Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 7th 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Here we go again....another wet Friday to look forward to unsure.png

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth & Brighton and Hove

valid from 0005 Fri 13 Jul to 2359 Fri 13 Jul

Yellow Alert of Rain for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

valid from 0005 Fri 13 Jul to 2359 Fri 13 Jul

Issued at - 10 Jul 2012, 12:31

Outbreaks of heavy rain are likely in most areas of England and Wales (except the far north) during Friday.

The public should be aware that given ongoing near-saturated conditions, some localised flooding may result

...............It's also Friday the 13th ph34r.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The radar looks interesting to me for most of our area. Scattered heavy showers are popping up. There's also sunshine where I am, so this should help convection. Another wait and see afternoon I suppose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

BBC forecast wittered on about heavy rain/TS for East Anglia. Basic default greyness as usual - why on earth do they bother with a forecast? rofl.gif

Guest archiesmummy

Here we go again....another wet Friday to look forward to unsure.png

...............It's also Friday the 13th ph34r.png

See Friday 13th is lucky for me I was born on Friday 13th....errr leave it everyone! Lol

Anyway I like John Pikes post about some sun and high temps middle to end of July...gives us something to look forward to, I might be able to get out in that green thing with a patio and BBQ, think they call it a garden?!

Posted

I might be able to get out in that green thing with a patio and BBQ, think they call it a garden?!

Currently my patio is the green thing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

The floods of this summer will probably seem tame if we end up getting above average rainfall in the autumn and winter. Would i be right in thinking that starting off those seasons with the ground already saturated and water tables high could be pretty dodgy.....given that, after a couple of years with below average rainfall for those seasons, we might expect things to go the other way?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I just got back from the Post Office in time, I thought I would wander up there in my lunch break as it was sunny and now it's like a monsoon out there, 5 minutes earlier and I would have been soaked !

Posted

BBC forecast wittered on about heavy rain/TS for East Anglia. Basic default greyness as usual - why on earth do they bother with a forecast? rofl.gif

yes, spot on. same old rubbish here weather its summer or winter, dry dry dry. any ppn refuses to fall from the sky in central ea. i really dont know what all this talk of wet weather comes from from an imby perspective. forcasters genuinely should state that the forecast covers the u.k accept for central ea, as it has its own climate where any ppn fades to nothing. if you are thinking im messing around, next time any showers, frontal rain or snow crosses the region, just watch the radar and see it fade to nothing, then pep up again once its crossed the region. this happens every time, without fail. it rellally does annoy me, especially in winter.

Posted

Pretty much the same in SE Essex SP!

Every shower dissipates to nothingness, the only way we can get heavy showers is from a Westerly or West South Westerly and only then it just about clips us. My garden welcomed the rain the other day other than that we are just a little above average for the time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I see there's lightning in Lincolnshire AGAIN! I'm sure I read a post a few days ago, on one of the forums saying that Lincs isn't favoured.rofl.gif

If I was Keraunophile, I'd start radar watching now too...

Just got in from work so I'm going to have a look see what's occurring. Had heavy rain here between 11/12. We want STORMS. :D

Posted

Just got in from work so I'm going to have a look see what's occurring. Had heavy rain here between 11/12. We want STORMS. biggrin.png

I think that earlier shower produced lightning just north of Norwich, probably just out of earshot!

Posted

Pretty much the same in SE Essex SP!

Every shower dissipates to nothingness, the only way we can get heavy showers is from a Westerly or West South Westerly and only then it just about clips us. My garden welcomed the rain the other day other than that we are just a little above average for the time of year.

indeed, im glad its not just me!

I think that earlier shower produced lightning just north of Norwich, probably just out of earshot!

Just got in from work so I'm going to have a look see what's occurring. Had heavy rain here between 11/12. We want STORMS. biggrin.png

Type TW208PS in the radar..Those cells around me have produced me 1 strike and thunder the rain Well I got a vid to upload in a bit I have never seen rain so heavy!

Posted

Type TW208PS in the radar..Those cells around me have produced me 1 strike and thunder the rain Well I got a vid to upload in a bit I have never seen rain so heavy!

Done it. It looks like there are a few flashes and bangs a few miles to your northwest too, around Maidenhead.

You've got pretty lucky today then. I guess some you win, most you lose, in these events.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

is there a reason that the ATD lightning detector doesn't detect lightning over the london area?

Posted

Another dry day, dont ask me how but yet again we have missed every single shower, most down to the South of us, a few recently just skimming to the North and the ones to the South West once again peter out as they leave London.

Off to cut the grass again, rofl.gif

SS9 must be one of the driest postcodes in England!

Posted

Another dry day, dont ask me how but yet again we have missed every single shower

SS9 must be one of the driest postcodes in England!

If I could transport the amount we've had just today, I'd send it your way. But there isn't a bulk carrier ship big enough to take it, yet small enough to dock off Southend Pier!

Your time will come soon Paul.......

5657872138_5634dc5589.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Oh well, that's ruddy typical. It was very dark though and I did keep poking my bonce through the window. Meah! :(

Edited by Keraunophile

Posted

Oh well, that's ruddy typical. It was very dark though and I did keep poking my bonce through the window. Meah! sad.png

Keep an eye on that stuff to your west, heading your way. It doesn't look too potent, but you never know, it could fire up... Showers have been strengthening over east Norfolk today.

Edit, I should say that the earlier shower was not a major lightning show or anything like that, more like the very odd flash, so you didn't miss much in that respect.

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Never heard a thing - mind you one of my dogs went into thunder mode earlier! That definitely doesn't count rofl.gif At this rate I might have enough rumbles of thunder collected to make up a single storm clapping.gif