Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

Posted

If there's a cold front approaching after the current front wouldn't that dry the air slightly allowing dew points to fall again? or am I missing something. Of course this is no good for snow if the temps remain on the mild side with high uppers....

Edited by shaunwales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It's 3c here at the moment. Still very light rain, hardly noticeable infact. Strange, because the radar shows as if we should be having heavy rain or at least moderate but this is very very light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Yes its turning a bit slushy on the roofs and cars thanks to the temp rise, got a feeling it won't last much longer! Would love to be wrong though.

Posted

It's 3c here at the moment. Still very light rain, hardly noticeable infact. Strange, because the radar shows as if we should be having heavy rain or at least moderate but this is very very light.

3c! Wow. My weather station reads 1.5c - starting to rise quickly now though. Pembrey Sands is only 2.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry or freezing snow extremes!

RAIN here it comes..... clearly can see the rain destroying the snow that has built up...most noticeable on car windscreen.

HEAVY RAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN.

Would say all lying snow will be washed away as quick as it came in the next few hours.

Horrible cold damp day now combined with snow melt is just dire.

Moving on...... when is the next likely snow event ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

I think the heavy stuff is here. Still pure snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

3c! Wow. My weather station reads 1.5c - starting to rise quickly now though. Pembrey Sands is only 2.5c.

Difference being my temperature reader probably isn't as reliable as yours! :D

What's the rain been like by you? I know you are only a couple of miles away but the weather in the past week or two has varied dramatically! You know it's bad when you start asking the question "What's the rain like by you?" :D

Posted

tredegar A465 is still looking good so rain not got there as yet? snow starting to stick on pavements and roads here now, very noticeable, hope the rain dont wash it away. when it comes. :(

Edited by worldairgroup

Posted

Difference being my temperature reader probably isn't as reliable as yours! :D

What's the rain been like by you? I know you are only a couple of miles away but the weather in the past week or two has varied dramatically! You know it's bad when you start asking the question "What's the rain like by you?" :D

Haha. It was sleety at times when the DP was around freezing but now it's pure rain. DP has shot up. RH is 97% at the moment, up from around 75% in the early hours.

Posted

Still snow here at the moment and temp still just 0.5c. Could do with the front stalling about now really.... :rofl:

Am at the back edge of the precip band now according to the radar, it really has zoomed through quite quick, would expect to turn to rain soon, especially if it is raining on road between Aber and Llanidloes as reported upthread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its sleet here now, bye bye snow, was nice to see you again! Please come back sometime soon! Temp now 0.9C :(

Posted

Sleet will turn increasingly to snow over the next few hours. Due points at there near max by now so its all good signs from here on in. THings should get QUITE interesting for many come nightfall :good: :good: :good:

BAND SHOULD BE LIGHT FROM NOW AND THEN GAIN STRENGTH AGAIN LATER THIS EVENING .

Get out and Enjoy it !! :drinks:

https://twitter.com/#!/HurricanesArt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Wow, heaviest snow I've seen since December 2010. I really do hope this stays as snow!

Posted

Meto have now extended the heavy snow up until at least 18:00 for Merthyr, followed by heavy rain at 21:00.

Sleet followed by heavy rain from 15:00 in Cardiff though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Loving my rain here :D:yahoo: