Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands, East Anglia and Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The wind is decreasing but it's still pretty breezy out there. Highest gust this evening has been 51 mph at 2016 but gusts are now down to the high 30s.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

No major storm damage reported in MK yesterday except for this....

Tree blown across road ....

post-10773-0-92701400-1325852985_thumb.j

and some very good advice here...

http://www.miltonkey...lands_1_3391660

High-sided vehicles are most affected by windy weather, but strong gusts can also blow a car, cyclist, motorcyclist or horse rider off course. This can happen on open stretches of road exposed to strong crosswinds, or when passing bridges or gaps in hedges.

In very windy weather your vehicle may be affected by turbulence created by large vehicles. Motorcyclists are particularly affected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

I got a little disparing (desperate) just now so trecked off into lala land and found hope in FI (fantasy Island) I daren't put this pretty pic in the model thread

Eye Candy for 11days away - 17th Jan

I'm hoping it comes later as it's my Birthday on the 19th and I seem remember it used to snow around then.... all those long lost years ago 8)

what-ever..

(-:

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I Think we can do better than that come the 17th of jan, I think this weekend is going to throw up some

very decent eye candy on the models. I dont think the chart you show would bring anything but cold rain to

my regian.

post-9329-0-32176600-1325874993_thumb.pn

post-9329-0-24685100-1325875006_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

I Think we can do better than that come the 17th of jan, I think this weekend is going to throw up some

very decent eye candy on the models. I dont think the chart you show would bring anything but cold rain to

my regian.

well I didn't want to get too excited (-;

those charts do look like the right colour tho - looking forward to seeing things progress (model wise) toward a wintery theme in the next few days for sure - the plants in our garden think it's spring right now

Posted

it's my Birthday on the 19th

Well I hope you have a lovely day and get something nice even if it isn't snow :angel:

I Think we can do better than that come the 17th of jan,

It would be great to think so - but I'm not getting my hopes up too much at this stage to have them dashed down again :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Well I hope you have a lovely day and get something nice even if it isn't snow :angel:

It would be great to think so - but I'm not getting my hopes up too much at this stage to have them dashed down again :unsure:

Looking better already :rofl:ECM comes out with a belter for your Birthday

Edit: Pixels Birthday :good:

Edited by shotski

Posted

Looking better already :rofl:ECM comes out with a belter for your Birthday

Edit: Pixels Birthday :good:

LOL - not much chance of getting snow on my birthday unless I go to Antarctica - but I'd be happy with a thunder storm :good:

Posted

Well, thats the first day of mild nothingness chalked off. Really hate this weather at this time of year.

I think I'm going to start to give up on January as far as any cold goes unless something more solid appears in the models over the weekend. However, I am certainly not giving up on this winter...still everything to play for! Even if January sees no cold, we still have lots of time left...at least 2 whole months, and we get a 29th February this year! (stupid comment I know...like the extra day makes a difference!)

However, going back to a stormy regieme would be a consolation prize for now. A few more sharp cold fronts wouldn't go amiss while the wait for cold continues!

Anyway, thats my little input of positivity tonight. And if it's crumbs of comfort you're looking for, many parts of the USA are still awaiting meaningful cold as well...as are many parts of Europe. It doesn't just feel unlucky to be a Midlander this time.

Look forward to seeing developments over the weekend and see where we're heading next...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

liking the models thread at the moment ! :)It will prob change but liking the 10 day outlook for my area,a load of milder days ahead have turned slightly cooler,its getting there slowly i think.

Edited by Samantha Jane Lindsey

Posted

liking the models thread at the moment ! :)It will prob change but liking the 10 day outlook for my area,a load of milder days ahead have turned slightly cooler,its getting there slowly i think.

Hopefully....but in the meantime it's a really nice settled day here - prefect for clearing up the debris in the garden and fixing broken fences :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I still really don't see where the changes for cold and snowy Weather will come from. I see no signs of a change in pattern emerging until the start of Feb at least. I just hope February makes up for all the mild tosh and we have weeks of wintry Weather and Winter will go out with a bang.

I know i'm annoying people with my consistent moaning but most of us on this thread haven't seen lying snow for a year :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Today is 1 year since our last snow cover! And so the bore fest begins. How can any weather enthusiast like this? Cloudy, not especially mild nor especially cold, just plain boringness. Oh well. Im also thinking it will be February befire anything gets going now but even this isnt with high confidence. I would Lol if it did not snow for the rest of the winter just for how boring our weather has become overall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im not sure where their getting this from, but the Watford Observer is warning of Ice, Snow and Sleet for the next few weeks, where are they getting this from.

No where I think! NOTHING suggests any wintry weather soon. :(

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Also our local BBC Wales forecaster keeps harping on about cold weather on the way from mid January. Can't se it myself.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

snow is ok but getrs boring after the first couple of days, its just white cold, and a pain in Bum lol, roll on spring...

Edited by Sprites

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Not sure why nobody else is not mentioning the risk of fog as the week progresses apart from Matt Hugo, after this awful mild breezy winter this is something different to look forward to.

Yes as stated by the Met Office update earlyer this morning.

Posted

Not sure why nobody else is not mentioning the risk of fog as the week progresses apart from Matt Hugo, after this awful mild breezy winter this is something different to look forward to.

I'm not really sure I can say I would look forward to fog but if it's a sign of the air beginning to cool I suppose it's good, there is plenty of soggy land with water to evaporate from round here - I had quite a muddy walk this morning...give me a cold day with a hard frost any time in the winter rather than mild damp mush !

Posted

My take on the coming weeks weather specific to where I now live and where I was born and bred!

Weather guide Sunday 8th to Saturday 14th January (west Wales and central Midlands)

Headline: Mostly dry and mild with light winds, however sunshine at a premium.

It has now rained at some point on every day since November 19th here in Llanwnnen, that's a 48 day run, with a grand total of 300mm in this period, so this mostly dry week should be welcomed by most people. We continue to escape Winter, with very few frosts so far let alone snow.

A large high sits close to southern UK all week. Mainly dry and mild, as winds come over the top of high from the west or SW. The proximity of strong high pressure means a stark contrast to recent weeks in that winds will be generally light, and with very little in the way of rain.

With the air coming off the sea, west Wales could well experience a lot of cloud and some drizzle at times, especially early in the week, with more chance of sunny intervals perhaps later in the week. The Midlands has a better chance of sunny spells on some days, with others staying cloudy though. Temperatures on the mild side pretty much the whole week, maxima mostly between 7 and 11c. Little in the way of frost again, however it would only take skies to clear on any particular night for a frost to readily form given it's mid Winter and very little breeze; for most nights though probably too much cloud, with only only one or two frosts likely this coming week, and only slight ones at that, not falling much below zero if at all. Fog would also be a possibility some nights should clear skies prevail long enough, but again fog not likely to be a major feature this week either.

Both main models move the high away right at the end of the week with rain moving in during Saturday, but a generally dry week in the meantime.

Supportive charts are here in the Wales thread:

http://forum.netweat...63#entry2206163

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Its the only run I have looked at recently, and will probably go by the next run, but the GFS 6z shows some cold coming from the NW in FL, only sign of any cold that I can see at the minute, though havent looked at the other models, I think the chance of cold in the last week of Jan is there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

can you elaborate on what you mean, are the models showing something now?and this would be february?

if the 12z ECM where to verify and i mean IF a very cold and potent easterly would occur in about 11 days time

C.S