Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Posted

Just been listening to Laura Marling... never love England more than when covered in snow

Seriously cold here tonight, breath rising vertically, crystals of light flickering out of the snow, feels like I am back in the high Alps sleeping above the clouds waiting for the early hours push across the crevasse field and on up towards the tops (never got there, but boy was it something else...)

Posted

Just been listening to Laura Marling... never love England more than when covered in snow

Seriously cold here tonight, breath rising vertically, crystals of light flickering out of the snow, feels like I am back in the high Alps sleeping above the clouds waiting for the early hours push across the crevasse field and on up towards the tops (never got there, but boy was it something else...)

The Alps - pah, nothing. In the valleys in the south east we will get temperatures lower than -15c tonight

Posted

I must admit as someone trying to learn more, I find it quite frustrating when obviously well meaning folk post charts with a vague comment attached. It would help so much more if they could expend at least a little more information. Im not having a go, just saying.

I agree it would be helpful.

There is a learning thread in here somewhere. I have read a few and are pretty easy to read for the novice but having said that I still wouldn't have a clue how to properly read any charts to forecast weather

Posted

The Alps - pah, nothing. In the valleys in the south east we will get temperatures lower than -15c tonight

That would be quite something; not impossible, but let's see! I will wager, confidently, that there are fewer crevasses here than in the Alps (if you exclude potholes)

Posted

In priory park on the recomedation of great plum. Had no snow where I live so went to find some it is very very pretty here and the light breeze is causing snow to fall from the trees little fluffy flakes in the sun it is wonderful

Hello SQO, really glad your liked our 'local'! Hope you brought your dog. And well done GP for the recommendation.

Posted

Hello SQO, really glad your liked our 'local'! Hope you brought your dog. And well done GP for the recommendation.

Great Plum is Great Plum, there's only one GP.

Posted

Out in central London - back home and it's

-10.5oC here. Bone chilling cold out there! I mean proper proper cold. I remember landing in Montreal last year and in absolute shock at the cold there.

Tonight feels just the same as that!

A real winters night - beautiful :-)

Posted

I was here before Mr Point...

-9.4c at Charlwood!

and Joseph was around before Jesus, but one was a carpenter while the other was, arguably, the saviour of mankind.

-9.9C in South Farnborough.

Posted

I know Anthony... I just went outside to see how cold it was... I came back in post haste!

and Joseph was around before Jesus, but one was a carpenter while the other was, arguably, the saviour of mankind.

-9.9C in South Farnborough.

Good point...

Well, call me Matt then! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Both Writtle College and Andrewsfield near Braintree (Official MO and WMO stations) are below -10C now.

A chilly -9C here in the Essex hills currently :)

Edited by essexweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Crisping the snow cover over! had 2 maybe 3 inches thursday night into early hours of friday, looked amazing friday morning, every thing was covered, every tree branch/twig the lot, nice that it was no wind or calm as that helped to keep the snow in place on the trees.

Freezing out there, severe cold for sure! its quite a wonder to what could happen next with the general setup of the weather, i am going for keep the cold with higher risk of further snow fall, i think EA/SE is going to freeze for many weeks with just brief milder temps, mostly cold and snow rather then rain and mild, ive said this for a long time, and am keeping to it because i don this a pattern shift from this for weeks.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

checking stations see if can find any record lows yet!

Posted
Posted · Hidden by ZONE 51, February 11, 2012 - meant to put on last post
Hidden by ZONE 51, February 11, 2012 - meant to put on last post

Massive list of local weather stations if you scroll down below the map

Posted

Can feel the cold coming of the windows! with heating on! just checked around local areas and its near -10C in places and widespread -4/-5C

http://www.weatherstations.co.uk/aws_map.htm - below map-lots of weather stations

**VERY COLD/SEVERE COLD OUTSIDE**

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

Woke up and checked thermometer. -8.9c here in Stanmore near Harrow. Impressively Cold ! ! !

Posted

-17.6c at Chesham lol ! ! Nearly 0f . . . Very Impressive Indeed .

Posted

-17.7c Chesham at 04.28. A Tad Chilly ! ! !