Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands, East Anglia and Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

On almost every run that Siberian high is getting closer and closer, is it going to smash our back doors in :spiteful:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Cool zonality is useless for us in the west/south midlands for us wanting decent moderate to severe air frosts, the recent very cold spell was a million times better than that early december one, temps are near average in cool zonality here even slightly above at night because of too much breeze, i recorded -5C earlier in the week with some wonderful hoar frost scenes lasting all day with temps just above 0C and below in the countryside, it was a very good cold spell that went mostly unnoticed by the model discussion looking for phantom easterly crew. :D

Eugene where have you been mate, never see u on the model thread anymore or yamkin for that matter?

Posted

That northwesterly in December was useless for us in the end...but we were so close to getting snow falling and settling.

I would have a another crack at a north westerly given the chance right now. As Blizzards mentioned, our chances would be a bit better then they were in December.

We may not need an easterly to get something decent.

The frost we had over the weekend and up to last night was the best spell of the winter so far. Thats not a difficult thing to achieve mind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
Posted · Hidden by shotski, January 19, 2012 - The Shame
Hidden by shotski, January 19, 2012 - The Shame

Expect major upgrades to the models in the next couple of days, starting with tomorrow mornings ECM.

A real battle ground set up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Expect major upgrades to the models in the next couple of days, starting with tomorrow mornings ECM. A real battle ground set up.

post-10773-0-22464000-1326922944_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Just finished work and I thought it was mild as I walked to my car, would you adam and eve it, 10.5c on the car temperature gauge at 9.15pm on the 18th January.

Posted

Things looking a bit better in the Model thread, I see the word cold a lot so it must be good! But I wonder if the models will change again andit all goes pear shaped, with a mild outcome.

Edited by WheresTheSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This mornings runs are poor. More boring weather. Nothing cold or particularly mild. Just the usual stuck in the middle. I do think the rest of January is now out for a cold spell really. Time is beginning to run out for a proper winter spell before a rapidly strengthening sun into March however of course snow is possible well into April.

Posted

Things looking a bit better in the Model thread.......

This mornings runs are poor.......

post-10773-0-65933600-1326959723_thumb.j

:lol:

Posted

If you ever suffer with "snow withdrawal" during this mild winter you can always get your snow fix by watching this live webcam http://eldgos.mila.is/thingvellir/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It WILL snow next Thursday and I'll tell you for why (!)...

We're moving house. It is therefore destined to snow - and snow hard - rendering it nigh on impossible for my lovely husband and myself to attempt to load all the furniture and boxes of junk that 2 adults and 4 children have accumulated over the years into a hired van that was very cheap and we have not seen so is probably 30 years old. We live in a small cul de sac, in a small village that never sees a gritting lorry.

We've had a very stressful couple of weeks after our mortgage offer turned out to have been offered on the wrong house (don't ask!) and should have moved weeks ago but are exchanging contracts tomorrow and moving next Thursday.

So it is BOUND to snow.

You have been warned.

Posted

..... you can always get your snow fix by watching this live webcam

No ta, I'd rather take my chances and hold out for some snow of my own...if the 06Z came good there would be plenty !

http://cdn.nwstatic....ctypeuktopo.png

Posted

No ta, I'd rather take my chances and hold out for some snow of my own...if the 06Z came good there would be plenty !

http://cdn.nwstatic....ctypeuktopo.png

Are you still sure about that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'll allow this post RI, to give MKSA a chance to reply, but I have suspicions that you're on a baiting mission, so will be watching :)

Posted

Oh dear!

What a terrible winter were're having again and no region suffers more than the Midlands when it comes to snowlessness.

Beggers belief when hot countries like Greece and Spain constantly have much better winters than this one even though we are a 1000 miles north with nothing between the top of our island and the north pole!

I know it just 'luck' that we are geographically located in the mildest spot for our latitude on Earth, but the lack of snow over the last decade has become really really remarkable!

Well, I suppose there are some good points in regards to not spending too much money on heating or not losing half of the garden to frost (funnily enough, our region suffered a lot more damage to the frosts last winter due mainly to the lack of protective snow cover).

I only hope that February brings even a couple of snowfalls, the only other choice is to move to a colder part of the world like Athens or Madrid :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

To be honest, id be happy to see snow that settles before turning to rain from the Atlantic right now. It's just an immense feeling when heavy snow is falling from the sky. Sadly its so rare in the UK and certainly in the Midlands. I have to admit, my patience is now reaching an all-time thin, not only with mild weather but with the stupid in-consistencies from the output at the moment. If its going to be mild, stay with mild -dont fuel the fire with the odd cold run. If the situation does not look 1million% better come the last day of the month, im going to declare the winter of 2011/2012 as a right off. Pre-mature perhaps but im not sure I can take much more model watching.

Posted

To be honest, id be happy to see snow that settles before turning to rain from the Atlantic right now. It's just an immense feeling when heavy snow is falling from the sky. Sadly its so rare in the UK and certainly in the Midlands. I have to admit, my patience is now reaching an all-time thin, not only with mild weather but with the stupid in-consistencies from the output at the moment. If its going to be mild, stay with mild -dont fuel the fire with the odd cold run. If the situation does not look 1million% better come the last day of the month, im going to declare the winter of 2011/2012 as a right off. Pre-mature perhaps but im not sure I can take much more model watching.

Been two winters on the trott where we've had the promise but never the rewards, does start to wear you down, other regions simply do not understand!

They keep going on and on and on about how amazing last winter was never thinking that there were some of us that sat and watched over 8 snow events NOT happen!

The only time we got snow here last winter was an accident, it just happened over the top of us....what a glorious half inch that was! :D

Ice Rain squall just past through here in North Stoke!

Yeah I've been watching that.....bet it dies before it get here :p

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Benn two witers on the trott where we've had the promise but never the rewards, does start to wear you down, other regions simply do not understand!

They keep going on and on and on about how amazing last winter was never thinking that there were some of us that sat and watched over 8 snow events NOT happen!

The only time we got snow here last winter was an accident, it just happened over the top of us....what a glorious half inch that was! :D

Strewth, where did that come from...calm one minute, now blowing a hooly & lashing it down outside now!

Posted

No...not really but I have an emergency back up plan........

post-10773-0-00663400-1326994843_thumb.j

Posted

Keep the faith Brother!..........

post-4149-0-60824000-1326995327.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

That just isnt true im afraid. A bit of light rain looks possible but nothing heavy or prolonged. Youd think flooding was possible with that comment! :lol:

Sadly the weather looks like we shall still have no snow as the cold refuses to get close or last long enough to deliver here from this weekend but still good time for change. However Im in the middle of exams so this doesnt bother me and it can be snow galore from February onwards! Not that it probably will anyway!

Still where the frost hasnt melted in the shade here it does look like there has been a dusting of snow. :D

Still disagree with the first paragraph, have done all week, looks like non stop rain for my location, you may be dry as usual, but I will be wet

Posted

Been two winters on the trott where we've had the promise but never the rewards, does start to wear you down, other regions simply do not understand!

Guess what...........it died out before it got here......story of my life! Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

I hope the summer makes up for this snowless winter, I will be expecting to have 30 degree heat once each week, knowing our luck we will have a cold summer but warm winter, why not the other way around? PS ~ did anyone else have problems getting on the forum earlier?