Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands, East Anglia and Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I'm guessing things are going to start getting a little more busy and exciting in here over the next ten days...... :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Seems like the GFS charts are becoming keen again to provide us with some polar bear weather in Fantasy Island. :) Just a question now of whether this potential Easterly/North Easterly setup can crawl into the reliable timeframe, and whether the ECMWF, UKMO, GEM and JMA models start following GFS's outcome.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Winter really beginning to bite here with a grass min' of -0.2c last night, the 4th ground frost of the month would you believe.

Once we get that elusive first air frost of the month I may e-mail the Express to suggest a 'Britain Gripped by Siberian Blast' type headline.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Winter really beginning to bite here with a grass min' of -0.2c last night, the 4th ground frost of the month would you believe.

Once we get that elusive first air frost of the month I may e-mail the Express to suggest a 'Britain Gripped by Siberian Blast' type headline.

just send em a few of the FI (fantasy Island) models projections, that should get them going.. go on dare you

expect to see Snowmageddon headlines soon (-:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

A million Pounds

A new sports car

Liverpool to win the league

A month in the canaries

Strictly come dancing removed of our screens

Holly Willoughby

No, I dont ask for any of these things. Just a good decent cold spell with a bit of snow so my lad can

try out he's new sledge. :unknw:

Edit: on reflection maybe Holly Willoughby aswell :acute:

Edited by shotski

Posted

A trick I have been using to get me though the boringeness is not to think of snow, think it's all ready been and won't come till next winter... and when there is a snow possibility not to look at it till maybe a couple of days before. Then I cant be disapointed :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Transfer the

A trick I have been using to get me though the boringeness is not to think of snow, think it's all ready been and won't come till next winter... and when there is a snow possibility not to look at it till maybe a couple of days before. Then I cant be disapointed :)

delete the word 'snow' and insert the word 'sex' in your post and you've probably illustrated the lives of the average marriage couple in the UK.... :w00t:

ok, ok, I'll behave from now on!.....the weather, ah yes, the weather....well, I think the model outputs are quite encouraging for lovers of cold & the white stuff although reading the insanity that is the Model Output Discussion thread you wouldn't believe it! The mood in there goes up & down mores times than a tarts knickers!....but I think the subtle trends are there for a gradual evolution to colder, potentially snowy weather over the next 2-3 weeks, again a question of patience and watching this space... :)

Posted

A terrible chart below, Strong polar vortex and a bartlett high setting up. No hope for cold :cray:

post-9329-0-34306500-1326229314_thumb.pn

Posted

A terrible chart below, Strong polar vortex and a bartlett high setting up. No hope for cold :cray:

You made me look twice...was about to rant about that chart and how we're going to be stuck in this awful rut forever...and then I looked more carefully at that chart.

Nicely played sir!

Posted

Looking forward to something a little more seasonal by Friday, hoping for some sharp frosts and fog..

Sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while, I was away, then was quite ill last week too and only now do I really feel 'normal'! I look forward to posting more again! :)

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Looking forward to something a little more seasonal by Friday, hoping for some sharp frosts and fog..

Sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while, I was away, then was quite ill last week too and only now do I really feel 'normal'! I look forward to posting more again! :)

post-10773-0-66769700-1326235746_thumb.j

:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

I am trying so hard not to get excited :rofl:

Posted

Is it snowing yet?? tease.gif xxx

Not yet, No - but it's going to get colder !

I am trying so hard not to get excited :rofl:

Well I get quite excited when I wake up to a lovely thick white covering of............frost !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well, the current model outputs are continuing to be consistent in their inconsistencies!....My personal opinion for folks who are trying to learn and read the outputs is to not get too drawn in reading consecutive runs ie comparing the 06z run with the 12z run, rather compare like for like runs, ie yesterdays 12z run with todays 12z...I know there are members who disagree with this approach but I really believe that this is the best way of spotting trends in the model output and possible pattern changes in the short.mid term....Also for those who want to dig a bit deeper into the outputs then I recommend comparing the like for like ensembles (the ensembles are a set of possible model output evolutions based on one specific model run) I personally use meteociel for this...The home page is in french, but can easily be translated into english by using tools such as google translate......the link for the meteociel site is http://www.meteociel.fr/ :)

Posted

Not yet, No - but it's going to get colder !

Well I get quite excited when I wake up to a lovely thick white covering of............frost !

I think I would settle for some frost at the moment!! Was almost spring like here today! xxx

Posted

Hi all, What are my chances of frost 2nite ? I am getting realy excited about having a total white out in the morning :yahoo: :yahoo:

What are the chances of a Thames frost streamer kicking in or even some thunder frost :clap: :clap:

I will post some photos 2morow of frost on my van, before and after I have scraped it off :cold::shok:

Edited by shotski

Posted

Evening all,

Spectacular sunset here tonight so hopefully it's a good sign of things to come

:good:

Just to let you all know the chat room is open again so please pop in to say hello in there

:gathering:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Hi all, What are my chances of frost 2nite ? I am getting realy excited about having a total white out in the morning :yahoo: :yahoo:

What are the chances of a Thames frost streamer kicking in or even some thunder frost :clap: :clap:

I will post some photos 2morow of frost on my van, before and after I have scrapped it off :cold::shok:

lol, scrapped your van?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Vacancy Available. Job title.Splitter

Hours..Flexible.

Pay T.B.A (Commision based with a big Bonus)

Start Time.Now.

Description

The successful candidate will need to be fit,Very flexible but most of all Reliable and not scared of height's. The position is based abroad so must be willing to travel. This demanding roll is to serve the national community in achieving a decent yearly WINTER, For which you will be rewarded with praise and self -satisfaction along with complete stature in the current society. Full equipment and verbal training given. The equipment includes full artic clothing,Hand glyder and Dynamite from which you will drop above the BLOODY PV to get it splitting and moving in the correct direction alot soddin quicker.

SL