Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Sunday is likely to be unsettled and mostly cloudy with a band of rain and snow lying north to south across the country. Although there remains considerable uncertainty regarding exactly where this band will lie central and eastern parts are most likely to see snow and/or ice, with perhaps some significant falls of snow in places. Less cold in the north and west, but remaining cold elsewhere. Into next week, eastern, central and southern areas are likely to become more settled with a good deal of dry weather. Temperatures here are likely to stay cold, perhaps even very cold for some. Northern and northwestern areas then remaining unsettled with rain and strong winds at times but less cold. The cold theme looks likely to continue into the following week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Terrific news for the Midlands and eastern areas !!

Posted

very good outlook from the met there, lets hope the balance tips in favour of snow through sat/sun, as if we are to get some could stay around for next week :)

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

I wouldn't get your hopes up for this weekend guys although one positive towards it is that the Met were right about this easterly all along.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

So then, anyone want to post something positive in this thread??......no, didn't think so....strewth some of your posts give me the urge to slash my ankles with a blunt knife.....I trust nobody in here gave a thumbs up to "Glacier Point's" summary in the model output thread earlier on this morning?.....the one that says that all model output even in the medium term should be taken with a very large pinch of salt perhaps?

...for those he didn't see it, here's the post in its entirety....

"I would steer clear of all operational output at the moment, chaos reigns with an attempt to break down a cold block and then throw in a possible pattern change in the offing within 10-15 days. Stick with your ensemble means..

AO becoming very negative manifested in an Arctic High.

Scandinavian ridge being replaced by a mean trough solution as a strong ridge develops in the mid Atlantic (maybe a touch progressive with the transfer and I suspect the ridge to our NE won't want to go quietly.

Europe remains in the freezer, UK and Ireland on the fringe but probably joining in the cold fun as the trough begins to fully develop and back west. That's after the growing potential for something white this weekend."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

So then, anyone want to post something positive in this thread??......no, didn't think so....strewth some of your posts give me the urge to slash my ankles with a blunt knife.....I trust nobody in here gave a thumbs up to "Glacier Point's" summary in the model output thread earlier on this morning?.....the one that says that all model output even in the medium term should be taken with a very large pinch of salt perhaps?

...for those he didn't see it, here's the post in its entirety....

"I would steer clear of all operational output at the moment, chaos reigns with an attempt to break down a cold block and then throw in a possible pattern change in the offing within 10-15 days. Stick with your ensemble means..

AO becoming very negative manifested in an Arctic High.

Scandinavian ridge being replaced by a mean trough solution as a strong ridge develops in the mid Atlantic (maybe a touch progressive with the transfer and I suspect the ridge to our NE won't want to go quietly.

Europe remains in the freezer, UK and Ireland on the fringe but probably joining in the cold fun as the trough begins to fully develop and back west. That's after the growing potential for something white this weekend."

I gave him a thumbs up because it was what I wanted to hear :winky: Doesn't mean I believe that will be the outcome though.

Haha, for my deleted post... It was kind of silly but I felt it wasn't pointless because Jim was talking about the Met Office changing the forecast for his location and the winds changing to a different direction, therefor.. Wind of change seemed quite apt, you tart :w00t:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

There is actually a fair amount to be positive about right now. SO yes a breakdown this weekend looks likely but blocking looks remain and signals and the likes of GP etc expect the pattern to remain similar. I think the chance of raging blowtorch South Westerly's in the next 2 weeks are less than 10%.

Anyway weve had light snow flurries for much of the morning! :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

I wouldn't believe anything metcheck says. They can never decide which icons to put even down to the last few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

NAE showing precip forming in the North Sea on Thursday with good suggestions of this feeding into the Midlands. For now all the precip looks light but given the temp gradient etc id expect light to moderate showers for some.

Posted

metcheck has snow Saturday night turning to rain by dawn

Metcheck's data is basically the latest GFS run, so it's not really the best to take as gospel more than 3 days away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I gave him a thumbs up because it was what I wanted to hear :winky: Doesn't mean I believe that will be the outcome though.

Haha, for my deleted post... It was kind of silly but I felt it wasn't pointless because Jim was talking about the Met Office changing the forecast for his location and the winds changing to a different direction, therefor.. Wind of change seemed quite apt, you tart :w00t:

you just wanted to post youtube footage of a rock band...I'm on to you, sonny jim! .......I could've just as easily taken a pic of the gents toilet in the local curry house and posted it to illustrate 'winds' of change!

Posted

you just wanted to post youtube footage of a rock band...I'm on to you, sonny jim! .......I could've just as easily taken a pic of the gents toilet in the local curry house and posted it to illustrate 'winds' of change!

LOL :rofl: Well tis not a bad tune either! I will sneak in a song of Alter Bridge again for everyone listening pleasure before Winter is out though :winky: :winky:

Posted

LOL :rofl: Well tis not a bad tune either! I will sneak in a song of Alter Bridge again for everyone listening pleasure before Winter is out though :winky: :winky:

You had any more flakes yet today?....We've had 17 snow grains so far

Edited by ajpoolshark
oh, go on then, to stop people from calling me 'Mr Grumpy' I'll reapprove your youtube linky :)

Posted

I think I saw a snowflake a while ago?

I'm not entirely sure as snow isn't allowed in the midlands any more is it? :D

Well, I do feel a little better about our prospects, lets hope for a good ending for once :)

Posted

You had any more flakes yet today?....We've had 17 snow grains so far

Haha, thanks AJ me old fruit =D

Funny you should ask that.. I was just coming onto the thread to say that it's snowing here again, just light snow grains but i'll never complain because it's SNOW!

Posted

we really need to up the anty and show those south-eastern softies who has the best regional thread....They've clocked up 60 pages of posts in the same time we've managed about 13, so don't be shy, post away! :D

Posted

we really need to up the anty and show those south-eastern softies who has the best regional thread....They've clocked up 60 pages of posts in the same time we've managed about 13, so don't be shy, post away! :D

That'll be one page of a notorious SE'erner yakking on about metres of snow & 59 complaining that's it's not here yet!

Posted

That'll be one page of a notorious SE'erner yakking on about metres of snow & 59 complaining that's it's not here yet!

so true Dave, so true!...lol........still, most of the 'midlands' cold rampers must still be in hibernation!

Posted

so true Dave, so true!...lol........still, most of the 'midlands' cold rampers must still be in hibernation!

Where's that tart Mark (Echobase) got to? Told him to get back on the forum a few days ago and he hasn't turned up, poor show!

Posted

Hmmm, everyone on my Facebook news feed keeps saying it's snowing here in Rugby, but every time I look out of the window, it isn't. Hmm.

Posted

Where's that tart Mark (Echobase) got to? Told him to get back on the forum a few days ago and he hasn't turned up, poor show!

Mark was on a couple of nights ago, but disappeared after a few minutes......ha! I remember a couple of winters ago up to the early hours having boozy banter sessions in this thread... :drunk:lol

Posted

Hmmm, everyone on my Facebook news feed keeps saying it's snowing here in Rugby, but every time I look out of the window, it isn't. Hmm.

that'll be rugby, canada then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I usually post a lot more but wee have just moved and have no Internet bar tmobile on the iPad and the reception is poor. But I am trying to keep up, just cannot access the charts as the connection to slow so feel I have very little of interest to say! We have had snow grains today though, first of the season. Other than that, grey and dull dull dull.