Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 20th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Also I bet Stoke is loving the fact they are the only area in the entire UK that is getting a heavy shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Well I ate my own home made chilli at lunchtime, made with a few scotch bonnets (with seeds) - at least one per chilli portion, so I guess there are two of us! Others said it smelt nice though!laugh.png

SCOTCH BONNETS! Hard core or what. Phew! I'd need a fire extinguisher to go with that. :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

SCOTCH BONNETS! Hard core or what. Phew! I'd need a fire extinguisher to go with that. ohmy.png

Lol!

For a short while (I haven't seen any recently) my local Tesco superstore sold Dorset Naga chillies (described as 'the hottest' on the pack, rather than merely 'extra hot,' as Scotch Bonnets are)

I bought a packet, a few months ago, which actually only contained a couple and took them down to my local pub. As there were no takers, I decided to eat one raw. A seriously hot mouth for about 10 minutes followed, but I had beer nearby and I'd eaten it on a full stomach, so after 10 minutes all was fine. Several hours later, there were still no takers for the second one, so again I ate it myself (good for vitamin C apparentlywink.png ). This time it was on an empty stomach. As soon as I swallowed it, I could feel it burning my stomach and beer made no difference. It took many hours for the sporadic, but major, discomfort to go away, during which time I drank several pints of milk.ohmy.png Luckily I wasn't sick (I very nearly was) Needless to say, I won't pull that stunt again!biggrin.png

Anyway, Sunday looks good for thunder, even if Friday doesn't materialise (Friday will be a close thing imho) Hopefully there will be a window on Saturday, as I'll be out most of the day.unsure.png

Posted

They do say yoghurt is good for burning mouths and tummies after chillies and curries. :)

Ooh i could do with a good storm to break this weather. A real corker of Biblical proportions. :D And yes, Sunday looks good but hope Friday gives us summat. :D

Guest archiesmummy

Quick question....I know nothing forecast for storms tonight but some menacing clouds forming could there be some that just form? Does that happen?

Posted

Quick question....I know nothing forecast for storms tonight but some menacing clouds forming could there be some that just form? Does that happen?

nothing on the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Bit of a breeze here now, it certainly seems to have cooled down a bit......

......well going by the fact that the ice in my drink is taking longer to melt anyway drinks.gif

Posted

Yeah just high based convection due to weak convergence and minimal moisture, wont amount to anything more than high cloud tops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

They do say yoghurt is good for burning mouths and tummies after chillies and curries. smile.png

Ooh i could do with a good storm to break this weather. A real corker of Biblical proportions. biggrin.png And yes, Sunday looks good but hope Friday gives us summat. biggrin.png

Off to London for the Olympics on Sunday, really could do with it being cooler if I'm faced with the dreaded public transport debacle!

Guest archiesmummy

Yeah just high based convection due to weak convergence and minimal moisture, wont amount to anything more than high cloud tops.

Thanks a lot for that, is more cloudy here tonight than of late...

Posted

Very clear here in Ippy tonight with a lovely orange half moon. No wind and still warm but much more pleasant than daytime.

Off to London for the Olympics on Sunday, really could do with it being cooler if I'm faced with the dreaded public transport debacle!

Hope you have a great time NS. If its still like this it'll be a nightmare on the tube though. But by all accounts it will be much cooler. :D

Posted

Evening all

Here in north Pembrokeshire it has been mostly cloudy all day, no warmer than about 19c. Quite a contrast to yesterday and to today at home. We are about 1.5 miles inland here and early morning the sun was pushing for a breakthrough but the cloud was just a little too thick. Drove down to the estuary beach about 10:30 and within a couple of hundred metres of setting off we could see the sea fog hugging the coast. Made the beach very ghostly and beautiful - I was hoping that on gaining a bit of height we might just have had the chance of seeing a Brocken Spectre, but nothing doing. I've never seen one in the flesh - has anyone else?

Been touring art galleries (20th wedding anniversary soon and we've been coming here all that time so want something that reflects this) but managed to fit in a pub lunch in a tiny harbour village where they were selling fresh mackerel from the quayside, landed this morning. Chatting to the fishermen these were line caught with feathers and they had 700 at the start of the day. I bought 5 for the princely sum of £5 (that's £5 for the lot), filleted them myself ( a new skill learnt - tick) and then dipped in seasoned flour and pan fried in oil/butter combo. The freshest, most delicious and best value fish I have ever had. Would have been super healthy too but for the delicious chips and the several large glasses of Semillon. Ah well, at least the cloud cover means the lack of beach body is less of a concern.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

PPVI89.gif?31415

this will be a radar day

dieing front over the south east

plus stuff coming out of france very close

will it wont it?

Posted

May the force be with you along with the army and a few people from G4Sbiggrin.png

Forget G4S they have got DALEK cops drafted in to help with the Olympic security now ...

post-10773-0-54509600-1343253933_thumb.j

...no wonder with some of the strange people you see on buses these days...

post-10773-0-41006400-1343254016_thumb.j

Posted

Independent forecast from 'Gusty' of TheWeatherOutlook.

Edited by Perfect Storm

Posted

SCOTCH BONNETS! Hard core or what. Phew! I'd need a fire extinguisher to go with that. ohmy.png

I've just read a certain book and didn't have to 'google' a thing blush.png

.....but I had no idea what a 'Scotch Bonnet' is.....you must have been 50 shades of RED after eating that Steve C unsure.png

Anyway unless it's my tired and bloodshot eyes the moon looks very red tonight !

Posted

That was a bit hot and steamy...and I think he said something about the weather too !

angel.gif

.....time for bed before I get myself in trouble I think !

Posted

Evening all

Here in north Pembrokeshire it has been mostly cloudy all day, no warmer than about 19c. Quite a contrast to yesterday and to today at home. We are about 1.5 miles inland here and early morning the sun was pushing for a breakthrough but the cloud was just a little too thick. Drove down to the estuary beach about 10:30 and within a couple of hundred metres of setting off we could see the sea fog hugging the coast. Made the beach very ghostly and beautiful - I was hoping that on gaining a bit of height we might just have had the chance of seeing a Brocken Spectre, but nothing doing. I've never seen one in the flesh - has anyone else?

Been touring art galleries (20th wedding anniversary soon and we've been coming here all that time so want something that reflects this) but managed to fit in a pub lunch in a tiny harbour village where they were selling fresh mackerel from the quayside, landed this morning. Chatting to the fishermen these were line caught with feathers and they had 700 at the start of the day. I bought 5 for the princely sum of £5 (that's £5 for the lot), filleted them myself ( a new skill learnt - tick) and then dipped in seasoned flour and pan fried in oil/butter combo. The freshest, most delicious and best value fish I have ever had. Would have been super healthy too but for the delicious chips and the several large glasses of Semillon. Ah well, at least the cloud cover means the lack of beach body is less of a concern.

AS

Freshly caught and cooked mackerel is absolutely superb. I had a similar experience in western Ireland a couple of years ago.

Posted

Why is Macdonalds (arguably the most unhealthy restaurant chain in the world) and Coca-Cola (arguably the most unhealthy drink in the world) both lead sponsors of the olympic games?

Post your answers below.

Edited by Perfect Storm

Posted

I've just read a certain book and didn't have to 'google' a thing blush.png

.....but I had no idea what a 'Scotch Bonnet' is.....you must have been 50 shades of RED after eating that Steve C unsure.png

Anyway unless it's my tired and bloodshot eyes the moon looks very red tonight !

I've grown to appreciate hotter curries through my life... In my teens, my favourite Indian was chicken korma!blush.png

My favourite, for years, has been jalfrezi, although I do ask for it to be spiced to vindaloo strength. I was pleased to see that jalfrezi has become Britain's favourite curry dish recently, replacing chicken tikka masala. Chicken tikka masala is sweet and sickly to my taste buds - never really liked it much.

Posted

Freshly caught and cooked mackerel is absolutely superb. I had a similar experience in western Ireland a couple of years ago.

Those were fresh off the Atlantic then Steve; sounds great. Cutting out the supply chain is definitely the way to go with these beauties! Some people today were BBQing them there and then - probably 2 hours between catching and eating - fantastic. I thought about doing them sashimi but not sure I could have convinced the family, even though they would have been perfect for it.

I need to add a weather comment to avoid being utterly off topic. Um...... mild and calm (will that do?!)

AS

Posted

PPVK89.gif?31415

saturday looks dry ohmy.png

PPVM89.gif?31415

sunday morning looks dry ohmy.png

maybe some possible storms pm?

PPVO89.gif?31415

monday looks dry ohmy.png

is it me or have the charts done a u turn here

as to me they actually look quite pleasant

pleasant as in dry but not this stifling heat we have at present smile.png

Posted

Oh yes! I've been to south west Ireland many times, and fished for mackerel for breakfast on plenty of occasions. Used to get them back 30 mins later, gutted and grilled, and served with fresh lemon juice and soda bread. Lush!

I've fished for mackeral on the south coast here but it never quite matches up.

Back on topic.. hot and sticky tonight, hard to sleep, no breeze. I'm not really complaining though, this weather has allowed me to get out in the countryside today wink.png

Someone else that cant sleep ??