Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ex Ts Katia In The UK - Chat Thread 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

the wind and gusts have really died down now sorry.gif .. Is that it for us east midlanders??? (or shall I say Nottingham since Mansfield seems to be getting blown into the next continent) About every 5-10 minutes I get a small gust of 20-30 mph I would guess, but until i see my SOLD signboard in front of my house, launch itself into the Tesco's Express over the road, I will remain fairly dissappointed nonono.gif

Good call on whoever it was yesterday saying Pennine lee-waves would be a possibility today. XCweather shows this quite well now, with ever increasing gusts to the East across the spine of the Pennines.

Thanks.

Looking at vis sat images lee waves looked to have formed downwind of the Welsh Mts and S Pennines, but not yet further north?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/beta/weather/observations/?tab=map

Posted

becomming more intense here now.

A little bit more here, though the max gust on my anemometer - which is only at 4m, though with a fairly clear sight of the SW - is still only 25.5mph.

Edited by NickR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

I've been caught out in close to 80mph winds once before when this system struck in 2007, i'm definitely not making the same mistake twice and it's a day of staying inside when there's so much debris around and tree's still in full leaf. We already had the local fire engines wailing around the valley with what sounded like a tannoy announcing something (could have been unrelated, but you never know.) This is what happened in 2007 for those in Manchester who remember it well http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6272193.stm

Yes, that was the last 'real blow' we had up here as well. And I don't think well get anywhere near that today (thank heavens).

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

the wind and gusts have really died down now sorry.gif .. Is that it for us east midlanders??? (or shall I say Nottingham since Mansfield seems to be getting blown into the next continent) About every 5-10 minutes I get a small gust of 20-30 mph I would guess, but until i see my SOLD signboard in front of my house, launch itself into the Tesco's Express over the road, I will remain fairly dissappointed nonono.gif

every little helps biggrin.png

Posted

Thats a Cold Front in Cold Advection with embedded thunderstorms so could become a lively area with interesting weather as it approaches us.

For New users on here, the reason this area is signifigant is the cold air will underrun the warm air infront of it causing the warm air to rise, this will firstly cause that warm moist air to condense, and this can be quite rapid. often causes thunderstorms and signifigant percipitation. A circulation can form as the air meets divergence and pressure drop in the centre. I am not expecting a deep low to form but an area of rather interesting weather could be rather likely so watch this area if in south of the UK and see what it does. Further North looks like the fun is starting to begin. Here in Cardiff the wind has just started picking up again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

becomming more intense here now.

Yes I can confirm this too Peter really starting to gust for sustained periods too...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Check out the streaming link right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Still gusty here in between Derby and Nottm, up to 50mph gusts recorded at Watnall

Posted

wind gusts have dropped barometer rising lazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of all types!
hi.gif Very Gusty up getting very wild with light showers ,some branches coming down! Along with the rmnants of my runner beansshok.gif

Posted

hi.gif Very Gusty up getting very wild with light showers ,some branches coming down! Along with the rmnants of my runner beansshok.gif

My hopes aren't high for the sweet peas and broad beans surviving this! mellow.png

EDIT: At least IMBY I wouldn't class this as too bad so far.

Edited by NickR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yep, big winds and big waves on the Ayrshire coast - now live

http://www.netweathe...herevents;sess=

This is what netweather certainly does very well too. good.gif

As others have mentioned, there appears to be another development out west. Is there any likelihood of a secondary low coming ashore, say tomorrrow??? shok.gif

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

the wind and gusts have really died down now sorry.gif .. Is that it for us east midlanders??? (or shall I say Nottingham since Mansfield seems to be getting blown into the next continent) About every 5-10 minutes I get a small gust of 20-30 mph I would guess

LOL!!!!

i reckon its dying down here a bit now all of a sudden. i think we topped out at 55mph here .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

wind gusts have dropped barometer rising lazy.gif

Certainly seems to be picking up here somewhat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: It's all about the white stuff!

wind upto 50mph now here. everyone has the bins out as its collection day, i can see a few of them going walkies once they have been emptied if they are left in the street