Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands, East Anglia and Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just look at the radar now! Its murdering that rain over Wales coming to here. Not one bit is surviving. Seriously the Midlands is so dry compared to most places.

would never happen in the day, can guarantee rain then! but yeah noticedon raintoday the welsh mountains are shredding it,

1st 15 days of Jan will be crap again, with the chance maybe of wet snow like last fri-sun, models flirting with NW winds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I hope the snow bunny visits us next year.

I hope we don't have to wait until Easter for snow !!

post-10773-0-32560600-1324764335_thumb.j

Merry Christmas to all in 3C & EA and thanks everyone for all your reports and information.... please keep posting !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Merry Christmas fellow Midlanders.

May your Christmas be bright, if it can't be white!

Fizz :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Hope u all having a good christmas i hope newyear gives us new hope for snow here in the midlands. Newyear and i hope a new weather patern. Happy christmas and a happy newyear to all my fello midlanders and every1 at net weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Merry Christmas weather lovers! At least the sun has finally peeped through the clouds here. Hoping for lots of interesting weather in 2012. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Would like to wish all Midlands NW members a very merry Christmas, and the Happiest of new years :smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A Merry Christmas to all you Midlanders. Not been too easy for us though as weve had a power cut which also knocked out the TV and Internet afterwards but all is now working! Turkey has not long gone in the oven mind. :lol:

Nice to see a happy thread here compared to some of the scrooges in the Model thread. :lol: I think theres a lot more important stuff on today then to to sit and watch the models today. Ive only popped in to wish a Merry Christmas and right now I couldnt care less what the weather outlook is. Most minor in perspective of today but sadly the usual few in the Model thread seem to be there to put a miserable face on everyone. Sad really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

5...... 4...... 3...... 2..... 1...... Happy Christmas to all! :D I hope you have all been having a good day.

@Blizzards: Glad the power got going again. I think Santa must have accidentally tripped over a major electricity wire as he was delivering gifts to all the houses! ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Merry xmas to all. Changes are coming and im sure this thread will be posting away.

:smiliz19: SL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

5...... 4...... 3...... 2..... 1...... Happy Christmas to all! :D I hope you have all been having a good day.

@Blizzards: Glad the power got going again. I think Santa must have accidentally tripped over a major electricity wire as he was delivering gifts to all the houses! ;-)

He was running pretty late then as it happened around 11am :lol: Too drunk so his sense of direction is all over the place. :lol:

Posted

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas to all.

Despite the mild weather, we managed to feel seasonal by walking up to the top of Clent Hills with the dogs this afternoon. The wind was very strong and cold up there! Fantastic Christmas day walk! A good blustery wind is the weather that reminds me of Christmas' from my childhood, last year was fairly alien to me to be honest!

I recommend a good Boxing Day stroll on one of the West Midlands peaks...that'll remind you of the time of year! I myself will be found on Lickey tomorrow!

Posted

A Merry Christmas to all you Midlanders. Not been too easy for us though as weve had a power cut which also knocked out the TV and Internet afterwards but all is now working! Turkey has not long gone in the oven mind. :lol:

Nice to see a happy thread here compared to some of the scrooges in the Model thread. :lol: I think theres a lot more important stuff on today then to to sit and watch the models today. Ive only popped in to wish a Merry Christmas and right now I couldnt care less what the weather outlook is. Most minor in perspective of today but sadly the usual few in the Model thread seem to be there to put a miserable face on everyone. Sad really.

merry xmas you and all, thing is with model thread now, is so much straw clutching at deep FI charts, like arctic highs etc at T300, its still autumn and everyone knows it, but I still hope winter will arrive before December

Posted

merry xmas you and all, thing is with model thread now, is so much straw clutching at deep FI charts, like arctic highs etc at T300, its still autumn and everyone knows it, but I still hope winter will arrive before December

Was this supposed to be posted in November? :lol: Its winter however you look at it now. Might not feel like it but we really have had just typical Winter weather so far. Could be a bit more exciting though I will agree but tentative signs of at least some change around Mid to late Jan. :)

Posted

Insanely tropical night for the time of year with a low of 11.8c! currently a super mild 13c and the winds eased off after being very gusty earlier on.

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Warmest ever Christmas Day I have experianced - 15 Deg , warm weird winds ...all very strange - Global warming?

Posted

another average autumn day, 13.0C max, again, straw clutching in model thread, 300 hours out only odd ensembles going for cold, this autumn looks like staying

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

another average autumn day, 13.0C max, again, straw clutching in model thread, 300 hours out only odd ensembles going for cold, this autumn looks like staying

I don't think we'll even have a Winter this year :lol: Oh well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

I have to laugh at some people's thoughts... it's not even January yet, and if you looked deep inside the ECM and even GFS at times the vortex does look likely to split and split bad. I have a feeling, all these 'gut feelings' are very much for attention. It's not even January yet, and people need to realise that this is a typical british winter...

Stay positive, there is no need for negative one-liners with no reasons as to why... they just provoke reactions and arguments. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Let's cut out the melodramatic negative posts please!

Posted

Just remember that before alot of the most epic winter spell have been preceided by a balmy warm period, nature knows when it's out of kilter and resets itself to normal.

Posted

I think the ecmwf model will give wet snow opportunities during 0pening 6 days of Jan, similar to 16-18th Dec, but GFS still awful IB style

if I lived in Scotland (or next door to ISAAC) think it would be exciting times

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The NW LRF has been updated, it has been accurate so far this winter and still points to a colder second half:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=longrange;sess=

We've still got two thirds of winter left, so let's not fall into the pits of despair and ridiculous "roll on summer" posts!

Posted

We've still got two thirds of winter left, so let's not fall into the pits of despair and ridiculous "roll on summer" posts!

Well said, Nick.

So much negativity on this forum at the moment. Patience is needed, i'm sure come late Jan into Feb, peoples moods will be alot better.