Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ex Ts Katia In The UK - Chat Thread 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Pretty much zero wind here, theres a big oak at the back of my garden and theres not enough breeze to cause movement in the branches. Just dull, overcast and humid. Pretty much the same of what we've had most of the summer. Envious of everyone thats got something resembling a breeze right now! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A mean speed of 39 mph at the moment and a highest gust of 64 mph about half an hour ago.

It's already windier than I expected it to be!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

As expected.. Nothing to write home about here, highest gust here so far around 35mph and I don't expect it to get any worse.

Posted

Really going for it now, must be gusting into the mid 40's (or 546mph according to my weather station). Top gust so far in SW Sheffield is 59mph according to the below live weather page. Think i'll go and move a few more pots.

http://www.sheffield...e%20Weather.htm

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted

well the shelf in my bathroom has fell down :p quite weird as the window was closed... i wonder if it has something to do with the pressure dropping, the shelf is for the shower and only held on by like sucker plug things... it is getting very windy outside.

Posted

Not sure what the speeds are , but its blowing bins over and a gust just almost took my neighbours fence down . Its not gonna survive lol. Its weird , i just went into town , 1 mile away , and its relatively calm there. i am in an exposed spot though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Edinburgh Gogarbank gusting to 46mph at 10am. Winds are starting to pick up quite a big here , some strong gusts in the last hour or so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Can't ever remember seeing a depression like it - finding it difficult to identify the fronts - the clouds to the NW side of the storm centre are moving Northwards (or so it looks on radar). If the rain which moved through this morning was the CF it doesn't seem to have done much for the temperatures - still warm and very humid.

Interesting.....winds quite gusty here, if anything slowly starting to pick up which I strongly suspect will the case for most people as Monday progresses.

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

things really picking up here also blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

things really picking up here also blum.gif

About time you guys joined in...blum.gif

Posted

What is up with these storms the past few years? We normally get most of the right big bangers of storms passing through in the very north of Scotland but, past two - three years most just veering off south of us. Is this just down to change in the jet? Peak gusts forecast for us for this "storm" is less than 40 mph. That considered a calm day here. :-) I'm no complaining like but, does seem to be a difference in track of storms past few years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Wind continues to increase here and the gusts are making the roof creak around. Very strong sustained winds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Wind continues to increase here and the gusts are making the roof creak around. Very strong sustained winds

Stay safe Liam - winds picking up here now again and beginning to roar through although I still think they are a bit below gale forced...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Strong winds in Northants. Pitsford weather station recorded a gust of 51 mph @ 10:40

Posted

Subtle change in the jet later today:

post-6667-0-25519800-1315822420.gif

post-6667-0-25519800-1315822420_thumb.gi