Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

-13.2c here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Likes hot weather. Don't like the cold.

-9.1c in Sidcup on the A20. Be careful out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

its apparently -13c out there in Fav :cold:

Posted

The coldest I have ever experienced in England was in the early 80's when i was working on the construction of the cross channel power transfer station at Sellindge near Ashford in Kent.We had had alot of snow previously and had needed to follow a snow plough to get to work so temperatures were already quite low but this morning I pulled up at work and got out the car to see this amazing site of trees completely white from top to bottom and as you breathed the moisture in your breath froze and sparkled.On getting to the office the old min max gauge said - 26c,this was later confirmed by the CEGB control room.I believe it was very near the record but we never found out the true temperature to a couple of decimal points. :cold:

Posted

Damn it was cold here last night too!!! -6.1 °C overnight in the garden, not at all usual for coastal Eastbourne.

I'm just popping outside to break a dog off a lamp post......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

My weather station official minimum -8.2 at 7.33am 3m above ground, but the woodshed sensor is usually 0.5 - 1c lower at 1m above ground. 8-10c in the bathroom with thick ice on the inside of the window - not looking forward to that shower!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

-5.8C here overnight, almost -6C then! sounds like the SE has widespread had a super cold night, going to Storrington (West Sussex) later and they were -8C overnight :cold: looking foward to a frozen duck pond!

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted

Got down to -9.4c at 638am this morning. Other places in Essex were widely between -9c and -15c and with those dewpoints at between -8c and -16c it was amazingly cold.

Meto going for a gradual warm up this week now though but it was nice to get some temperatures comparable to the 09/10 and 10/11 winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

check this site out at around 1pm today for a fabulous shot of the UK - looks to be quite clear for the picture

http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/imagery/subsets/?project=&subset=United_Kingdom_Ireland&date=02%2F10%2F2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Checked outside and cup of water was frozen solid top to bottom, grass is frozen hard and still -1C outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

-7.3c here on the Essex coast which could be our coldest night for over 20 years!