Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands, East Anglia and Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Verry heavy shower after 8pm with strong wind and hale i maybe wrong but i think it had a bit of slete. That was in brum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
Posted · Hidden by A.J, January 20, 2012 - duplicated post
Hidden by A.J, January 20, 2012 - duplicated post

Verry heavy shower after 8pm with strong wind and hale i maybe wrong but i think it had a bit of slete. That was in brum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I hope the summer makes up for this snowless winter, I will be expecting to have 30 degree heat once each week, knowing our luck we will have a cold summer but warm winter, why not the other way around? PS ~ did anyone else have problems getting on the forum earlier?

Snowless Winter ?? Give it time WTS. Spring is going to be a long time coming this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

morning all, a quick glance at the model output for the past 12 hours suggest that winter might finally be on it's way, plenty of twists & turns to come mind you, but promising never the less, time to polish up those sledges, me thinks! :smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.
Posted · Hidden by A.J, January 20, 2012 - not relevant to this thread
Hidden by A.J, January 20, 2012 - not relevant to this thread

Snow Snow Snow. Live webcam of something we have not seen for sometime. http://eldgos.mila.is/austurvollur/

Posted

Find a comfy chair, pour a nice drink, sit back , relax ........ and gaze longingly at GFS 06z for the 31st Jan/1st Feb

Best snowfest charts I've seen in over a year. Shame it's fantasy, but at least it's better than nothing at all :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yep somethig for winter lovers to raise a glass to this morning. Ive been up for the 0z for about 10 days now so it was nice and deserved if I may say so myself to finally see something worth waiting for. Of corse this time tommorow we'l probably all be downbeat again as the extremely volatile charts (so far this month) change again. Enjoy it for now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep somethig for winter lovers to raise a glass to this morning. Ive been up for the 0z for about 10 days now so it was nice and deserved if I may say so myself to finally see something worth waiting for. Of corse this time tommorow we'l probably all be downbeat again as the extremely volatile charts (so far this month) change again. Enjoy it for now though.

Blimey that is commitment! If theres now anyone who must deserve something its you! :lol:

Today we had a little light rain but not the all day, washout stuff.... :D Now clear and cool.

Posted

The 12z runs are saying no, until there's something in the reliable timeframe im not getting my hopes up on anything wintry here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

The 12z runs are saying no, until there's something in the reliable timeframe im not getting my hopes up on anything wintry here.

I assume you forgot to comment on the 18z, 0z and 6z? The 12z delivers similar in the reliable timeframe- things will turn much colder throughout late jan and early feb.

Posted

I assume you forgot to comment on the 18z, 0z and 6z? The 12z delivers similar in the reliable timeframe- things will turn much colder throughout late jan and early feb.

Well weve been here before so many times, the UKMO says no aswell and the ECM 00z was hardly a snow fest so id wait a few more runs yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Blimey that is commitment! If theres now anyone who must deserve something its you! :lol:

Today we had a little light rain but not the all day, washout stuff.... :D Now clear and cool.

I knew that would happen, me heavy rain all say, and Stourbridge just light rain, good being further south, wet sunday coming up for me

at least trend for dry start to feb still on

Posted

I have to admit...I am losing patience with this winter now. I'm trying to stay optimistc...but it's getting more and more tempting to throw in the towel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I have to admit...I am losing patience with this winter now. I'm trying to stay optimistc...but it's getting more and more tempting to throw in the towel.

Keep the faith my friend, Feb is looking very good IMO for a nice bit of cold. Spring could be a long time coming :cold: :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So far today then its the 0z GFS/ECM, 6zGFS v 12ZGFS,NOGAPS,12ZECM. Good start to the day, only to be brought quickly down to earth this afternoon. We just cannot get continuity from any model at the moment and I fear, the GFS may be leading everyone up the cold path again, only for many people to become very, very dissapointed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So far today then its the 0z GFS/ECM, 6zGFS v 12ZGFS,NOGAPS,12ZECM. Good start to the day, only to be brought quickly down to earth this afternoon. We just cannot get continuity from any model at the moment and I fear, the GFS may be leading everyone up the cold path again, only for many people to become very, very dissapointed.

still good on ECMWF at least shows a settled end to Jan, fairly mild start to feb I think hopefully with high pressure, fed up to the back teeth with low pressure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Could someone with much greater knowledge than I tell me why as soon as one of these Models chucks out a scenario that doesn't show an imminent snowfest the model watchers once again start saying that after 144hrs things are looking much better? If we keep this in 144hrs game up we will soon be in July.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Could someone with much greater knowledge than I tell me why as soon as one of these Models chucks out a scenario that doesn't show an imminent snowfest the model watchers once again start saying that after 144hrs things are looking much better? If we keep this in 144hrs game up we will soon be in July.

have a look here..it might help...

http://forum.netweat...51#entry2217651

QUOTE: The models are all rubbish by the way - I heard a rumour that they're created just to keep people visiting weather forums.

Posted

I am very optimistic in nature, but today is the first time I've thought about a snowless winter!

I'm not too worried about a snowless winter now, I just hope we get a super warm and early spring, if it's rubbish then I'm afriad I shall have to write a very strongly worded letter of complaint to god!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im looking forward to spring and summer now. Usually I begin to look forward to this in Mid February but when the weather is so boring then why not look forward to the outdoor months early where the possibility of BBQ's, beer in the warm sun and general laziness with blue clear skies are possibly just a few months away. :D