture out there today so high precipitable values I'd suggest.3

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Gusts of 47 mph in Luton.

The sun has been out since morning but clouds are starting to cover the sky.

Posted

According to my local weather station the highest gust so far is 30.5mph .. dont think thats right somehow..could try doubling that then some.

Posted

Weather has changed dramatically in the last 40 minutes. Rivers are now in spate with heavy rain. Winds have increased considerably but no where near the worst I have seen here by a long way. I am led to believe though that they will increase further as the afternoon and evening progresses. Some leaves off the trees but no further debris such as branches etc.