Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 11

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & T-Storms

Peter Cockcroft has just been in ramp mode on BBC London..."significant snow to fall to the west of London", places like Henley and North Surrey look to be in the firing line!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

75miles east and we're all game on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

I think my Dad will do well out of this event..Being well ASL and in Buckinghamshire LOL lucky git..Oh well..Multi million pound house..We could have party at his ;)

What's the address and is the dresscode salopettes etc??

Posted

Peter Cockcroft has just been in ramp mode on BBC London..."significant snow to fall to the west of London", places like Henley and North Surrey look to be in the firing line!

What about Slough, Windsor & Maidenhead? Or is this area not far west enough after all we are practically sat on West London so I expect they mean out West. North Surrey is more South West London so I'd guess this should then include thks area? I missed the forecast myself.

Some stuff I saw earlier looked a bit hit and miss I though. Met Office warning certainly only just clips this area too.

Posted

Don't think we will miss out tomorrow night, just unlikely to be in the sweet spot. , It wouldn't take much of a shift to the south or east to make a major difference in snow quantity , although admitedly a shift to the west could mean missing out completely.. Still should pick up 1 - 3 cm , not a lot but still snow.

Edited by crazysnowcatz4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Does anyone know when the next nmm chart come out. that and the NAE will be the ones to watch.

Posted

What about Slough, Windsor & Maidenhead? Or is this area not far west enough after all we are practically sat on West London so I expect they mean out West. North Surrey is more South West London so I'd guess this should then include thks area? I missed the forecast myself.

Some stuff I saw earlier looked a bit hit and miss I though. Met Office warning certainly only just clips this area too.

Reckon you will get 3 - 5 cm..

Posted

Link to Mr Cockrofts forecast here guys & gals http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743 :p

I personally found that a very contradicting forecast he mentioned significant snow to the west of London and showed sw - nw london getting hit hard for around 2 hours then light snow. I define significant snow as a totally covered area of white on that map for a period of 4-5 hours +.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

It would be there on Meto because the WEST of your Region is looking like it will get Snow, The same for London & SE the West of our Region also is at risk hence wht Eastern and South Eastern is listed.

yes very marginal indeed, thank you

Posted

Reckon you will get 3 - 5 cm..

Oh dear and this is 'significant' snow which Peter referred too. Though the most is expected further North and West I'd have thought more was possible here based on words on Peter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Postman Pat has left the building for good, HOORAY :clapping: Dont think he likes snow.(Sorry football related) :D

Yep, Fabio quits!

Posted

Oh dear and this is 'significant' snow which Peter referred too. Though the most is expected further North and West I'd have thought more was possible here based on words on Peter.

Well you see you don't have Queen "cold for the next 2 weeks " Kaddy to advise you.. It looks like about 3 - 6 hours of fairly steady if not spectacular snow. Around 1.30 - 200am ish could be the peak.. can't be sure though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Can we see pinpoint accuracy in this event? My hunch is NO. If the snowline stays the same by what the MO and BBC are saying this evening come tomorrow, I'd be very surprised indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Last Saturdays event we were all wanting a slight shift West, now we're wanting a shift East. Will we ever have a snow event that requires no shifting at all?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Last Saturdays event we were all wanting a slight shift West, now we're wanting a shift East. Will we ever have a snow event that requires no shifting at all?

Welcome too the UK! :rofl:

Edited by GoonerGregg77

Posted

Can we see pinpoint accuracy in this event? My hunch is NO. If the snowline stays the same by what the MO and BBC are saying this evening come tomorrow, I'd be very surprised indeed.

Pinpoint accuracy is indeed impossible, I remember a few years back being told that there would be little no snow, only to wake up to a good 10 inches of snow..

So it is possible for things to change last minute.

Posted

Forget the possible sugar dusting tomorrow night. Capello going is the best news this winter!!

Posted

Forget the possible sugar dusting tomorrow night. Capello going is the best news this winter!!

Harry Redknapp for England!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

For sure!!! We might have a hope in Poland/Ukraine in June!!!

Can we keep this to the weather please all, there's a thread open in the sports area about Capello:

http://forum.netweat...ws-for-england/

Sorry Paul

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Can we keep this to the weather please all, there's a thread open in the sports area about Capello:

http://forum.netweat...ws-for-england/

Seconded!