Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

Posted

I'm surprised at your altitude it's raining... Guess my snow won't be lasting long then!

I think as long as you stay on the right side of the stalling front you will be ok.....its just very marginal geographically not altitudinally ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Well, if you follow this:

4c7aae9773e65a57c54196449bab3e803ea13c05.png

then it is clearly quite unusual for it to happen...

:80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Thanks for that I thought that was the case, Yet Bridgend recording dewpoints above 0 and yet still heavy snow, How can that be??

http://weather.weath...nd-weather.html

I live in Brackla, Bridgend and have a dewpoint of -1C and a temperatuer of 0.7C with the moderate-heavy snow!

Posted

can't find my camera to put pictures on, but we have a lovely little covering here in Magor :clapping: My son has made a snowball and has put it in the freezer lol. Looks really pretty. Keep it coming please. I know I am being greedy now but I love it.

I live in Brackla, Bridgend and have a dewpoint of -1C and a temperatuer of 0.7C with the moderate-heavy snow!

Cheers This recording station must be lower down then, according to google earth Brackla is around 60 metres above sea level so that may make a difference, wonder whats coming down in Porthcawl??

Edited by Phil Barkin

Posted

as requested andy!!! photos from hawthorn pontypridd, upperboat, a470. as you will see readily sticking to pavements and back yard, but not on the roads as yet. quite heavy snow now. just waiting for this blast due very soon and see how it pans out. keep us posted andy on your thoughts.

post-10664-0-81314800-1328364798_thumb.j

post-10664-0-78624800-1328364816_thumb.j

post-10664-0-89272700-1328364834_thumb.j

post-10664-0-71280500-1328364851_thumb.j

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Weird event this! 7.5c in Pembrokeshire, rain at altitude in north Wales, heavy snow in Swansea and cold rain here!

The only thing normal about it all is that Andy has a good covering with more to come...

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry or freezing snow extremes!

Snow lying around, but sleet/snow rain mixture at the mo..... just came back in about half hour or so ago.... and a wide variance in snow/sleet/rain after a drive around a good few areas of swansea high and low.......would appear the settling snow line is creeping up and up 100m and rising !! soon to be washed away :sorry:

Chances of it staying all snow event for next 6 hours imby ...... 1/100???

Such fine fine fine margins make it ever so frustrating....yet i suppose its the first real kind of settling snow of the winter...even if very brief ..so at least this winter has produced a semi semi quarter ok an eighth of a snow event from an imby perspective!

Whats the news on further snowfall within the next 5 days??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Freezing rain continues unabated...glaze and icicles everywhere!

Posted

Moderate snow here, turning to sleet now and again

Posted

Weird event this! 7.5c in Pembrokeshire, rain at altitude in north Wales, heavy snow in Swansea and cold rain here!

The only thing normal about it all is that Andy has a good covering with more to come...

The heavy snow in swansea is confined to altitude only i would say.

Nice to see but damn damn and damnit !!! it aint going to last!!!

Posted

8C in pembrokeshire - tropical!

At least your already in the grieving process ..... and are getting over it..... still to come here.....HORACE IS ANGRY!! WHO INVENTED SLEET!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Note to self dont get carried away have sleet at best now. Nice pics everyone good luck to those who continue to see snowfall :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Still moderate snow here and around a cm on the ground. Am worried though that if swansea is now getting sleety parts that its only a matter of time before it is washed away here! Would the cold front help atall if it got here in time in preventing it from turning to rain or am i just wishful thinking?