Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - May 2012

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

looking good for many tonight , main thrust heading west but plenty of storms im sure will break out ahead of main area . 30/40 min ago here on mendip we had very very large spots ,just odd ones every now and again .i looked on radar but no echos at all , must be mighty interesting up there ,plenty of energy lets hope it can get itself organised . i think kent london east mid ,dorset hampshire could be doing very well come 10pm .lets hope it follows motorway west .the storm troops are now massing just north of dunkirk ,will they make it across the sea to our shores , im getting an early night just incase the fireworks start ,anybody had any action yet ,cheers legritter

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Thunderstorms in ea now, grrrrrr so far expected :(

Edited by Victor Meldrew

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Dount we will see anything this far west but its going to be interesting watching everything evolve over the next few hours. I'd kill for a storm lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

A LINE ANGLESEY TO SWANSEA

TO WEYMOUTH TO LE-HAVRE, THIS LINE MOVING W AT 15KT:

GEN 15KM IN OCNL RA, WITH 3-6/8CUSC 1500-3000FT/8000, AND

6-8/8ACAS 8000FT/15000.

OCNL 7KM IN RA, WITH 0-5/8ST 700FT/1500, AND 8/8SCAC

1500FT/15000.

ISOL E, 3000M IN HVY RA OR TSRA, WITH 8/8SCAC

1500FT/18000, AND EMBD CB 3000-5000FT/20000.

WRNG: HILL FG. MOD ICE AND MOD TURB IN CLD. SEV TURB AND

SEV ICE IN CB. TS.

Is it me..Or as it head in land onto our shores its VERY slowly being pulled South..

6-8/8ACAS 8000FT/15000.

1500FT/15000.

SEV ICE IN CB. TS.

Yo alien! Translate dis yeh, us earthlings have not a clue!

Posted

Clouds look thundery yet no lightning im getting disapointed i think iv been waiting long enough for a storm.

Posted

Is it me..Or as it head in land onto our shores its VERY slowly being pulled South..

Yo alien! Translate dis yeh, us earthlings have not a clue!

Hello Surrey,translate that please.blum.gif

Posted

Could be some active weather for you guys in the South tonight, but will they maintain their intensity, i'm going to stay up tonight just too keep an eye on radar, as i've seen so many failed attempts like this with either the channel or N sea killing it, also quite a difference in energy.

I know it's a different type of setup, but other than the odd rumble of 2 of thunder (IC) cannot see it being much of an event apart from some very heavy rain for many southern and eastern areas, can only do the drought down there good :)

lewis

Posted

That's actually a weather thing not much of an aviation thing.... know your cloud types dudes/ladies :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Clouds look thundery yet no lightning im getting disapointed i think iv been waiting long enough for a storm.

ALD shows strikes around Yate and Wickwar/Tetbury area! Not far away from us! Look North! Lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

That's actually a weather thing not much of an aviation thing.... know your cloud types dudes/ladies biggrin.png

WRNG: HILL FOG. MOD ICE AND MOD TURBO IN CLD. SEV TURBO

:p :p :p

Turbo weather ftw!

Posted

This one caught me off guard, just goes to show if you take your eyes off the screen for even a day it's amazing just how quickly things can change. Caught the Northwest Tonight forecast saying the heavy rain is expected in the south of the region by mid-morning and later on in the afternoon heavier pulses with the risk of thunder also expected embedded in the front.

Posted

ALD shows strikes around Yate and Wickwar/Tetbury area! Not far away from us! Look North! Lol!

Got the windows open cant see any lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Has anyone noticed how long Sundays low has sat in the Atlantic..That has got some energy to last that long lol!

Yes Ive noticed that, earlier models on Sunday and even monday were showing the low hanging in the Atlantic all week, then re attacking us from the SW to give a washout Sunday 6th May, but models thankfully dropped the idea around tuesdays 00Z

Yes Ive noticed that, earlier models on Sunday and even monday were showing the low hanging in the Atlantic all week, then re attacking us from the SW to give a washout Sunday 6th May, but models thankfully dropped the idea around tuesdays 00Z

Thats manic! Where is it getting all it's fuel..And it's not a baby either a good 300 miles from side to side lol! probs more it's just touching North Africa!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Think the top part of that cell has just reached me I live a few miles to the NW of Yate. Just started pouring down with rain big time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

One of your infamous 'washouts' eh Mark?.....Haven't seen one of your forecasted washouts yet matey and I only live 5 miles from you! laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

<p>

Who is Thor?? Who is Thor?? Only our God!!

Innit tho - see my tagline.

I think we should kick Robbie off the site, not knowing who Thor is? Shockingnonono.gif

tongue.png

Posted
  • Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs (Weekends) - RAF Benson, Oxon (During the week!)
  • Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs (Weekends) - RAF Benson, Oxon (During the week!)

6-8/8ACAS 8000FT/15000.

1500FT/15000.

SEV ICE IN CB. TS.

Robbie, Dude,

I have, in a roundabout way tried to get you to stop continually posting 'Aviation' weather reports/TAF's/METARS etc willy nilly in the past. Truth is, these quotes don't always add much to the conversation and tend to instill more confusion than they generate; With their very specific formats & acronyms which often only benefit professional aviators travelling through/around certain features... Like I have previously stated, I appreciate your enthusiasm and the fact that you are broadening YOUR understanding of one aspect of your aviation studies but PLEASE, start your own thread where these things can be discussed if you feel the need. Those of us who get it will happily join you and thus exponentially increase your learning rate...

Sorry all, I know I am kinda going off topic myself but these things do not help the 'convective' discussion & it just makes the professional aviators amongst us look like knobs! :) (Pardon my French) ! :)

Have a good night all & Fingers Crossed for some action for those of us who are lucky enough... Get the cameras charged & at the ready!

Posted

Innit tho - see my tagline.

I think we should kick Robbie off the site, not knowing who Thor is? Shockingnonono.gif

tongue.png

Nonsense,

Explain!!

Posted

It's on the General Aviation website for the Metoffice aviation section....??? Professional pilots are provided with far more detailed information, as well as specific notams for en-route as well as diversion alternates. They also provided with a route plog, and specific en-route metars for enroute diverts as well as destination weather and alternate aerodrome information.