Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Hello dee dee welcome to the mad world of searching for the next bit of the White stuff

Coast is right still a few more weeks for things to change

Then this forum really gets buzzing

Here's hoping

Posted

I know things have warmed up a tad, but that just takes the Mickey!!! :doh:

An ice cream van has just pulled up outside the factory with 'whistle while you work' blaring out from the siren!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

An ice cream van has just pulled up outside the factory with 'whistle while you work' blaring out from the siren!

I know it's much warmer down there on the sunny south coast .....

post-10773-0-49539800-1329313454_thumb.j

...but surely it's not that hot today !

Posted

Unlikely to deliver for this region.

Temperatures will be 5-6c on Sunday across most of the region, possibly 7c on the south coast.

Of more interest is the very slim possibility (circa 10%) of a cold easterly end of February / early March.

Edited by mulzy

Posted

Rtavn8417.png

Rtavn9017.png

Rtavn9617.png

:p

i think the easterly towards end of month is worth watching closely

ensembles have a few runs picking this up

interesting model watching again

Edited by john pike

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian

Rubbish to say that the snow would all be gone in one day if it snowed in mid February. To cite extreme but by no means unique examples, in 1963 we had no thaw until March 6 and the sun was no stronger on good ol' Blighty then than it is now. In 1947 it was March 10 before there was any discernible thaw. February was, is, and shall always remain a solid winter month regardless of trends. And in case you still think I speak with a forked tongue, I was standing in a shivering tennis court on Feb 14th 1979 to be told by our headmaster that there was no fuel to heat the school, it was -3 and we were all to be sent home. Try the link below. Quod erat demonstrandum.

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/twocontent.aspx?type=bg&id=1625

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=264&code=11&mode=0&carte=0

yellow ensemble run is very cold

MT8_London_ens.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png

more agreement on the 00z run for a colder spell from the 25th

long way to go but looking more interesting now :)

Posted

Winter needs to go now..The sun is getting stronger and stronger every day..So IF it did snow..It would all be gone in one day...Bring on a warm spring and BBQ summer !!!Oh and thunderstorms... ;)

I'll agree with the last parts, but Winter may still hold a surprise or two. This blokes glass remains half full, and its the half where I can still get a decent drink out of it!!!

Cheers! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Didn't we also have a late October snowfall very recently, re the last paragraph in the second link? I have a Northampton football game issue in my mind.

Posted

Didn't we also have a late October snowfall very recently, re the last paragraph in the second link? I have a Northampton football game issue in my mind.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/29/weather-london

october 2008 :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Rubbish to say that the snow would all be gone in one day if it snowed in mid February. To cite extreme but by no means unique examples, in 1963 we had no thaw until March 6 and the sun was no stronger on good ol' Blighty then than it is now. In 1947 it was March 10 before there was any discernible thaw. February was, is, and shall always remain a solid winter month regardless of trends. And in case you still think I speak with a forked tongue, I was standing in a shivering tennis court on Feb 14th 1979 to be told by our headmaster that there was no fuel to heat the school, it was -3 and we were all to be sent home. Try the link below. Quod erat demonstrandum.

http://www.theweathe...type=bg&id=1625

Not only that but a couple of years ago the March/April snow lasted for several days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

http://www.theweathe...type=bg&id=1625

I remember that we didn't go to school on the Thursday and Friday of the mid February spell. We also had a pretty major snowfall in mid March of that year too - 6 inches, but pretty much all gone in a day.

We also had snowflakes in the air around May Day - I remember our primary class dancing around the maypole in the cold and myself thinking 'thanks Mr Newman!' - our teacher.

Posted

Winter needs to go now..The sun is getting stronger and stronger every day..So IF it did snow..It would all be gone in one day...Bring on a warm spring and BBQ summer !!!Oh and thunderstorms... ;)

Oh I don't know... I'd like just one more chance at some snow this winter before wanting Spring and Summer to arrive.

Although this winter wasn't as good as last years, I'm just grateful we had enough snow to build a snowman with. I remember many a winter since 1991 when we've been lucky to see a snow flake in the SE, let alone hope any would settle!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I know some have had lying snow for a number of days but here in London it was only a couple really :(

I'm afraid unless there is a suprise at the end of them month then this winter really has been back to what it was before the amazing ones of the last 2 years.

Fingers crossed for one last snowy blast :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian

Thanks Mr Pike, good to see that we are singing from the same hymn sheet!