Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

if it ever turns up..

If you're still here at midnight then I'm willing to bet that there will be something icy in the air :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

IMO if its not snowing by midnight then thats our chance gone.

Wrong. Go check the NAE High Res over at Weatheronline. The link you want is

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=201202091200&VAR=prty&HH=18&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

That will give you the best idea of what is going to happen.

Posted

Just been updated. http://www.metoffice..._medium=twitter

An area of snow over parts of east and southeast England later on Thursday will continue to extend steadily southwestwards into central and some southwestern parts of England, as well as the east of Wales.

WOO HOO Hello! Gawd blimey, I think I am talking to myself on here! Figured if I start moaning then someone may pay attention! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

I love how dark it is in our road, but we don't have a lampost handy for this sort of occasion! It's actually very hard to see whether it's snowing from inside at night. We have an outside light, but it's under the porch - you can get a clue if you look carefully.

I love how dark it is in our road, but we don't have a lampost handy for this sort of occasion! It's actually very hard to see whether it's snowing from inside at night. We have an outside light, but it's under the porch - you can get a clue if you look carefully.

Nice to know that a neighbour is as snow mad as me! Snow stopped for now. The real stuff should be with us by midnight, fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

WOO HOO Hello! Gawd blimey, I think I am talking to myself on here! Figured if I start moaning then someone may pay attention! lol

I know the feeling!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.

Latest forecast for Glos is snow from around 10.00 pm till 1.00am and freeze after. Snow continues to move south westwards.

Source: alex deakin BBC news at 9.00

Posted

It's just upgraded. Jesus christ almighty I am losing patience now! :D

it has though.. you put your postcode in the postcode thing downgraded for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Just been updated. http://www.metoffice..._medium=twitter

An area of snow over parts of east and southeast England later on Thursday will continue to extend steadily southwestwards into central and some southwestern parts of England, as well as the east of Wales.

TAG! - Im in again

( Still think the metoffice are barking up a non existent tree )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snow

Nice to know that a neighbour is as snow mad as me! Snow stopped for now. The real stuff should be with us by midnight, fingers crossed.

Yes, fingers crossed. I feel a bit more hopeful now than I did a few hours ago. I should be getting an early night tonight as I am out tomorrow night, but I can't see it happening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, wind. Hot summer days.

lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

The last frame of the NW precip type radar just made me smile...

Posted

Does anyone know if Raintoday is accurate? I put in my town in and it came up with ice pellets for now at light rain at midnight and yet on their radar it looks like loads of rain/snow heading straight for us. I dont think my new amature weather career is going to last long, Iv no idea what it all means!

Posted

Oooh this is pretty and getting closer. Add the 'full' picture and the pink blob is getting a lot bigger and getting a lot closer. I would imagine that this is a good thing yes?

post-9441-0-72880300-1328821749_thumb.pn

post-9441-0-66390000-1328821853_thumb.pn

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Temp has dropped 1c to 1.7c now in the space of 45 minutes, dewpoint also slowly falling sitting at 0.7c now. A sign of the colder air coming in ?

Radar wise, I'm watching the PPN travelling down E Wales, seems to be intensifying and very slowly filling in the gap between the two bands? Maybe it's just me looking at it wrong..

Edited by Bugganuts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

it has though.. you put your postcode in the postcode thing downgraded for me.

I think your better off watching a movie,reading a book ,playing monopoly.....anything but being negative on here ......aaaaarrrrgggggggggg :good:

The met office warning is only a yellow, which they dish out willy-nilly and doesnt really suggest much in the way of sever weather. In Jan 2009 i think it was we had a red warning and only got about 10cm the movement of the band changed at the last minute.

To be fair it is snowing lightly here, but the already wet ground and borderline temps could mean we see nothing more than a few sleety deposits on cars etc.