Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands, East Anglia and Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Wednesday milder, becoming breezy, cloudy with occasional rain. Thursday overnight rain clearing then colder conditions following, with sunny spells. Friday windy, feeling very cold, with scattered perhaps heavy wintry showers.

Would help if the m/o said where!3-5 day outlook.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi Folks...

Coldect morning of winter here -3.8C currentlyafter -3.2, -3.4 on the two previous nights

MIA (Central Solihull)

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Hi yorkieblade, you are welcome here and you can post in which ever regional thread you like, quite a few members visit more than one regional, especially when we are busy and they get split into smaller area's. It's often a good way of seeing what;s coming your way or comparing snow depths with your neighbouring counties.

Thank you for your warm welcome

-5 at my low laying location this morning brr!!

Posted

Hey! Your in a bit of a tricky place there! There are alot of members from cheshire area in the northen thread so that could mean you go their, however they also pop in here! You're more than welcome here my friend and we will be glad to have your company, also I'm sure you can pop into the northen thread!

Thank you for your warm welcome ... I will have to be a flirt between the forums I think !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

-5 at my low laying location this morning brr!!

A sign of good things to come hopefully - another very cold night here, it's still -2.8c and the frost is so thick in places that if I squint my eyes a ickle biddy bit I could almost kid myself I have a dusting of snow :angel:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

After reading last nights Model Discussion Thread I have gone out this morning and bought a sledge, a snow shovel, and snow chains for my tyres. But I have kept the receipts just in case. This is a good weather station for anyone who wants to know what the conditions are like at our most easterly point http://www.rnsycmarina.com/weather.php

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

At the moment I dont want it to be too cold as the boilers not been working since yesterday, its SO COLD.

Always seems to happen when the weather is cold.!!

Keep warm

MIA

Posted

At the moment I dont want it to be too cold as the boilers not been working since yesterday, its SO COLD.

Oh Noooooooo, that's not good - hope you get it fixed soon :good:

This is a good weather station for anyone who wants to know what the conditions are like at our most easterly point http://www.rnsycmarina.com/weather.php

Ah, yes costa del Lowestoft - I remember that one from last year :rolleyes:

Well it's taken until now for the sun to even start and melt the frost here, it's still thick white in the shade and a chill 0.2c outside !

Posted

Thanks MK Angel, what do the latest models look like for snow from Friday onwards?

The extent of the cold/snow varies from run to run, all I can say is buckle your seat belts and get ready to ride....

post-10773-0-55736400-1326724792_thumb.j

http://www.meteociel...map=0&archive=0

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=192&mode=2

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Another good winter day, 3 frosts in a row now, triple layer, max today 0.2C, one more frosty night tonight, then sadly back to normal from tues night

looks awful friday with non stop rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another good winter day, 3 frosts in a row now, triple layer, max today 0.2C, one more frosty night tonight, then sadly back to normal from tues night

looks awful friday with non stop rain

That just isnt true im afraid. A bit of light rain looks possible but nothing heavy or prolonged. Youd think flooding was possible with that comment! :lol:

Sadly the weather looks like we shall still have no snow as the cold refuses to get close or last long enough to deliver here from this weekend but still good time for change. However Im in the middle of exams so this doesnt bother me and it can be snow galore from February onwards! Not that it probably will anyway!

Still where the frost hasnt melted in the shade here it does look like there has been a dusting of snow. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

After reading the Model Discussion tonight I'm really glad I kept hold of the receipts for my snow chains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

After reading the Model Discussion tonight I'm really glad I kept hold of the receipts for my snow chains.

and why is that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

So that I can take them back and get a refund.

why the refund?....the actual model output is encouraging for cold & the potential for snow is there, best keep them

Posted

Not been in here for a few days. I see there's just as much debate and confusion as ever. I also see that the high pressure to our south will continue to be a nuisance.

However, at least we've had some decent frosty nights in a row now rather than an odd one here and there. And it's been brilliant to see the return of the wintry crystal blue skies.

I hope we don't get stuck back in the same rut that we've been getting used to...I don't think we will on such a permanent basis though...though it's going to keep raising it's ugly head.

I've still got hope for February, I'm still not that confident about the rest of January though, but have an open mind...but I'll say what I've said lots of times this winter...

Time is STILL on our side!

Edited by Gord

Posted

you will get snow at your location at some point this winter, maybe even as early as 21st Jan, East always colder than West

Posted

you will get snow at your location at some point this winter, maybe even as early as 21st Jan, East always colder than West

The east also knows how to share! 2nd Feb 2009? Thank you Lincolnshire! :good:

Posted

The east also knows how to share! 2nd Feb 2009? Thank you Lincolnshire! :good:

did well that day, but not as well as the East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

this is the coldest night so far.

I live on the canal, and the ice hasn't formed across until at least midnight on previous evenings, tonight, it was across by 5.30pm.

There have been plenty of boat movements all week, and the ice sheets are starting to top each other in areas of permanent shade...creating deeper ice levels.

I went to Castle Donington an hour ago, and it was -3 in the valley.

Edited by matty40s

Posted

I laughed so hard at that! :D

Deleting your post will make me laugh even harder, but I'm in a good mood, so I'll let it pass....