Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland - Cold Spell Discussion

Cookie

Posted

Hi Folks,

Been lurking for a week or so now and it's just magic to see this forum burst into activity with the recent white stuff! :clap:

Left my Sisters' house last night to walk down the hill to my home during a blizzard and it's been pretty much been constant since then :cold: Nice white covering here and currently chucking lovely big white fluffy flakes down, not managing to lie for very long on the sea shore but roads, cars and roofs managing to hold onto it. Currently 1.1 here and dropping.

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

Hi Folks,

Been lurking for a week or so now and it's just magic to see this forum burst into activity with the recent white stuff! :clap:

Left my Sisters' house last night to walk down the hill to my home during a blizzard and it's been pretty much been constant since then :cold: Nice white covering here and currently chucking lovely big white fluffy flakes down, not managing to lie for very long on the sea shore but roads, cars and roofs managing to hold onto it. Currently 1.1 here and dropping.

can u pop your location into your profile and welcome too the forum

Posted

Hi Folks,

Welcome to the Kilted Thread.

Where are you from?

can u pop your location into your profile and welcome too the forum

Hi GG, how's tricks??

It's going dark here, more snow coming very soon. Did that shower that passed here earlier hit you or did it go south? This next lot should hit you I think...let me check Google Earth.

Posted

It is absolutely chucking it down with the white stuff and it is settling :smilz38:

Posted

Hi GG, how's tricks??

It's going dark here, more snow coming very soon. Did that shower that passed here earlier hit you or did it go south? This next lot should hit you I think...let me check Google Earth.

fine thanks yeah we caught that shower currently sun is out cant see the campsies was visible earlier

Posted

All the showers that have passed over here dramtically weaken about 10 miles west of me. Whats left of one of the blobs has given me rubbish light rain and a temperature rise from 1.9c to 3.6c. :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

That wee low thingy is on the radar - definite circulation - and headed for Orkney.

Posted

That wee low thingy is on the radar - definite circulation - and headed for Orkney.

It's a really weird thing, it almost looks like it's warm-cored.

Today's GFS cooks up the low on Thursday into something potentially quite damaging:

post-2844-0-68256300-1323001388_thumb.pn

Previous runs took this further south and I suspect future runs will place the low further south again, the further south it goes the better the potential for snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just back from Glasgow having taken my daughter to see Coldplay last night. A bit of snow on the road from just North of Dumblane up to Auchterarder and a touch at the top of Cairney Brae and round from Broxden. Hills to the North of Crieff and up to the Highlands look very white. A cover on the Campsies, Ochills and even the Sidlaws too.

Clear here at 2.2C.

Just had a call from my brother who is visiting my mum up near Aberfeldy. Snow showers there this morning have given a cover of a few cms.

Edited by Norrance

Posted

Today's GFS cooks up the low on Thursday into something potentially quite damaging:

post-2844-0-68256300-1323001388_thumb.pn

Previous runs took this further south and I suspect future runs will place the low further south again, the further south it goes the better the potential for snow.

Aye CMD - the positioning of that low is significant. Lows centred east of Wick and north east of Aberdeen last year gave heavy snow over much of Scotland as fronts march south. One to watch.

Posted

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the welcomes.

I'm from the North East of Scotland on the Banffshire coast have now popped it into my location. Temperature falling steadily now 0.7 and just thinking about getting the sledge out :w00t:

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
All the showers that have passed over here dramtically weaken about 10 miles west of me. Whats left of one of the blobs has given me rubbish light rain and a temperature rise from 1.9c to 3.6c. :help:
You are definately going to get hit shortly. However your low altitude might be the problem as it's marginal. I am even affected by the heat of the Forth away up here on the hills as it's only 2.5 miles away.

Thursday could either be mesy or fantastic. I think north of Dunblane mega snow is on the cards. For us further south the difference could be as little as 30 miles depending where the front ends up!

Posted

snow back on again lets hope these showers are more beefy its just not cold enough yet. hopefully overnight temps will help and i will wake up to a nice surprise

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted

You are definately going to get hit shortly. However your low altitude might be the problem as it's marginal. I am even affected by the heat of the Forth away up here on the hills as it's only 2.5 miles away.

Thursday could either be mesy or fantastic. I think north of Dunblane mega snow is on the cards. For us further south the difference could be as little as 30 miles depending where the front ends up!

Getting really dark and temperature has fallen back down to 2.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Please let some of the snow get to Edinburgh! I live in precisely the wrong place for Scottish snow :-(

A covering this morning 8-8.40, but just ruddy sunshine since then, bah humbug!

Posted

As I speak the Ochills disappear...will it be snow or rain?

:aggressive:

Posted

Light snow shower here at the moment. Still a dusting from overnight but not too much making it over this way.

Posted
WOW! MASSIVE FLAKES OF SNOW
Wahay if you are getting it we should get it in about 15 mins!!! :clapping:

Light snow now getting very dark! :drinks: