Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Dropped to -5.2 on ramsgates sunny coast , 8th day of good lying snow to boot ,off sledging now wth kids , should be nice and fast as it will be frozen solid..[i think this is the last 24hr period of proper cold mind] :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

well somewhere in surrey recorded minus 18.4 according to the bbc. Probably Wisley

Posted

think we will get fairly low temps tonight before midnight too, maybe around -5 here,what everyones thoughts on the freezing rain, sleety stuff we may get later tonight?, looks like being a very icey mess out there in morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Hello guys in the south east i must say i didnt realise the extent of the cold and snow you guys were having down there!! A week of lying snow and minus 10 sound like heaven when compared to the snow free and tropical northeast, lol ENJOY!!!

Posted

Met office for Canterbury through to gravesend -1c and snow from 9am through to midday? Would be nice but I doubt it....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

That really is a couple of stunning images there pp.

yeh.. I would have loved to take those photos myself but I'm far too fat, old and ugly to make it as an astronaut :lol:

I'm fascinated by those images tho... kind of puts us mere mortals into perspective

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted

Been freezing out there all day and the -6°C we had locally last night was getting up to -8°C further North where we keep our horse. Thank god he was still warm and toasty last night as he isn't stabled - don't think I'd like to be out there in just a blanket tonight!

post-6667-0-14169100-1328976678_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-46196900-1328976691_thumb.jp

Must have been cold as the other owners in the feed store were talking about record breaking cold temps, were any records broken locally last night???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Cloudy, Warm (Not Hot) Winter: Thundersnow

Met office for Canterbury through to gravesend -1c and snow from 9am through to midday? Would be nice but I doubt it....

I'll go and check met office site for that!

Posted

-1.5c here. We got down to -8c last night, which is very cold for here on the Essex coast. I wonder if we can go lower tonight?.. Met and GFS go for something wintry around 8am tomorrow. Any comment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry

We recorded the garden going down to -10.2 in rural Petworth over night, it was still at -8.1 at 8am. Went up to a balmy plus 2 this afternoon but now dropping rapidy again and already at -0.7 so we are in for another cold one tonight. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Posted

Well we shall see.... Are the models throwing a strop like after last weekends snow? Will we get anymore tomoz? Interesting times......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Crazy drop here in Hove, at 1640 it was 1.1C, in just 1 hour it has dropped to -1.6C!

Posted

I found an amazing little frost hollow in Hertfordshire last night. I got a reading of -15 on my car and that was while the engine was hot so it could have been lower! I was curious so I got outside the car and could instantly feel the snot in my nose begin to freeze. Can honestly say I've never felt so cold in my life.

As for tonight -2.2 atm after top temp today of 0.2.

Posted

Woke up at 7am ,and my weather station was reading -9.1c. That is the lowest i've recorded since having it (about 3 years). Already -2.8c now, os another cold night to follow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hello guys in the south east i must say i didnt realise the extent of the cold and snow you guys were having down there!! A week of lying snow and minus 10 sound like heaven when compared to the snow free and tropical northeast, lol ENJOY!!!

. Hello to you in the north! I just got back from ne England, Newcastle and then kielder observatory. Ne england is just wonderful. Was a bit of icy snow up at kielder very high up, and surrounding mountains, but clear at lower levels. The locals were remarking how snowless this winter had been so far! It wasnt too cold during our visit temp wide, but wed and thur had biting easterly winds. Back in London now, it's freezing already!!

Posted

Fabulous on Colley Hill this morning. The walk in was foot-compacted so the snow was like a high quality piste, cold enough to squeak underfoot. Got to the 'bomb hole' which was partially denuded of snow, where the slope faced the sun, but the lower half that had only a glancing blow from above was snow covered and incredibly hard and icy. Which meant (and here is the good bit) that it was as fast as anything for sledging. Me and the 3 children, interchangeable combinations of personnel, the cheap plastic sledges were transformed into luges, at least for the 40 metres we all travelled on each run (and 45 metres once when my daughter and I went right off the edge, heading directly towards Dorking 5 miles west). Being accompanied all the way down by the frantically barking and madly excited cocker just added to the fun. There were some fields off the beaten track that were utterly pristine, not a trace of anything on them, with ice crystals burning the retina as they leapt into life.

AS