IGNORED

Convective weather - 2nd-3rd November 2011

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

just had a small rumble of thunder from a torrential shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Thunderrr oh wait no sorry I believe I just let one off haha, not really.

Yeh sorry, anyways we had some pretty heavy downpours this morning and one was with a rumble of thunder accoridng to a few of my mates but I was in college so couldn't hear it.

Currently in college waiting for it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thunderstorm here at Home today! However I did not see it as I was a little further away in North Worcestershire. Still that brings the home count to 9 for this year! :D

Posted

Now that's a better one!

Saw that flash and thunder within 2 seconds!

Are you at home or work Chiono?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Got a wee train of showers now heading overhead, just heavy rain at the minute and gusty winds.

Posted

17'c throughout a large swathe of the SE and East Anglia this afternoon being raised in conjunction with the warm front and southerly flow which is feeding that moisture needed for the system coming into w.Sussex heading north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

clearing skies to the south now (well, quite a bit of scud but clear in the 'business' part of the atmosphere) so eyes down to the radar to see what the south brings us later on, if anything...Steering winds are more or less due south, so for those in the west midlands, best to look for development on a line Dorset through Wiltshire into Gloucestershire for the next few hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

So, is that it then for us here in the southwest?

Or is there more to come later as I am confused. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

33xa4bk.png

So, its another London event then! AGAIN!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

So, is that it then for us here in the southwest?

Or is there more to come later as I am confused. :cc_confused:

Can't imagine you getting much more than a few heavy showers. Tonight, the main focus is in the East, sorry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Raining here, very very dark but no sign of anything more exciting than that (yet)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

So, its another London event then! AGAIN!!!!!!!

I feel your pain, the capital seems to get it a lot, time for government to change the capital to Birmingham, so the storm patterns follow suite, that'll do for me nicely! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Can't imagine you getting much more than a few heavy showers. Tonight, the main focus is in the East, sorry!

To be fair, based on pretty much every forecast up until now that hasn't been the case.

In terms of 'thunderstorms' the SW of England, CSW England, Wales and NI appear prime. Midlands, SE, EA and NE England appear to be (again, based on previous forecasts) under the target of a more organised area of rainfall, incorporating some locally very heavy/torrential downpours and a risk of thunder.

That was the way the forecast has been for much of the day...there are currently some cells towards the SW and more brewing off the NW coast of France.

I implore everyone to rule nothing out yet....much to play for across NI and much of C/S England into the night (IMO).

Posted

The forecasts have yet again failed big time.

Very dissapointed!!! :angry:

Better be some colouful action on Bonfire Night to make up for this. Oh, wait, it is going to be ruind by heavy rain isn't it.

Posted

Gone pretty dark inthe City and raining, nothing major yet

Posted

I implore everyone to rule nothing out yet....much to play for across NI and much of C/S England into the night (IMO).

+1 Still plenty more time to go yet!

21OWS_ATLANTIC-EUROPE_FITL_THUNDERSTORM-STANDARD_36.gif

21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TS-THREAT_SFC_24_00Z.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Latest rainfall radar run! Whatever has just gone through Shoreham is definitely Thundery, not sure about lightning. EGKA 031550Z 19013KT 5000 -SHRA FEW011 FEW018CB 15/15 Q0992 RETS

Does anyone have a European Rainfall Radar?? as it does look set to continue like this all night from the continent?

98ejk5.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Thunderstorm here at Home today! However I did not see it as I was a little further away in North Worcestershire. Still that brings the home count to 9 for this year! :D

Heard and saw in Halesowen at my parents :good:

Posted

To be fair, based on pretty much every forecast up until now that hasn't been the case.

In terms of 'thunderstorms' the SW of England, CSW England, Wales and NI appear prime. Midlands, SE, EA and NE England appear to be (again, based on previous forecasts) under the target of a more organised area of rainfall, incorporating some locally very heavy/torrential downpours and a risk of thunder.

That was the way the forecast has been for much of the day...there are currently some cells towards the SW and more brewing off the NW coast of France.

Totally agree with this post....Forecasts over the past 48 hours have suggested pulses of heavy thundery rain throughout the overnight period for central/southern & eastern england along a frontal wave whilst areas further west under the risk of more severe but more isolated weather events under the influence of an unstable rPm air mass