Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Cold Spell Part 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

2C, mostly cloudy, no frost, feels raw with just a slight breeze; the sort of day of day where you scurry to the shops and back with your collar up :cold: . So, aye, good moaning :mellow: .

There has to be something happening at the weekend, it just looks too messy for there to be just a continuation of this.

Maybe HC. The model thread latest fax charts discussion is quite interesting?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Here comes the sun (doo doo doo doo) :)

Maybe HC. The model thread latest fax charts discussion is quite interesting?

will have a peep :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

We have the finest snow I have ever seen falling at the moment - didn't notice it until I saw it starting to lie on the pavement and shed roof. It's so fine and almost impossible to see when I look out.

Posted

We have the finest snow I have ever seen falling at the moment - didn't notice it until I saw it starting to lie on the pavement and shed roof. It's so fine and almost impossible to see when I look out.

We had the same fine snow first thing this morning in Darvel. Could only see it under the streetlights and on top of cars.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Here comes the sun (doo doo doo doo) :)

will have a peep :good:

What is this sun you talk of....I hear it's a mystical object which once ruled the sky glowing over its subjects.....a great Scottish philosopher by the name of Rab c once called it the big yellow bas*@rd

Posted

What is this sun you talk of....I hear it's a mystical object which once ruled the sky glowing over its subjects.....a great Scottish philosopher by the name of Rab c once called it the big yellow bas*@rd

That's my friend you're dissing... He keeps me warm, stops me getting rickets, grows my fruit & veg and makes my days happy. Anyroads I spoke a little prematurely - he's gone again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Very cloudy today - but no snaw.

Just popped onto the MT thread briefly and I couldn't help but notice the difference in tone. About four days ago most were very excited (some literally giddy), but now virtually everyone seems quite disappointed and in need of tlc. Genuinely feel a bit sorry for some of them, but I still think its early days to lose all hope. And the 'coldest' bit of the snap is still to come tomorrow, thursday and friday at least so hopefully still a little LPW and frosty mornings to come for many.

Such a blimmin shame! May they all rest in peace. We shouldn't grumble about our weather really should we.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Also, is this not a cold spell??

Yep.

Absolute definite certainty is unusual in any scientific context, but I spent 17 minutes on a railway platform in Fife this morning and I have this absolute definite certain proof - THIS IS A COLD SPELL!

BM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

some snow in cumbie about an hour ago - didnt amount to much of anything but its veeeeeeeery cold out there!

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Aye it's awfy quiet and nae sign of any snaw on the radar! 2c in Edinburgh. Might be working in sunny Glasgow soon if I get this job! :lazy:

Posted

Met O Thursday to Saturday has been updated. Sounds good for Friday then milder Saturday.

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Mainly fine and very frosty on Thursday. Friday catching chilling winds with sleet and snow moving east, turning to rain on coasts. Less cold but wet and windy on Saturday.

Updated: 1157 on Tue 31 Jan 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Ah no - Outlook for Thurs- Sat:( = ach thats a shame, Sat blizzards and snaw would've been more fun!!

Dull, chilly and little wind confirms the forecast ( the wind may have been the salad i ate;))

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Very cloudy today - but no snaw.

Just popped onto the MT thread briefly and I couldn't help but notice the difference in tone. About four days ago most were very excited (some literally giddy), but now virtually everyone seems quite disappointed and in need of tlc. Genuinely feel a bit sorry for some of them, but I still think its early days to lose all hope. And the 'coldest' bit of the snap is still to come tomorrow, thursday and friday at least so hopefully still a little LPW and frosty mornings to come for many.

Such a blimmin shame! May they all rest in peace. We shouldn't grumble about our weather really should we.

Ach that lot are far too Emulsional in the MT :D

Offwhite at the moment :doh:

Big Innes

Posted

Ah no - Outlook for Thurs- Sat:( = ach thats a shame, Sat blizzards and snaw would've been more fun!!

Dull, chilly and little wind confirms the forecast ( the wind may have been the salad i ate;))

ahhh cmon snowy I didnt think owls did that sort of thing.....there cute fluffy and inncocent....apart from when there tearing small rodents apart

Ach that lot are far too Emulsional in the MT :D

Offwhite at the moment :doh:

FAF good patter Big Innes..... just wait till the pub run brings it all back tonight and they will be painting the thread red in celebration

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

I think everyones patience is wearing thin especially obvious in the MT at times. The expectation of snowfall was showing and now looks to be less of a possibility in the near term.

However i think our expectations have been raised by our recent winters and its no real surprise that we all feel badly let down, BUT this is not even Feb yet and the charts have been and still are all over the shop. We always hope that we get a severe spell of snow and i stll hope that this comes along for us all.

At least its more seasonal and cold brrr .

edodfc - must've been an unusual owl happening, should have stuck to the rodent diet and forget the greens!! lol

Edited by snowy owl

Posted

Lets be honest - games's a bogey

This must be one of the most frustrating winters. Everytime there is a hint of snaw it gets snatched away or the uppers are too warm. The lamposts are getting lonely as most of us have given up watching them at night! :help:

Posted

We should prime ourselves for an epic 12z and gloss over the last few runs. (Couldn't get the undercoat in there without getting a bit ahem personal.)

Still vaguely sunny here. The yard's as dry as it's been for months - it's just begging to be swept, but I shall resist the temptation for another day.

Posted

temp 3.6 it has pretty much hovered between 1 and 4 since Saturday :lazy: anyway now decided that winter gonna deliver nowt and im looking forward to some early season golf....... right thats the reverse pyschology in place

Posted

The yard's as dry as it's been for months

Thats good news HC less need for the Matt at your back door

Posted

Latest take on the medium-term outlook from MWIS:

"Terrain generally frozen, and substantially dry across the mountains until the weekend, when mainly across Scotland,

slightly milder conditions will edge in. This will be accompanied by one or two bands of snow (intermittently rain on lower

areas). Little precipitation will extend into England and Wales, although day by day from the weekend, it will become a

little less cold."

Posted

temp 3.6 it has pretty much hovered between 1 and 4 since Saturday :lazy: anyway now decided that winter gonna deliver nowt and im looking forward to some early season golf....... right thats the reverse pyschology in place

i know the feeling how many chances have we had and been left with nothing. Got to be up there with the worst January in terms of snow for a long time.