Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ex Ts Katia In The UK - Chat Thread 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

71 mph gust recorded at loftus weather station just up the road from me. I think windspeeds will peak around 6ish for this region

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Tonight's forecast, based on the TAFs 28qpxls.jpg

I sincerely hope you're right fella :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Watch the shortwave the models have picked up on, could give severe gales to northern areas tomorrow. Meto updated warnings to cover the possibility.

How do I upload videos??

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

76 mph gust at lake vyrnwy and 49 mean earlier makes severe gales.

For early september this is the strongest storm I`ve seen,for trees in full leaf this is enough.

55 mean gusting to 82 max at capel curig,looks like Wales is the place to be if you want the highest wind speeds.

And that was not predicted!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Watch the shortwave the models have picked up on, could give severe gales to northern areas tomorrow. Meto updated warnings to cover the possibility.

How do I upload videos??

Upload to youtube and insert media.

Posted

A pretty good strong to gale south-westerly blow here today.

I was working in Carmarthen, very strong gusts certainly around 45mph, with small branches blown off.

Not quite as windy back home now, no signs of damage or trees down driving back though, so nothing out of the usual, but it was never supposed to be for Wales and the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

I sincerely hope you're right fella biggrin.png

so anymore developments/thoughts on this southern trough?

There's no CAPE, no lifted index or any precip, not much chance of tstorms.

I agree, and have seen that. However the Metoffice have put in the F215 chart from the Southwest travelling ENE at 25/30knots +SHRA/+TSRA FROM 03z

It also states a TROUGH developing after the Cold Front. Not sure if you can see that, as I have a MetOffice account and allows me to view it securely. But last week when we had that Squall that came through, it was very convective (Cb) and that wasn't even forecasted/in the TAF - whilst it was not particularly Thundery/much lightning, there was no CAPE OR LI and we still got some extremely heavy rain. As I've said before, I am purely going by what I've learnt through Aviation MeteO syllabus and don't declare myself as a pro/expert but the experts are saying it could happen, and the TAFs reflect that.

ukarea_mslp_crop_06_t+24.gif

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

If only I had a camera driving home. Went down the lanes which allow me to overlook a huge area of the Severn Estuary. All i saw was low cloud covering the tops of the Severn Crossings and all the fields infront of me as I headed downhill had all their trees swaying a lot. I dont have any measurements but its been a pretty gusty afternoon and it is showing hints of calming down a little bit, although its still pretty windy with it coming in from the coast West of me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I agree, and have seen that. However the Metoffice have put in the F215 chart from the Southwest travelling ENE at 25/30knots +SHRA/+TSRA FROM 03z

It also states a TROUGH developing after the Cold Front. Not sure if you can see that, as I have a MetOffice account and allows me to view it securely. But last week when we had that Squall that came through, it was very convective (Cb) and that wasn't even forecasted/in the TAF - whilst it was not particularly Thundery/much lightning, there was no CAPE OR LI and we still got some extremely heavy rain. As I've said before, I am purely going by what I've learnt through Aviation MeteO syllabus and don't declare myself as a pro/expert but the experts are saying it could happen, and the TAFs reflect that.

ukarea_mslp_crop_06_t+24.gif

I guess so. Just wouldn't of thought it would be anything more than an isolated rumble with the low CAPE and LI.

I could be wrong though!

Posted

A very windy day here, with gusts probably in the region of 40mph, perhaps a bit more earlier this afternoon. No damage other than hanging baskets which have been obliterated, a few bedding plants broken and fallen pots.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Would love to watch it, however it doesnt load in firefox and keeps showing a blank 20 second advert over and over in chrome sad.png

Fine in Firefox 3.6.20 on a Mac.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I guess so. Just wouldn't of thought it would be anything more than an isolated rumble with the low CAPE and LI.

I could be wrong though!

Assuming GFS has picked up on the feature at all???

GFS have no precip travelling through the SW until the very early hours.

Posted

And that was not predicted!

Exactly,looking back the last 21 years this is the strongest september storm I`ve recorded.

A few branches but surprisingly nothing too bad,one tree uprooted blocking the road not our tree.

Does look like southern scotland`s turn now 70mph gusts on low ground would do damage.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Peak Gust 59 mph bit higher than I expected. Now a fresh breeze gusting into the low forties. Strange day Despite unloading vans outside never really noticed the wind expect for the pleasant cooling as the sun was quite warm. Rumors have it a local pub has it roof blown off otherwise no damage round here. One or two wheelie bins blown over after being put out a day early.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some fairly strong gusts this afternoon here but also a sunny day so quite a nice day actually!

A lot of small to Moderate size branches have come down in the woodland here. I reckon the Max Gust was 40-50mph here. Not bad at all for this location!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

An Extremely windy day here in Evesham, one fallen tree in Vine Street which had been there for generations! High gust @ my weather station of 35mph, but it is in a sheltered position, and I would think gusts at times have been up to 50mph......

Posted

Another streaming video location - from central Scotland this time, thanks to Ross B:

http://www.netweathe...ia-stream;sess=

Cool.

http://www.netweathe...therevents;sess

Looking rough on the Ayrshire coast. Not a good time to go for a swim methinks.

It's been gusting on and off here all day, but nothing major. Quite a few branches snapped off though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Assuming GFS has picked up on the feature at all???

GFS have no precip travelling through the SW until the very early hours.

Which wonders me, this cloud band coming through now does it have Precipitation? Which I am led to believe is the CF, with a trough forming behind it - As the TEMPORARY CHANGE (TEMPO) in the TAFs with +TSRA are for tomorrow morning, which is supposedly set to be extremely clear and Sunny.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There's no CAPE, no lifted index or any precip, not much chance of tstorms.

There's CAPE values between 100 and 300 j/KG with neutral lift. That's more than enough to give a few rumbles during showers. And not to mention, it's not always about the CAPE in situations like this. I'm not saying there will be t-storms widely across the SW. But there's definitely a good enough chance to catch a few rumbles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Forecasts are still sticking to heavy, maybe thundery showers moving across tomorrow lunchtime rather than anything being produced from that cloud band bar some sports of rain. It kind of looks like the cloud cover on the BBC weather site forecasted from 2200 - 0400 across the South (cold front??). Then behind that is the showers (assumed to be the trough?)