Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands, East Anglia and Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

lol, scrapped your van?

post-10773-0-56953700-1326393902_thumb.j

scrapped or scraped it's not looking very happy :winky:

We are really sad in Bedford as we can now watch our gritting lorries go around the roads

Now that is sad !! :p

Posted

Im not sure where their getting this from, but the Watford Observer is warning of Ice, Snow and Sleet for the next few weeks, where are they getting this from.

Maybe they were right after all from what I've been reading on here, what are the latest models looking like, good for a chance of snow in the next week or two?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

my husband and i are currently having the 'is that sleet' ?conversation, look theres a little floaty bit! ,you see that etc etc lol, but i think its fog forming in front of the light?lmao :80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

For once I hope the snowy charts on some models dont come off. I have exams coming up till early February and this is the last thing I need. It can snow as much as it likes after but for now I hope it gets pushed back at least.

Saying that, exams in January are a stupid idea. Right in the middle of Winter when all sorts can happen. Totally unfair when exams run anyway despite how much snow falls and people really struggle to get to the exams. Unnecessary stress.

:lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Vacancy Available. Job title.Splitter

Hours..Flexible.

Pay T.B.A (Commision based with a big Bonus)

Start Time.Now.

Description

The successful candidate will need to be fit,Very flexible but most of all Reliable and not scared of height's. The position is based abroad so must be willing to travel. This demanding roll is to serve the national community in achieving a decent yearly WINTER, For which you will be rewarded with praise and self -satisfaction along with complete stature in the current society. Full equipment and verbal training given. The equipment includes full artic clothing,Hand glyder and Dynamite from which you will drop above the BLOODY PV to get it splitting and moving in the correct direction alot soddin quicker.

SL

I would like to apply for this job please. :D And this some proof, as to why I would like to take out that mosterous Polar Vortex! (as well as anger towards the GFS) ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Y_esYCE7I

Edit: Included speech from the video on here (to make it easier to understnad the robotic voice). "We must do what we can to not allow the GFS model to come off. That output must be put into the bin, and never darken our weather again, he he he he he he he hee! And furthermore, we won't allow the Polar Vortex to get in the way of the cold snowy weather. We won't let it - we'll see some snow next week even if it kills me. We must knock out that Polar Vortex... Immediately!! Mwha ha ha ha haa..."

Wonder if the GFS 18Z, however, will start falling in line with the ECMWF 12Z? :)

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

morning every1. The only model sticking to it's gun is the ecm whith a bit of backing from the ukmo. Today is another day lets c where we go today.

Posted

Today is another day lets c where we go today.

It's also.....

post-10773-0-29009100-1326439056_thumb.j

...so I won't be gong anywhere without my lucky rabbit's foot in one pocket and a four leaf clover in the other :ph34r:

Posted

Well this is something we haven't seen for a while a Met O Cold Weather Alert ....surely it's got to be a good sign :good:

Current alert level: Level 2 - Alert and Readiness in one or more regions of England

Issued at: Friday 13 January 2012 at 09:45

There is an 80% probability of severe cold weather between 0000 on Saturday and 0900 on Tuesday in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services. Please refer to the national Cold Weather Plan and your Trust's emergency plan for appropriate preventive action.

A marked temperature change into the weekend as high pressure brings settled but cold conditions. The cold and settled weather looks set to continue into the beginning of next week.

http://www.metoffice...ldweatheralert/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Too much flip flopping going on at the moment. More of a halfway house situation coming from the 12z GFS and the UKMO, wouldnt surprise me, infact im fully expectant of a backtrack on the 12zECM tonight. Hopefully im wrong though.

Posted

Good grief, these models are giving me a headache. :fool: I really feel like I've had my fill for the moment. I've been watching closely for weeks...since before Christmas anyway. Think i'm going to have a little break and come back in 5 days. See if there is anything more concrete.

Have a good weekend folks.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It's also.....

post-10773-0-29009100-1326439056_thumb.j

...so I won't be gong anywhere without my lucky rabbit's foot in one pocket and a four leaf clover in the other :ph34r:

didn't realise it was friday the 13th...........got up this morning, got electrocuted by the kettle, went out to work, didn't make much money, then caused a 10 car pile up on the M6 when I was abducted by aliens, then when I got home I walked around a ladder, got run over by a bus and then got attacked by a black cat.....just thought it was another ordinary day!....lol

Posted

didn't realise it was friday the 13th...........got up this morning, got electrocuted by the kettle, went out to work, didn't make much money, then caused a 10 car pile up on the M6 when I was abducted by aliens, then when I got home I walked around a ladder, got run over by a bus and then got attacked by a black cat.....just thought it was another ordinary day!....lol

you were lucky then...you didn't die in your sleep, you survived electrocution, you have a job, were not injured in an RTA, the aliens didn't probe you...I'm assuming that as you managed to walk round the ladder which didn't fall on you, you even have buses where you live and the cat didn't get run over by one of those buses....I would day that was a pretty good day !....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Man, the model discussion thread is doing my head in. What do people want ???????

Downgrade this, Cold outlier, cold always in FI ????? Looks at the models now and

compare them to two weeks ago. Look out the window , the cold is already here.

Rant over :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

My temp -2.5C, cold here although no snow potential, but could be classed as our 2nd cold spell of season 13th-16th Jan, mild air arriving tuesday night though booooooooooooooooooo

first one Dec16-18, sleet/wet snow

Posted

only temp mild spell i think/hope

Posted

Finally winter has arrived here tonight, the first proper frost actually of the winter so far tonight!! currently -3.1c and clear skies.

Posted

so many diffrent takes on the models.

A very confusing place!

Posted

Morning all,

Coldest night of the winter so far here, it was -5.2 °C when I got up this morning with a very thick frost - I've been out for a nice long walk, but it's taken a hot shower and mug of coffee to warm me up again. It's -3.2 °C now with beautiful clear blue sky and sunshine, no fog here but there was a misty haze over the lake where I guess the water temperature was higher than the air.

This is what winter is all about folks, enjoy it while it lasts :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Beautiful morning in south birmingham, someone on my twitter feed has reported light snow in bourneville. I think that with regards to snow as a wise person on here once said 'once the cold comes in it's all to play for' We've got a cold few days on the cards, so who knows.

Posted

someone on my twitter feed has reported light snow in bourneville.

Mmmm, I think they might have been looking at their frost through snow goggles :winky: but you never know with temperatures as low as this anything is possible !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Mmmm, I think they might have been looking at their frost through snow goggles :winky: but you never know with temperatures as low as this anything is possible !

Maybe LOL!! Still, it's a nice thought :)