Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

i can comfirm light snow also , the rafar seems to be developing something? Is it possible maybe?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Looks like the Netweather 10 day forecast for here was right all along when it predicted just under 1mm of precipitation to fall here. Currently some very, very light wet snow falling outside. Seriously totally unexpected. :-O :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

I haven't seen anything here, just went out to check and it doesn't look like anything has fallen. If it did i missed it because i didn't think it would lol. Sods law, couldn't see anything anyway, it's so dark where i live, not many lamp posts x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

No snow here overnight...hoping we may get a shower this week from the East :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

A light dusting overnight on the Malverns. Awoke to pretty white outlines on branches. Temp was -0.3oC when I looked at around 6.30 am, it's since fallen slightly to -0.5oC now. No falling snow at the moment, just misty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Fellow snow starved Midlanders... I think we may be in with a chance of seeing a bit of snow this evening/overnight.

UKMO currently has a feature moving in from the East bringing some snow showers with it.

UW18-594.GIF?30-06

UW24-594.GIF?30-06

Admittedly it doesn't look like much but it could give a few cm's to the East Midlands and a dusting to parts of the West Midlands like Staffs, Birmingham, Warwickshire etc. It will be hit and miss though because it'll be in the form of showers and not an organised band.

Posted

Andy leics i think if you are reffering to that light blue shading thats just low cloud.

It's not dude, it's light-moderate precip.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

It's not dude, it's light-moderate precip.

Keep us posted andy, and if you do get some don't forget to share!

:)

Posted

Keep us posted andy, and if you do get some don't forget to share!

:)

I will do fizzy chops :)

This is what i'm keeping my eye on, on the radar there is some PPN building around The Wash and it's that area of PPN that I expect to make it's way inland during the afternoon and evening. How far it makes it before dying out.. I'm unsure, just a case of radar watching really.

Got the ol crayons out and circled it :w00t:

post-2115-0-21757900-1327919250_thumb.jp

Posted

Hey Andy , Just looking at the radar in the North Sea , the Snow machine has started already and it is building and moving West, I have a feeling Leicester is going to have a cracking week all in all. Big upgrades from the 6z with the Deep Cold uppers coming in .

Will have to pay a visit at the end of the week I think ...

Chris

Posted

Hey Andy , Just looking at the radar in the North Sea , the Snow machine has started already and it is building and moving West, I have a feeling Leicester is going to have a cracking week all in all. Big upgrades from the 6z with the Deep Cold uppers coming in .

Will have to pay a visit at the end of the week I think ...

Chris

Hows it going down in Western mate? I agree with you, see the models rarely predict convective showers in Easterlys that well. They tend to upgrade the ppn activity about 12-24 hours before the event, not that i'm complaining about that! I also think they under estimate shower activity in Easterlys as well. I normally see loads more ppn moving in off the East coast in these set ups than the models forecast!

I'll go sledding down a big hill with you if we get a covering this week in Leicester :lol: They are currently selling sleds down Asda so I might have to buy one tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Hows it going down in Western mate? I agree with you, see the models rarely predict convective showers in Easterlys that well. They tend to upgrade the ppn activity about 12-24 hours before the event, not that i'm complaining about that! I also think they under estimate shower activity in Easterlys as well. I normally see loads more ppn moving in off the East coast in these set ups than the models forecast!

I'll go sledding down a big hill with you if we get a covering this week in Leicester :lol: They are currently selling sleds down Asda so I might have to buy one tomorrow!

The showers usually make it well inland too (even to parts of Wales I recall and eastern Ireland benefits from the Irish Sea) as there are no hills to block and drain away the precip. The easterly of Feb 2005, although a big let down with it's modified air source, managed to produce 14 consecutive days of falling snow here

Edited by Supercell

Posted

Well today makes it 404 days since a snowflake was last seen falling from the sky in Evesham - and can't see the record being broken this week!

Posted

Not to bad down here at the minute mate, it's been Snowing all morning anyway , settling in other parts of my area but I am right on the sea front so just cars and grass outside my house .. although if the week Atlantic does try and get in at the end of the week it will cause a snow fest down here.. Current thinking is I will be down in Leicester Fri/Sat if the trains haven't all been cancelled by then , lol .. As for Leicester I think people in the Model thread are forgetting about the good old Wash steamer ... Very likely IMO although alot in the model thread are SE based this morning .. Make sure you post some pics later if you get anything good ... Chris

Posted

This is what i'm keeping my eye on, on the radar there is some PPN building around The Wash and it's that area of PPN that I expect to make it's way inland during the afternoon and evening. How far it makes it before dying out.. I'm unsure, just a case of radar watching really.

Andy, if that gets to you, it has to get past me first!! LOL Fingers crossed! xxx

Posted

Andy, if that gets to you, it has to get past me first!! LOL Fingers crossed! xxx

Hehe I bet TEITS Is getting all excited round about now lol x

Posted

Fellow snow starved Midlanders... I think we may be in with a chance of seeing a bit of snow this evening/overnight.

Yes, Meso shows a risk of a few light snow showers working in overnight - though would be only a dusting at most. At least the ground should be cold and dry so anything that does fall will settle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

That's what im keeping my eye on too just looked at the rain today radar and in the last hour and 45 minutes the band of precip has grown larger.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Certainly an interesting line of precip in the North Sea, looks like a trough line moving in. I know the models did forecast a very weak front mind you on Monday, so maybe that is it.

I have been watching the band of showers and on the latest radar the 11am one the colours on the radar indicating heavier precipitation where beginning to show up just off the coast of Lincolnshire.

Edited by Derbyshire_snow