Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sept into Oct 2011 Warm Spell Discussion..

conor123

Upcoming warm spell, highest temperature?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the highest temperature recorded?

• 24c
    • 25c
    • 26c
    • 27c
    • 28c+

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

So another question:

Would all the members here, give up a cold and snowy Winter for a continuation of this until say March next year? unknw.gif

At the drop of a hat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

So another question:

Would all the members here, give up a cold and snowy Winter for a continuation of this until say March next year? unknw.gif

An interesting question, but I'd say no- it would feel somewhat out of place having summery weather all through winter, and after a few weeks of it I'd probably start craving a bit more variety.

If we were comparing with a mild dull drizzly winter, or a cold dull dry winter with persistent south-easterly winds, it would be rather more tempting though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

A toasty 25.4C the high in Longlevens and not a cloud in the sky all day - all very pleasant indeed cool.png

As to having this weather all winter - no thank you, the cold dark days are needed to fully appreciate summer.

Posted

Not a cloud in the sky all day long -- I don't remember the last time I've seen a day like it. It's a completely spotless blue sky. :)

Posted

So another question:

Nope, I had that for 7 years whilst I lived in South Africa, blue skies, not a cloud to be seen for almost 6months.

No thanks, been there done that, the whole idea of dark nights, plenty of precip, variable temps, that breaks the seasons up.

Posted

Nope, I had that for 7 years whilst I lived in South Africa, blue skies, not a cloud to be seen for almost 6months.

No thanks, been there done that, the whole idea of dark nights, plenty of precip, variable temps, that breaks the seasons up.

I agree. There's beauty in the variety of nature -- blazing sunshine, heavy fog, rain, snow, strong winds, calm and gentle breezes. I love all of it but only taken together, with change from day to day, month to month, season to season... I'd go mad if the weather remained the same for 6 months on end, no matter how "nice" it might be. :p

Posted

Oh my gosh what a day! high of 25.9c here making it one of the warmest spots in the country, cloudless skies all day long.

3rd warmest day of the year aswell!! possibly the 2nd warmest day though im sure 26c was reached at the beginning of August here when i was on holiday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

3rd warmest day of the year here too. Tomorrow, it may be the 2nd warmest.. already the maximum for September is much higher than in July or August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

So another question:

I'd happily take today's weather for all eternity so long as you could arrange for frost on bonfire night and a month of bitter, snowy weather from mid December through to mid January. Oh, and if you miraculously have those powers, can you also please arrange for rain to only fall after midnight and before Sun up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

27C at Gravesend I believe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I wouldn't be so sure, it's definitely the warmest day of the year here, and the humidity actually would be correct given a dewpoint of 17C and an 2m temp of 29C...numerous non-official weather stations are reporting 27C+ in the West Midlands...Official weather stations at Shawbury & RAF Cosford (both within 15 miles of me) are reporting recorded screen temps of 25C & 26C respectively

Interesting. I do believe the 39% Humidity anyway. Here got in to the Low 40% etc. :D As you can see in the Hot Spot lists the West Midlands comes up numerous times. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Mr data - I'm sure it's Brogdale that is suspicious, Gravesend has the earthworks and fohn effect - Gravesend is very feasible to me.

I think I have to try and continue these hotspots every day of this heatwave, and then of course the coldspots during the coldwaves of winter mornings and evenings!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

As expected (except from GFS and some others), west Wales has been amongst the warmest places today, with even 22-24c recorded on the coasts. and over 25c inland.

Posted

Mr data - I'm sure it's Brogdale that is suspicious, Gravesend has the earthworks and fohn effect - Gravesend is very feasible to me.

Asked this question about Gravesend on UKweatherworld and it was Stephen Burt who question the Gravesend site

http://www.ukweather...ficial-station/

From Stephen Burt

"

Gravesend is not a rooftop site, but is located in a very sheltered high-fenced enclosure with an enormous metal aerial only a few metres from the screen. There are photographs of the site in my article in Weather, September 2004"

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

I think Gravesend is not an official station. I also recall it maybe a bit suspect.

Wonder why the Met Office use it then, that's strange?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

24.9C max, imagine this synoptic setup around wimbledon? would be painfully hot maybe around 35°C here, upto 40°C in the SE

Posted

Interesting debate above on Brogdale/ Faversham. they should not use this site I feel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

24.9C max, imagine this synoptic setup around wimbledon? would be painfully hot maybe around 35°C here, upto 40°C in the SE

I think we would need uppers nearer 20c for anything near 35c and beyond like 2003 and quite sustained. Still 15c uppers in peak summer would deliver low 30's with plenty of sun. :D

Posted

i don't know if the next few days will really be like today temperature wise but if it is we will break records in many parts of france.In the heart of Paris a very good 28.8c

impressive .The south east and west of france will have a very high anomally for this month.

Still a good 26c now as the night is here.http://www.meteo-paris.com/ile-de-france/station-meteo-paris.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

This heat and humidity is a shock to the system after a long period of cool and rather unsettled weather.

Exceptionally warm for the time of year, such a shame the days are short now as we can't get out and about and enjoy it the same had it been a few months ago.

Very nice indeed, nearly October and I'm wearing shorts! :) Still positively balmy @ 20.5c

Posted

Widespread 27/28.c tomorrow feels like the start of summer.

I wish it was!