Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

Jane Louise

..... and said what?????

fergieweather Ian Fergusson

New UKMO model output has snow mostly Bath eastwards this eve/tonight. E Glos & Wilts focal point; 2-5cm (locally more). Some Wilts 2moro AM

Posted

The precipitation has dived south earlier than predicted, and it will not turn to snow much further west than Yeovil from the looks of it. Very annoying to have a last minute downgrade - the 06z run was really good. :-(

I think it was obvious a good 4 hours ago to be honest, looking at the radar earlier.

Posted

yep snowing in Poole

very rarely get snow from the North so I guess its unusual (its unusual for snow in Poole full stop) but really dont expect anything more than a dusting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Slowing down here now prob about 2/10. But hoping this is just the pre show and the main event will start about midnight as forcast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Having just looked on uksnow Map there seems to be a lot of snow reports from Northeast England right down to Central southern England. If this is shifting southwestwards then I would have thought that most places East of the region will have at the very least seen a few flakes of snow by tomorrow mourning.

Posted

Having just looked on uksnow Map there seems to be a lot of snow reports from Northeast England right down to Central southern England. If this is shifting southwestwards then I would have thought that most places East of the region will have at the very least seen a few flakes of snow by tomorrow mourning.

I think Wilts is going to get a decent snowfall tonite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

fergieweather Ian Fergusson

New UKMO model output has snow mostly Bath eastwards this eve/tonight. E Glos & Wilts focal point; 2-5cm (locally more). Some Wilts 2moro AM

I wish he would only tweet when all of us were getting some....snow that is .. :clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Whens it coming then :D

Haha, I'm not committing but you can see the front developing on the radar with some precip behind, exactly as forecast. I think it'll snow before midnight but it'll only be light for about an hour or two from there on...

Posted

So i'll post what he's said shall I?

"New UKMO model output has snow mostly Bath eastwards - E Glos and Wilts focal point."

As if we didn't know already.

Ahh well its weather i knew there was always that chance at least i got my new davis vantage vue on the way :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, wind. Hot summer days.

You were too negative in the SW thread. Go to Jail! Do not pass go! lol

Edited by rockhopper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Ahh well its weather i knew there was always that chance at least i got my new davis vantage vue on the way :D

Nice piece of kit mate, ive got an Oregon wmr100. Couldn't get the Davis cleared with Mrs bank manager!!

Posted

Nice piece of kit mate, ive got an Oregon wmr100. Couldn't get the Davis cleared with Mrs bank manager!!

Just hope we get some intresting weather next week which hopefully might be the case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, wind. Hot summer days.

Very good :rofl:

Actually you just landed on my igloo - thats £2 please

D'oh lol

(0.3 here just had a light snow shower here)

Posted

Latest tweet from Ian F -

"Snow into Bristol not impossible but needs just a slight push (a few miles worth) of colder air in from East. Could change into midnight"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: excessive

moderate snow here now and from what i can see from the charts going to carry on for a while

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Everybody stop playing monopoly.look at the latest precip type on 18z GFS t18---t27 all pink for are area,and we know how accurate that is ..... :rofl:

Posted

Everybody stop playing monopoly.look at the latest precip type on 18z GFS t18---t27 all pink for are area,and we know how accurate that is ..... :rofl:

is it coming woooooooooo