Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

pottyprof

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

And very windy almost blizzard like... not particularly large flakes though. I also get the impression that winds are coming from the east as opposed to the west :S

Posted

Can now report we have PROPER SNOW!!! :clapping:

It has arrived later than forecast but this could be a good thing? hoping it's gonna stall over us for a few hours and let us see some heavy snow! will be happy if it continues like this til around 11pm

Good too hear, I did notice that lighter bit of PPN around Barnsley/Huddersfield on the radar whilst everywhere else had more intense PPN, still better late than never and its much better than having heavy PPN over you and you get freezing rain/ice pellets/snizzle from it with only occasional snowflakes!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Proper snow here now now why wasn't it like this early we'd be well above a foot by now.

Posted

And very windy almost blizzard like... not particularly large flakes though. I also get the impression that winds are coming from the east as opposed to the west :S

SSE at the moment, about 20-25mph average, windchill -8.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Well the snowfall will be coming to an end soon, very good snowfall indeed, very pleased

Posted

Doesn't seem like it'll last much longer.

A touch disappointed, the front arrived alot earlier and wasn't as heavy as projected.

Hasn't stopped yet so we may be able to squeeze another hour of snow.

Will measure it once it stopped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I wonder when this system is expected to stall - seems to be passing on straight through clearing most of the UK by midnight.

Posted

This is real snow is. Been heavy for the last couple of hours now resulting in a decent covering. Maybe 5cm or so!

Happy overall. The clearance is showing on the radar and may be over us by 9ish but hopefully much later!

Drove around the north of the city and can confirm roads are getting difficult.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Avoid Leeds City Centre!!!

I repeat, very heavy snow for the last hour, snow has over powered grit and cars are now struggling!

Game on, 2-3 inches now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I repeat, very heavy snow for the last hour, snow has over powered grit and cars are now struggling!

Game on, 2-3 inches now.

Very silly situation.. there's plenty of snow plows and one plowed my street earlier.. no idea why they're not being used!

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Game on, 2-3 inches now.

All taxis are suspended too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Right final one now I imagine but its an hour from when I measured 10cm level to when i filmed this and it's been like this pretty much throughout that time and still is so I'm thinking 15cm easy here come the end. This was at 7-30 by the way.

Cheers

BB

Posted

Right final one now I imagine but its an hour from when I measured 10cm level to when i filmed this and it's been like this pretty much throughout that time and still is so I'm thinking 15cm easy here come the end. This was at 7-30 by the way.

Cheers

BB

Just measured again - 12cm's ...2 hours left IF the band keeps on track. 15cm's I agree is a likely finishing result. May be more but we'll take that and a freeze tonight / tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Lovely big flakes here now , wish I could share a picture but it is not showing signs of easing and coverage looks as good as anything we saw in 2010!! :drinks::good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!! lots of it

I'm in York, South Bank/Tadcaster Road area. Just been out onto the Knavesmire, oh boy. It's hammering down, strong winds and possibly around 4-5" laying on the ground (was really hard to see in the biting cold and snow) I'm a very, very happy *snow* bunny :yahoo:

Edit: Added video. On my phone so not great.

Edited by Skibaboo

Posted

I'm in York, South Bank/Tadcaster Road area. Just been out onto the Knavesmire, oh boy. It's hammering down, strong winds and possibly around 4-5" laying on the ground (was really hard to see in the biting cold and snow) I'm a very, very happy *snow* bunny :yahoo:

Do you reckon Sundays games will be on? Hamilton Panthers won't even be on now and they play on the 3G at the uni. St Clements will get a week off also. Then again Sunday Football is for nutters so you never know! (these teams play on the Knavesmire)

Edited by devilsweep

Posted

UPDATE 19.57

Current -1 Feelslike -12 Conditions: Blowing heavy fine snow Wind speed 25Kph (S)

we have snow blowing in a brisk wind and the first signs of drifting due to the light nature of the snow grains, just over 1cm on the ground and road conditions are turning fair to poor.

LO

Posted

Don't know how its still snowing in Leeds but it is and its still coming down hard! Definately satisfied with tonight's events - more than I've seen since the Wash streamer of December 2009! Will be out and about tomorrow to get a better taste of the wintry weather before Sunday nights rain turns it into a slushy and icy mess. Hopefully more of this come the end of the next week

Posted

Lovely big flakes here now , wish I could share a picture but it is not showing signs of easing and coverage looks as good as anything we saw in 2010!! :drinks::good:

Well I'm glad it's not just me quoting on here

not as good as 2010 or 2009 but nice to see at a weekend

This last band of snow has been pretty heavy and only added to what has built up since around 1.00pm