Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted

And now back to 50/50 mix, there's not enough intensity at the moment, hopefully that pink area on the radar can beat the Telford Snow Shield :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

all this hipe ofer the last few days but it turned out so crap extreemly angry lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Pah, forget this crap, I want to see the return of an Easterly that brings -10 uppers, at least it's never borderline or 2 degrees too mild in those situations! None of this wet snow/slushy rubbish, powdery snow that settles on everything is the way forwards.

Posted

Library closing early at 4pm due to adverse weather conditions-just as it stops! About 2cm deep.

Ian Oliver

Keele Uni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Library closing early at 4pm due to adverse weather conditions-just as it stops! About 2cm deep.

Ian Oliver

Keele Uni

2cm of slushy snow causes the library to shut? What a nation of wusses we are!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

don't worry fellow wes midlanders, theres quite some heavy snow heading your way :D

no it isn't I'm afraid, nothing but rain here with a hint of sleetyness...what a let down (and I don't say that very often!)

Posted

Ian Oliver

Keele Uni

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You have got to be kidding me, adverse Weather conditions?!

Posted

no it isn't I'm afraid, nothing but rain here with a hint of sleetyness...what a let down (and I don't say that very often!)

Flippin eck, things must be bad if you're being pessimistic! This whole event was a let down from the word go, I knew the BBC forecasts shouldn't have ramped it up by showing big swathes of white across a large part of the Midlands for last night, I bet a lot of people expected to wake up to snow this morning and saw nothing but damp and drizzly.

My Mum text me last night saying "Going to snow tomorrow" because she saw the BBC forecast and I said "Not sure about that" and look what happened :doh: Most of us on here knew it wasn't looking good from the very start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Right Leicester snow shield! You listen up. You need to jolly well weaken yourself and break into pieces for @andy_leics22. You got it? I'm not having it - not having it at all. You need to think about these poor people who just really want to see some snow. And the same goes for all you other snow shields as well. :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/webcams/hanley.shtml

Seems to be a nice blanket of snow in SOT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

oh how i wish there was a smug smiley :p

posts like that make my dreaded 'finger of doom' hover over the delete button! :winky:

well, checked the conservatory roof, nope no splats there, well, apart from the usual bird poop

Posted

:o

dammit, so weard north staffs all snow, south staffs all rain!

saves me rushing my photos in.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/webcams/hanley.shtml

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

i can't bear it! Why's it raining, I was SO excited yesterday/ last night! Black as night outside but rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Posted

Wet snow just started falling here. Nothing heavy atm.

Posted

2cm of slushy snow causes the library to shut? What a nation of wusses we are!!

not slushy here, around 3cm

Posted

It's got so desperate now that i'd even take a snow shower, incredibly I'm still waiting to see the first snow of the winter and we're half way through december, Stoke has seen inches of snow, heavy precipitation and yet I haven't even seen a snow flake!!!???

I can't actually remember the last time I saw a heavy snow shower like the ones Stoke have seen today, every year I miss the actual showers as it's usually around 4am or I'm at university in leicester and we all know what Leicester is like.

CURSED.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

Rubbish indeed grrrrrrrr

Posted

Right Leicester snow shield! You listen up. You need to jolly well weaken yourself and break into pieces for @andy_leics22. You got it? I'm not having it - not having it at all. You need to think about these poor people who just really want to see some snow. And the same goes for all you other snow shields as well. :diablo:

LOL, can you tell i'm just a little bit cheesed off with the whole affair? :winky:

Come on then 12z run... Give us some cold snap to cling our hopes onto for Christmas.