Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sept into Oct 2011 Warm Spell Discussion..

conor123

Upcoming warm spell, highest temperature?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the highest temperature recorded?

• 24c
    • 25c
    • 26c
    • 27c
    • 28c+

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

bbc go for 29°C for London on friday 3oth, in some areas maybe warmest day of year on 30th sep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

So another question:

Would all the members here, give up a cold and snowy Winter for a continuation of this until say March next year? unknw.gif

Yes i would fool.gif , as much as i love the snow/cold, i would prefer a warm sunny year round climate...just for interest today has reached 25.4c here, can't wait for the weekenddrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Temps still holding up, 20.1c currently in a rather warm feeling SE'ly breeze.

Posted

A warm good evening to all

we could reach over 28 in Paris up till monday included. really very good. not sure about records .

in some localities in the south east of france( gard departement) since April they are not far off 150 days with over 25c not sure of records but quite impressive.Nimes is up till the 27th september at 132 days over 25c This september is helping very much to that tally ( 10 days over 30c ) The south east and south west are really getting the warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

One of the best days this year - blue skies all day and a lovely warm evening. I brought a jacket & trousers just in case for tonights beer garden sit but turned out I didn't need them. Clear skies in autumn almost always means it gets cold quick. Even in any part of summer it nearly always gets cool after dark. Not today. It was still warm enough to sit out at gone 9pm in a t-shirt... and knowing it will continue like this until gone Sunday just fuels the wonderful feeling that only decent warm sunny weather can bring. Maybe I'll skip my usual early October cold & fed up-ness this year if things carry on!

Posted

Peter Cockcroft just said we could reach 30 degrees in London on Friday...... looking at October records threatened on Saturday!

Edited by Upgrade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Peter Cockcroft just said we could reach 30 degrees in London on Friday...... looking at October records threatened on Saturday!

:D

If so then this "Summery Spell" just reached a new level. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The forecast just gone was showing a toasty 26c for Hull tomorrow. There have been whole summers that have failed to reach that.

One thing i noticed today was the long shadows late afternoon despite it still feeling very warm. Where i work i am used to the front of our building being bathed in sunlight when ever it is warm in the summer. Having it so warm but comparatively dark was quite strange.

biggrin.png

If so then this "Summery Spell" just reached a new level. biggrin.png

I really hope that some October records get smashed down south over the weekend, looks like rain and "cool" all the way up here after Friday :(

It will still be way over average temps. When we get a cold snap in three or four weeks it will provide a very lovely contrast to this bizarre warm weather and that's got to be good :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

It's still 19c in Glasgow?! Amazing.

According to the STV weather, it's to be cloudy with rain tomorrow. Just glad I sat out in the park today then.

Posted

Its 20.c here.... eurghh. I love the heat during the day but it can fob of during the night.

Posted

Reached a low of 11.c this morning, can't see that tonight as this time yesterday it was 6.c warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I'm all pessimistic but I am adamant that this hot weather is the precursor to a very cold winter, I feel it in my bones!

Posted

Milhouse it is true , going to work in the morning and returning home you can almost avoid sunshine as it is shadowed by buildings but feels as warm as summer . Exept during lunch hour where you can find your own little corner of sunshine if you are lucky :

there was no space in the local park near work and Paris cafes were full of people having a drink all that after 7 00 pm typical summer day in Paris

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

The forecast just gone was showing a toasty 26c for Hull tomorrow. There have been whole summers that have failed to reach that.

One thing i noticed today was the long shadows late afternoon despite it still feeling very warm. Where i work i am used to the front of our building being bathed in sunlight when ever it is warm in the summer. Having it so warm but comparatively dark was quite strange.

Yes same goes here. A lot of shade when normally when its hot its blazing. Such a different feel to it with the sun a blinding low angle. You get heat in spring too but the sun is always high in the sky by then. Autumn heat of this level at this time is very rare so does feel odd.

Steady at 17.5c at 11pm here. Gonna really enjoy having the bedroom window open tonight again at last!

Posted

The fact the sun sets early now and the evening has stayed so warm really has made it feel like being abroad even more, still holding at 19.5c even now!

Posted

and early october 1985 and its impressive warm spell ended with a record cold of 3,5c highest teperature on the 30th october daily record in Paris so should we get prepared ????........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Crazy warm, I don't recall any nights during the whole of the summer months when the temp was holding up @ 19.4c like it is currently, let alone 4 hours after the sun has set on a late September night!!

Sleeping with my window open tonight to catch a bit of the breeze.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

To beat the October Record Temperature, it needs to surpass 29.4C, which was the highest October temperature for a single day on 1 October, 1985. It's going to be close that's for sure, what I like about this heat - it's drier than the stuff we had in June, it's not moist and horrible. It was 34*C in June with humidity around about redicolous level.

SO October record could be beaten???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The fact the sun sets early now and the evening has stayed so warm really has made it feel like being abroad even more, still holding at 19.5c even now!

Yes its very pleasant out there still and very warm in my room. Windows open and fan on tonight. Never thought I would be doing this Late September/Early October!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

As much as I don't want to complain about hot weather considering summer was a little disappointing...I still prefer the cool weather we should be getting this time of year - at night time anyway. I'm actually scared to leave my window open to let a breeze in because there's so many beasty autumn spiders that keep crawling in from nearby fields. I then wake up so often with one right next to me on the wall.... haha :p

Still...today was lovely with not a cloud in sight and it's also interesting to see if any records are broken over the coming days. It's just a shame it's being spent in a hot office in a suit...but most people are in the same boat.

Definitely looking forward to the weekend..heading to the coast to enjoy the sun and some beers with my mates before we revert back to autumn. That is when I enjoy this sort of weather more! drunk.gif