Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 7th 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Snow, Heatwaves and extreme weather.

On the NW Radar each of these storms we've had this afternoon pop into life as they pass dorking - looks like a couple more in the way if the previous two are anything to go by - are they expected to continue into the evening?

It looks like it but surely they cant be as bad. The first was amazing the second well quite remarkable in intensity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Friends over near Gt Yarmouth have had a stonking storm - which of course was the one which left here without so much as a murmur. Typical.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Looks like the action has moved further north in the afternoon, anyone in Crawley/M23 area had any good storms today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

On the c2c train back from Fenchurch St- the cloudscapes are immense! Completely missed C London - hope I can catch up on some action at home :)

Posted

Some pictures of Storms 2 & 3 Today.

Storm 2 was at 1415z and was easily the most active, this ran across South London and went straight east and along the Thames Estuary to my South, easily saw 20-30 Cgs with this but only caught a slight part of the rain, this had some decent rotation along the gust front.

post-24-0-13791300-1342026559_thumb.jpg - Approaching from the West

post-24-0-42213900-1342026596_thumb.jpg - Lots of Cg's were falling into the Rain area under the base, some small rotation also noted along the gust front

Then another Storm followed exactly the same path as the 1415z one and hit at about 1635z, this had much better structure but only a handful of Cg's and lots of intercloud rumbles

post-24-0-24694800-1342026702_thumb.jpg - Again this followed the Estuary perfectly

Now black again but a bit further to the south, probably the Crawley storm moving towards the east to my south.

Posted

Well after all my moaning please have a look at the sky here in Hendon NW London and beleive that mass is swirling. And temp has got decideldy cooler in last two minutes a perceptive chill in the air could be a down draft but not sure

post-9094-0-49669600-1342027063_thumb.jp

Edited by Swave Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Ooooh little bit of thunder going on here.

Posted

It has all moved off to the east and it is brightening up now.

But as I type things seem to be approaching from the North West , who knows, this is definitely better for this area. acute.gif

But things seem to be racing through very quickly.

Edited by Swave Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Some pictures of Storms 2 & 3 Today.

Storm 2 was at 1415z and was easily the most active, this ran across South London and went straight east and along the Thames Estuary to my South, easily saw 20-30 Cgs with this but only caught a slight part of the rain, this had some decent rotation along the gust front.

post-24-0-13791300-1342026559_thumb.jpg - Approaching from the West

post-24-0-42213900-1342026596_thumb.jpg - Lots of Cg's were falling into the Rain area under the base, some small rotation also noted along the gust front

Then another Storm followed exactly the same path as the 1415z one and hit at about 1635z, this had much better structure but only a handful of Cg's and lots of intercloud rumbles

post-24-0-24694800-1342026702_thumb.jpg - Again this followed the Estuary perfectly

Now black again but a bit further to the south, probably the Crawley storm moving towards the east to my south.

Amazing! Can't understand why we get similar here without so much as a rumble - very very annoying!!!!

Posted

No real luck here today, apart from the odd rumble, its mainly just been moderate to heavy showers... Anything more convective has mainly gone north of us sadly!

Posted

2 major storms in Reigate between 3:45 and 6pm. Thunder, lots of lightning, torrential rain and quite large hail - the works!

Was walking 2 of the children home when the 3:45 storm hit - drenched in no time. Driving back through Reigate from the squash club at 5:45 there was some proper flooding that I had to drive through - low speed, high revs, stuff I remembered from somewhere! They were just closing the road as we drove through.

Sun is out now and it's quiet, like you'd never have known. Is that it for the day I wonder?

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Lovely thunderstorm overhead just now good.gif

Guest archiesmummy

Still going here, proper thunder! Huge doughnut shaped cloud that didn't last very long..lovely!

Posted

Storm number 3 on its way to Southend by the look of it!

I can't believe how quick they are springing up still that one thats just hit leatherhead started 30-45 mins as hardly anything in the woking area!

Posted

Has the wind changed direction? The showers were moving south east but the new line to the NW of London seems to be taking a more easterly swing in the last couple of returns?

Posted

Plenty of thunder and lightning ten mins ago, but no rain! That's just arrived, falling like stair rods!