Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sept into Oct 2011 Warm Spell Discussion..

conor123

Upcoming warm spell, highest temperature?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the highest temperature recorded?

• 24c
    • 25c
    • 26c
    • 27c
    • 28c+

Posted

I don't think it will have much effect on the trees/plants etc to be fair, well not here anyway, everythings already practically dead and a dustbowl from months and months of little rain

and the days are getting ever shorter anyway now.

Posted

hello to all,

There is a good chance for Paris to reach 28c or near on friday saturday and sunday which really would be very short of record for october.not sure about records in uk but is there any chance of any borken ones in uk?

May not be here as records are quite high (early october 1985) september 1895 and also early october 1921 ( even if taken before 1950) all records just or above 28c for Paris.

And personnaly i really very much appreciate late heat waves ( cooler nights) or early ones and this year we have been served ( early april especially the south of france)

That would put us with 8 straight days above 25c since sunday 26th september .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Its like the night before the start of a mega cold spell, just as exciting.

I gave up hope looking for hot weather at the start of September, and since then we have seen constant 14-16.c maxes so to reach 25/26.c will be a pretty big shock to the system.

bbcweather.png

Ironic that this is the best 5 day forecast we have had all year yet its nearly mid autumn.

On a side note will this affect the trees in any-way. Will they carry on browning or will it just temporarily stop?

Also Its interesting that back in October 2008 people were saying its strange seeing trees in full leaf with snow on, now we are seeing many hues yet in hot weather.

Amazing! Haven't seen a forecast like that all year in all honesty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I have to say I am very happy about this and was wishing for a late summer. Wonderful. Plus it prolongs the time before I put the heating on. I refuse til November! Well try anyway. The only thing is I could do with Sunday being a little cooler please just a tad! Please. Temps look to be a toasty 27 degrees by Wednesday. Phew ee.

Posted

Very welcome indeed. I just hope this thick fog clears today!

Hello again.. Sorry i have not had time to read the entire conversation.. But would like to ask a question to the historians of weather contributers on these here forums..

With the weather that is predicted in the following days. Is this kind of weather unheard of at this time of year IE to last for several days with the highs that are predicted. As there been cases in the past say 20/30/40 years of it occuring?.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Hello again.. Sorry i have not had time to read the entire conversation.. But would like to ask a question to the historians of weather contributers on these here forums..

With the weather that is predicted in the following days. Is this kind of weather unheard of at this time of year IE to last for several days with the highs that are predicted. As there been cases in the past say 20/30/40 years of it occuring?.

Yep, 1985.

The temps nudged just past 30c I believe (hope the date is correct).

Posted

Im hoping that the wind direction will be east of South rather than west of South here the rest of the week as its been dreary with low cloud thus far today and i remember in April whilst the rest of the UK had sunshine there were numerous occasions where it was overcast/misty here.

Posted

Hi all,

I am getting married on Sat this weekend in Leicestershire and everytime i look at the weather it seems to be changing with more cloud. Can anyone advise what the weather is looking like for Leicester area on Sat as i dont want to much cloud. On Mon it forcast wall to wall sunshine and now today 75% cloud. Could this change by sat and what do people think

Many Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I reckon a few places in the South East can peak at aroun 28.4c I reckon, this will be highest temperature of warm I reckon.

For where I am I reckon the highest could get to about 26-27 in Newport but this coastal part of the Island I live in will get to around 24-25, Ill be happy with that :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The warm spell has begun here. 20.6c and gradually rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

It's been cloudy here all day and fairly warm. Sun is beginning to poke through. Tomorrow onwards until at least Sunday we're predicited clear sunshine and warm temps. Why couldn't we have this in August when I had 2 weeks off..not now when I'm back at work all day haha.

Posted

Well its off to a very slow start here in the London Suburbs. Plenty of cloud around all morning and early afternoon, pegging temperatures back. Im still optimistic though !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

So far we have had a maxium of 20.6c, but the temperature seems to dropping a bit due to the cloud cover, its currently 19.8c now

Posted

It's taken a while but the sun has finally broken through - long may it continue! clapping.gif

Posted

Buxton currently recording 20.5'c at 2.30pm, still feels chilly in the air oddly however as I'm sat here in a thin jumper. Either that or I must be losing the plot lol. Hoping things warm up more tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Stunning day here. Clear blue skies and non stop sunshine since 8am once the Mist cleared. 22c here. This is just the starter. Expecting 27c here in the next few days. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Cloudy, Warm (Not Hot) Winter: Thundersnow

Gravesend is expected to be the highest temperature again for the weekend, as predicted on regional lunchtime news

Posted

I see the max September temp for England is 35.6 °C on 2 September 1906 at Hesley Hall, South Yorkshire. I guess that isn't about to be broken.

But the max October temp for England at 29.4 °C set on 1 October 1985 in March Cambridgeshire, might just be within reach on Saturday - what do you think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Going to be a close one Coast however quite often a few locations seem to do better than what the forecasts suggest. Im going to say the Max will be about 28.5c though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I see the max September temp for England is 35.6 °C on 2 September 1906 at Hesley Hall, South Yorkshire. I guess that isn't about to be broken.

But the max October temp for England at 29.4 °C set on 1 October 1985 in March Cambridgeshire, might just be within reach on Saturday - what do you think?

mmmmmm..........we shall see.

I am in no doubt that we will see 27c but 29c may be a push too far.

It is dry though and with this hot spell building up (not being a one day affair) then it does stand a better chance of being a record breaker!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Temperature still rising. Up to 22.4c which is a little more than i was expecting today. I guess it may rise a little further and set us up for a warm evening as the warm uppers push up from the south. If only it stayed light till late like in mid summer.

Posted

In 30 years of records the maximum temperature in September here is 27.1C set back in 1999. Theres a very good chance that it will be threatened this week. Whats especially unusual is that its so late in the month.

Theres also a good chance of the October record going here too, which is 26.2C from back on 1st October 1985. As it stands, that is the only day in 30 years to surpass 25C after 21st September, so the fact that several days might manage that is in itself exceptional.

Pretty pleasant here today already with a max of 22.1C.