Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 7th 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Nothing here in Ipswich and I'm not hopeful at all now. Never mind. :(

Posted

The Southern leg of the M25 Surrey into Kent has just seen one all mighty storm, we were under purple (rain map) @100mm p/hr a little while ago. Hail, lightening and I actually ran out of the conservatory because I thought the roof would come in. The weather warnings have this stuff further south across Sussex? Some of these clouds look mighty mean and I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere has hard mini tornadoes?

Yes Maidstone its coming right at you!

Edited by HighPressure

Posted

Reigate was pretty much flooded by the time I left work at 5.15 this evening. My walk is normally a pleasant walk through the town centre, over Cockshot Hill to Woodhstch... Not today! Rain of biblical proportions was falling; we already had a thunderstorm that knocked out work's phones... At the Bell Street junction, water was approaching a foot deep (I had to cross!) and manholes were gushing with water!

Outside Reigate school, cars could only pass with care!

There is still hail in my back garden 2 hours after it finished... Madness!

Posted

Was on the very cusp of a storm rumbling away over towards Essex (around 6.30pm - 7.30pm). If I opened the windows, held my breath and prayed that a car didn't pass, I could just about make out the quietest of rumbles...

Posted

just had a not too far away rumble of thunder followed by another closer one and now it is raining very hard. Is it seconds out, round 3?!

Eldest has D of E Friday night in the Surrey Hills - pitching camp on higher ground probably the best option (or a B&B - probably mean a fail though)

Posted

Some of these clouds look mighty mean and I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere has hard mini tornadoes?

Yes Maidstone its coming right at you!

Unfortunately there is no such thing, there might be small tornadic spin ups today though, but they are definately Tornadoes and there is nothing "mini" about them. good.gif

Posted

just had a not too far away rumble of thunder followed by another closer one and now it is raining very hard. Is it seconds out, round 3?!

Eldest has D of E Friday night in the Surrey Hills - pitching camp on higher ground probably the best option (or a B&B - probably mean a fail though)

Unsurprisingly we have the same here! Re your eldest, isn't there still a youth hostel at Holmbury?

Posted

Unfortunately there is no such thing, there might be small tornadic spin ups today though, but they are definately Tornadoes and there is nothing "mini" about them. good.gif

Have there been any reported tornadoes today?

Posted

Dont think so, Not seen any reports of Tornadoes or Funnel Clouds today anywhere.

Posted

Well YokTok, i'm just east of you in Oxted and we've been having what you have about 15 minutes after. But ATM here we have bright sun to the north night time black to the south hail and thunder...I love summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

oh and again the radar shows the storms tantalisingly close to me..south this time. I can see them too but cant experience them .....aggressive.gifnonono.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well apart from some very heavy rain at lunchtime which I got caught in as I left my lunch date in the CBX building and some even heavier stuff a while ago here it's been mostly blue sky and sunshine until an hour or so ago....

...now it's just dirty grey stuff ....not 'the book' the clouds that is whistling.gif

I did think we were having some hail and thunder earlier but it turned out to be the kittens who had managed to get some polished pebbles out of a candle holder and were rolling them round on the wooden floor in the living room doh.gif

........Anyway well done to all of you who got lucky today good.gif

Posted

Day has just turned to night here in last 5 minutes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Inadvertently chased the one that came through Thurrock about and hour and a half ago on my way home from work, driving alongside some pretty cool CG lightning in torrential rain on the A13 made it hard not to crash the car.... :D Cleared up a bit now, although looking at the radar there's quite a lot going on/coming in, and not that far away!! good.gif

Posted

Got a few strikes and thunder on the video setting through my new camera but now it appears the SD card has messed up, bit unfortunate as I had some good pics on it. Was working earlier...tut

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Light rain here. The most action I've seen today apart from storm clouds and a very distant lightning flash.

Oh well, plenty more time this summer!biggrin.png