Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective weather - 2nd-3rd November 2011

ZONE 51

Posted

I never have much confidence when it comes to storms in Bristol,Years have gone by without seeing anything,which is why i dont have much confidence today,with warnings being removed aswell puts my confidence even lower,Ah well im used to it but good luck to all you may get lucky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

NW radar looking interesting for Birmingham at the moment. Steadily moving NNEwards.

Yes, Birmingham looks to be hit by torrential rain in the near future, the worst looks to slide 10-15 miles to my east, a definite squall line looks to be developing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

deffo looks like Brum is going to get annihilated, I do hope that cell edges more easterly!!!!

Posted

How typical as usual just the odd spot of rain here with very heavy stuff west & east, for some reason this happens EVERYTIME :lol: drought goes on..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Some real heavy showers passing by here but no thunder yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Most annoying how most of the storm symbils for tomorrow have gone :(

Posted

Not happy,I just watched meteox and the rain that came through here earliar was producing sferics before it got here gave nothing here then carried on producing sferics when it got further north,Bristol storm shield did its job,Aaaahhhh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

How typical as usual just the odd spot of rain here with very heavy stuff west & east, for some reason this happens EVERYTIME :lol: drought goes on..

There's another smaller cluster or organized convective stuff just behind this first trough (to the north of Hereford) which is developing quickly and is heading due north, straight for Telford

post-4149-0-18934700-1320326997.txt

(Image reproduced from NWx Radar)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Haha annoying isn't it, if I didn't laugh I'd cry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
There's another smaller cluster or organized convective stuff just behind this first trough (to the north of Hereford) which is developing quickly and is heading due north, straight for Telford post-4149-0-18934700-1320326997.txt (Image reproduced from NWx Radar)

Might be way off the pace with this assertion, but the second cluster behinds strikes me of an outflow boundary from the storm system over Brum....if that is the case then I'd be keeping eyes out for funnels/tornadoes!!

Posted

Looking to be a bow-line going through the schematics. It could just be influential LLC with the low pressure system in the west so close to this trough, and resulting upper vectors influencing the cell..but time will tell.

Posted

I wonder if the system coming across the channel will itensify or dwindle

Posted

Now watching the second near miss downpour of the day slide a fewm iles west while we get nothing more than the odd bit of drizzle :lol:

Posted

Now watching the second near miss downpour of the day slide a fewm iles west while we get nothing more than the odd bit of drizzle :lol:

See, people think your moaning or being stupid when you get wound up when stuff like this happens.....until it happens to them and they realise just how frickin frustrating it is!

Posted

Might be way off the pace with this assertion, but the second cluster behinds strikes me of an outflow boundary from the storm system over Brum....if that is the case then I'd be keeping eyes out for funnels/tornadoes!!

Actually Harry, that makes a lot of sense, will be watching the skies with interest the next few hours

Looking to be a bow-line going through the schematics. It could just be influential LLC with the low pressure system in the west so close to this trough, and resulting upper vectors influencing the cell..but time will tell.

The last couple of radar images shows some general diminishing radar echoes, though still active on the SE flank (passing through Birmingham city centre).....Just looking to the skies to my south and it's somewhat clearer, can see well defined anvils to my east (and distantly to the south) what is noticeable is quite of lot of LLS, with scud moving quickly SE to NW whilst the mid-level clouds and steering winds are definitely west of south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Just had a very heavy shower here in the middel of birmingham but no thunder.

Posted
See, people think your moaning or being stupid when you get wound up when stuff like this happens.....until it happens to them and they realise just how frickin frustrating it is!

Yep! Here here!!

Looks to be an RAPID increase in activity across N France at the moment, heading towards London/SE...whoop!

There is so much instability and moisture around chaps I really would not feel despondent yet. I am fully expecting eruptions of activity across the highlighted areas well into the night time period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Just had a very heavy shower here in the middel of birmingham but no thunder.

Posted

I think the reason this tough (passing through the Midlands) has weakened dramatically the past 15-30 mins or so is it's moving into some relatively stable air with little convective energy to the north and east of the midlands, compared to the post trough air mass to the south and west of the trough...

Ha Ha, just noticed the trough has 'sprung' to life again as it pushes north & east of Birmingham......the weather, you just can't predict it!...lol

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

I think the reason this tough (passing through the Midlands) has weakened dramatically the past 15-30 mins or so is it's moving into some relatively stable air with little convective energy to the north and east of the midlands, compared to the post trough air mass to the south and west of the trough...

Ha Ha, just noticed the trough has 'sprung' to life again as it pushes north & east of Birmingham......the weather, you just can't predict it!...lol

Well one thing's for certain, my blood pressure aint stable, I just want a storm :p

Posted

Yep slightly cooler and cloudier conditions here all day compared to Wales where the sun has raised the temps a couple of degree's above this stubborn cloud layer to the North. The South East are closer to the warm-front aiding them with moisture and lapse rates, not to mention the flow bringing any convection quickly across the channel with little in the way of abation had this scenario occurred later on in the month.

The weather is doing more or less what it was forecasted to do, so no complaints from me even if the action is some 90 miles away to the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

The radar's showing a strike above me but I hear or see nothing Lol ..it's teasing me now. Every batch of rain that does move near here has been heading off in a West direction. How typical lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

looks to be something building to the NE of Birmingham.....lots of visible convection going on

Posted

OOOHHH, BBC website has updated London from Heavy Rain to Thunderstorm....whoooop!!!!! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Anything that is around should be at a higher level than you are flying at I think, you should be alright

Hello Coast,

I need about 2000-3000ft

Yep! Here here!!

Looks to be an RAPID increase in activity across N France at the moment, heading towards London/SE...whoop!

There is so much instability and moisture around chaps I really would not feel despondent yet. I am fully expecting eruptions of activity across the highlighted areas well into the night time period.

You only seem to be alive and well when theirs storms Mr Harry, what about snow? :D

Suns out in London where I am and the clouds are moving away to the north, Whilst a batch of clouds are staying put, I am guessing this is instability??

Certainly looks horrible, and lots of Ac where I am.