Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Fine snowflakes dusting on most surfaces

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

At what temperature is the snow likely to turn to rain? Now -0.4C

Posted

Dont think we could be a better setup for snow come next week with on 2 or 3 occasions fronts approach from the west and stall over wales even could get a rain to snow event tueday wednesday.

Yes it looks quite interesting. I do not want to get peoples hopes too much as much can change but like you say so many chances next week, by monday things should become more clear.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yes more marginal chances Tuesday and Wednesday perhaps, but then high pressure is in control.

Posted

Been raining off and on all morning around the North Wales coast and was even rain when i was around Betws y Coed/Capel Curig this morning delivering. Temp has been rising too so i dont see how the Met Office now has us in the Amber warning, is this rain meant to turn to snow at some point? Cant see it myself up here.

Posted

Temps are below what was forecast yesterday for midday today. Very positive.

Also the met are changing warnings at last minute indicating that they're still not 100% sure

Posted

Still snowing heavy here - updated Meto warnings from my in box

Amber Warning of Snow for Wales

Amber Warning of Snow for Wales : Denbighshire, Flintshire, Conwy, Wrexham, Gwynedd & Powys valid from 1145 Sat 04 Feb to 2359 Sat 04 Feb

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Isle of Anglesey, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Monmouthshire, Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 1145 Sat 04 Feb to 2359 Sat 04 Feb

And as TonyH was saying - watch out for the ICE threat aswell

Yellow Warning of Ice for Wales

Yellow Warning of Ice for Wales : Isle of Anglesey, Conwy, Gwynedd, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire, Denbighshire, Powys, Swansea, Bridgend, Neath Port Talbot, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Vale of Glamorgan, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen, Wrexham & Flintshire valid from 0830 Sat 04 Feb to 1200 Sat 04 Feb

Feverish activity at the meto now - yellow warning of ice has now gone to amber - they are working hard down in Exeter today

Amber Warning of Ice for Wales

Amber Warning of Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Wrexham, Caerphilly, Bridgend, Cardiff, Newport, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Pembrokeshire valid from 0000 Sun 05 Feb to 1200 Sun 05 Feb

Edited by andymusic

Posted

At what temperature is the snow likely to turn to rain? Now -0.4C

it can snow at +2 or even +3 its the dew points and upper air that will spoil the fun today, if dew points hit + and if upper air 850mb temps warm then its over.

Thats why some get freezing rain. Thats where surface temps are below freezing but upper temps are above freezing.

Posted

Fine snowflakes dusting on most surfaces

Think thats all we going to have today prob have worse next week as im night shift lol may get sent home plzzzz.

Posted

Still freezing rain here, an ice covering on most surfaces now. I'm almost more interested in this than snow (at least that's what I'm kidding myself :rofl: ) as I think this is only the second time in my life I've seen proper freezing rain like this (the other was Jan 1996 when I lived in Monmouthshire).

Experienced freezing rain quite a few times here in recent years, again today.

Posted

Very fine snow now falling. Looks a lot heavier a bit further east though, how did that happen?! Lol

Temp: steady at 0.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Raining here....started off as rain as well. A pathetic ending to the cold spell in what has frankly been a pathetic winter so far (no lying snow at all).

Posted

Snowing heavy in the Amman Valley, a good centimeter now.

Posted

Raining here....started off as rain as well. A pathetic ending to the cold spell in what has frankly been a pathetic winter so far (no lying snow at all).

Give it a bit of time and see what happens... Started off as rain here too but the temperature has dropped and moderate snow is falling and settling.

Temp: 0.2c after reaching 0.5c earlier

Edited by nwales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Give it a bit of time and see what happens... Started off as rain here too but the temperature has dropped and moderate snow is falling and settling.

Think your bit of elevation might be helping things there.

Posted

Experienced freezing rain quite a few times here in recent years, again today.

Yes I suppose closer to the coast is perhaps more conducive to it as warmer air from the sea comes over the colder land. A bit of graupel on top of the ice layer now makes it a bit less slippy.

Precip has stopped here now, waiting for the main front. Temp 0.1c, dp -2.9c and very close now to Meto amber warning area but can't see where colder uppers are going to come from so expect more sleet and freezing rain this PM.

Went out and about the lane linking the back of Tycoch with Townhill is very dangerous. Quite a lot of snow on the way to Clase, but with varying degrees of snow settling.

Currently snowing a bit heavier, the precip is set to turn heavier soon hopefully it will stay as snow as long as possible.

As Tony says ice could be a massive problem ovennight.

Posted

Snowing heavier in Cardiff though still small flakes about 1/2 cm covering

Cardiff barrage as of 12:29

Temp 0.2c

dp -1.3c

wind sse 13mph

Posted

Rain all the way at 1400 feet (my local hill) near Corwen!

Posted

Think your bit of elevation might be helping things there.

True but the forecast said it would fall as snow to lower levels later so don't give up hope yet!