IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 11

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Not much going on in here!

Posted

Not much going on in here!

We miss out on the fun Friday! That's why it's quiet - again cold weather but utterly boring compared to what other parts of the country are set to get.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

lets see what the NAE shows a bit later

Posted

Doesn't feel like a proper snow event unless we get a streamer! - Thames for the Essex/N.Kent/ London crew and Kent streamer for us South coast lot, Clipper for the Hythe to Folkestone crew. Shouldn't grumble as we had great snow last weekend - still a good few inches lying as it's barely got above freezing all week. Yet watching the convection off the North Sea and coming in a line straight towards your house is truly exciting, and we haven't had that (yet).

Just shows what a sad git I've become, I fear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Harry Redknapp for England!

Couldn't give a damn about England, I support Argentina and will support Spain this euros or 2nd team France 3rd team Turkey, anyway, the feb 2012 cold spell is where it's at!

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted

Latest on BBC News Channel suggests a Yorkshire, Midlands and south-west of the Midlands affair for Thursday into Friday, possibly some fringing of the far west of our region.

Still some uncertainty though about the extent and direction.

Left Reigate this morning at 6am to drive to the office in Harefield. Interesting how little snow was around once I had dropped off the top of Reigate Hill onto the M25 and headed West, particularly at lower levels. Once I got to Harefield though there was a bit more on the ground. Got home tonight at 7:30 and all felt frozen again, the remaining snow is friable - like the crust of a chilled Creme Brulee!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Just seen on the snow risk thread, the ian f has tweeted that the Eastern and south eastern extent of the snow will be dictated by a shortwave out of the northern azores high so all to play for.

Posted

Latest on BBC News Channel suggests a Yorkshire, Midlands and south-west of the Midlands affair for Thursday into Friday, possibly some fringing of the far west of our region.

Still some uncertainty though about the extent and direction.

Left Reigate this morning at 6am to drive to the office in Harefield. Interesting how little snow was around once I had dropped off the top of Reigate Hill onto the M25 and headed West, particularly at lower levels. Once I got to Harefield though there was a bit more on the ground. Got home tonight at 7:30 and all felt frozen again, the remaining snow is friable - like the crust of a chilled Creme Brulee!

AS

God it's getting further away from this area. Pointless checking for updates now as it'll only get further away.

Posted

Yes despite a decent weekend of snow for most in our region. Theres no denying this winter has been dreadful. Theres been plenty worse though!! I agree that frontal snowfall comes a poor second compared to the N.Sea convective variety. Lets hope we get one last shot at a streamer setup before Feb is out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

With all the talk about Thursday night and Friday, we have all overlooked the fact that the 6.30pm forecast showed snow showers over the London area overnight, in fact I just went to check the creme brulee and found it is actually snowing very slightly at the moment

Posted

God it's getting further away from this area. Pointless checking for updates now as it'll only get further away.

Maybe, but I don't think it's that black and white particularly in your location.

Unless, that is, you are talking about the creme brulee in which case it is pointless checking for updates, as it is no longer available!

With all the talk about Thursday night and Friday, we have all overlooked the fact that the 6.30pm forecast showed snow showers over the London area overnight, in fact I just went to check the creme brulee and found it is actually snowing very slightly at the moment

Hi Dub, how do you get your creme brulee to snow?! It sounds like my ideal night in.

Posted

PEOPLE NEED TO CALM DOWN! IT'S WEATHER!!! We had our turn let others..

er why have you directed that at me? you are the one who is shouting :)

Posted

why all the negativity? the last front was forecast to stall earlier than it did. the weather forecasts are all stating uncertainty regarding this event. how many times have you seen snow forecasts be spot on? probably never. my gut feeling on this one is that the front will push further than predicted again, giving a good dumping of snow for those who think they are getting none. as others have said, some of the best snow i have seen, wasn't forecast!

Edited by bobbydog

Posted

New analysis frm UKMO Ch Forecaster keeps bias of main snow threat W Mids, E Wales into W Country, esp Glos, Wilts, Bristol, B&NES, N/NE Som