Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Unless the front deepens i cant see low lying ares of the s east getting more than a few cms out of this .Most of the heavier precipition is to the north UK.

Really? What about the developing triple point tracking south along the troughing later, which should intensify the snow over the MIdlands this evening, and further SE tonight?

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Im pretty happy, more than expected, I was feeling very downbeat but got 3cm so far, over an inch. It's still going strong. However I think it will turn to rain within 3 hours

Posted

lol looking at the radar what the east of wales have had so far is starters the main course looks to be arriving very soon :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

lol looking at the radar what the east of wales have had so far is starters the main course looks to be arriving very soon :)

But with that comes warmer air.. Will more than likely turn to rain unfortunately! I hope I am wrong but all I am saying is don't get your hopes up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

If the main course is as lousy as the starter has turned out to be, then I'll be sending it back!

Posted

OK gone heavy now in last 5 mins proper big flakes no cam to put up any pics though.Might have a good dusting now.

Edited by valejack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Here are a couple just taken post-10181-0-67955600-1328362250_thumb.j post-10181-0-14373600-1328362173_thumb.j

Im surpised that its still snowing, 0.3C and Moderate - Heavy snow and doesn't look like its going to change anytime soon! Good size flakes now too, this is what i have been wanting for over a year now :)

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted

But with that comes warmer air.. Will more than likely turn to rain unfortunately! I hope I am wrong but all I am saying is don't get your hopes up!

It was fun at 5AM this morning - unfortunately PPN turned to sleet/rain later on haha

We should head up the black mountain and have some fun whilst it still remains as snow :p

Posted

Really? What about the developing triple point tracking south along the troughing later, which should intensify the snow over the MIdlands this evening, and further SE tonight?

Many people are forgetting about this, don't worry about the precip intensity just yet, things will be clearer in 2-3 hours time.

Posted

Good few cms now - still snowing heavy - competition for BIGGEST snowman now Open! - traffic has gone dead up our country lane - no "crazy fools" trying this road once this starts!

steadyily snowing here andy, quite heavy at times, pavements and cars covered, 2 cms, roads though wel salted so just wet but starting to settle on pavements.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Could evaporative cooling occur? Snowing like mad here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

I think main course is on its way here :) but for how long? Stuff talkin on here for a min lol im going walk dogs in it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Heavy snow sticking t

Posted

Snowing constantly and heavy here - here's a little piccy I took earlier of the front path - worse than that now

DSCF0128.JPG

And there was me thinking you had proper snow Andy lol thats just a sprinkling in our neck of the woods.

Hating the waiting game at the mo all you in wales having fun with your snow and I am stuck in Cambridge waiting to see if we get a pasting here :)

Posted

It was fun at 5AM this morning - unfortunately PPN turned to sleet/rain later on haha

We should head up the black mountain and have some fun whilst it still remains as snow :p

It was! Woke up at 5am to find a very fine dusting on the car, some on the pavements too. I just hope that the people in East Wales amongst us here don't get their hopes up, it was always likely to start as snow and end up as rain, hope I am wrong though and someone can post some pictures of deep snow.. It's the closest we will get! :D

Posted

When percipitation falls, evaporative cooling always occurs. It can only help a little though. Turns marginal to an event . Can not turn warm air cold enough thou. It drops temperature by less than 1c normally. But it can make a difference. Heavier the percipitation the more cooling.

Posted

It could, and probably will for a time. Nobody really knows how long that'll keep up though! Could last the whole time if you're lucky and above a certain height.

Doubt it'll last for others though as the more precip pushes in, the warmer the air and it won't hold out for the whole for most. I just hope you lot are the lucky ones!

Edited by CarmarthenshireWeather