Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2012 / 2013

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Not before you got some serious snowfall out of it though, some serious thames streamers, about a week of heavy snowfall potential for the SE.

http://www.meteociel...0&carte=0&run=2

Nice Greeny High after the breakdown too! :)

Posted

oh there will be lots of cherry picking for the winter have no fear about that-your cherry picking shows nothing though I'm afraid?

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nothing wrong with showing cherry picking charts, it gets people excited of the coming months, as long as you don't take the chart as gospel, your be fine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Not before you got some serious snowfall out of it though, some serious thames streamers, about a week of heavy snowfall potential for the SE.

http://www.meteociel...0&carte=0&run=2

And what about the rest of us? diablo.gif

I'm dreading another easterly similar to the winter just gone.

Posted

Couldn't believe that last year, the warm front hit the cold from about 5 miles east alls I seen was snail! Don't get me angry about last year!

The end of January there was that weather front which was in the South-West and it was slowly making progress further north and east, it literally stopped 5 miles SW of here, was falling as snow in Wales and also Wiltshire and parts of Gloucestershire. Very annoying none the less, but The following week made up for it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

I know it's FI but really hope they come to fruition good.gif

Posted

CFS throwing the goods... November/December 2010-esque....

cfsnh-0-1524.png?12

cfsnh-0-1614.png?12

cfsnh-0-1698.png?12

cfsnh-0-1734.png?12cfsnh-0-1758.png?12

cfsnh-0-1794.png?12

cfsnh-0-1824.png?12

any of these come off me thinks we will be burying ourselves out for weeks to come eek

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

CFS throwing the goods... November/December 2010-esque....

cfsnh-0-1524.png?12

cfsnh-0-1614.png?12

cfsnh-0-1698.png?12

cfsnh-0-1734.png?12cfsnh-0-1758.png?12

cfsnh-0-1794.png?12

cfsnh-0-1824.png?12

If we get another Nov/Dec 2010, I will be the happiest person on earth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Wait till we get till about early November, and the 2010 esque model countdown begins. I am wondering if the models will do the same again this year as they did back in 2010.

I really do have good believes for this winter, especially due to world events and sea ice etc...

nao.sprd2.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow, atlantic storms, hot sun and thunderstorms

What is interesting and different to last year but similar to Autumn 2010 is that there are signs, they may not verify but last year we had no signs, then from the end of October we had a very cold stratosphere. Obviously we won't know for a few weeks yet how the startospheric conditions will affect the early winter but the fact that there are so many factors allowing this sort of discussion has be encouraging for the moment. The other factor is that my landrover is currently off the road thus almost guaranteeing bad weather.

M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

hey everyone, ive been lurking in the shaddows of this site for the last 3 years and loving the winter discusions every year.

So i thought this year i should join the site, although i dont pretend to know anything about charts ect i enjoy reading all the posts whilst crossing everything for a very cold and snowy winter 2012/13 ! ... ok im off to crawl back into the shaddows again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

What is interesting and different to last year but similar to Autumn 2010 is that there are signs, they may not verify but last year we had no signs, then from the end of October we had a very cold stratosphere. Obviously we won't know for a few weeks yet how the startospheric conditions will affect the early winter but the fact that there are so many factors allowing this sort of discussion has be encouraging for the moment. The other factor is that my landrover is currently off the road thus almost guaranteeing bad weather.

M

what signs are these?

Posted

One of the main keys to those above synoptics in FI is of course the Polar Vortex not being situated righty over Greenland. It never seemed to want to fully budge from there last year, not even in February as it became weaker and weaker which is what basically what killed us so fingers crossed it doesn't make a repeat performance this time around.

Edited by Anonymous21

Posted

Fab charts posted Robbie, would be fantastic if that came off wouldn't it, but in reality we have to wait, and i'm sure our patience will be rewarded, i also believe this winter will be a good one.. :)

Posted

Hi everyone im new here and am a great lover of very cold and snowy weather. Im a great follower of this thread and love the discussions. I was wondering if some of the cfs charts posted here did come to life would that mean that this winter would be colder and more snowier than nov/dec 2010.

p.s i do not know anything about the technical side of things. Thank you

Posted

I agree with Moomin. We had such a wet end to autumn last year, and we all knew in our hearts that it wouldn't be spectacular. Yes there was snow but it was a dry winter in all. Also I'm pretty sure the snow in The northern hemisphere thread started later last year.

Posted

Hi everyone im new here and am a great lover of very cold and snowy weather. Im a great follower of this thread and love the discussions. I was wondering if some of the cfs charts posted here did come to life would that mean that this winter would be colder and more snowier than nov/dec 2010.

p.s i do not know anything about the technical side of things. Thank you

Welcome Along, your love reading through these threads, plenty of people who just like you want cold/snow. The charts the CFS are showing which Robbie posted would give us some hefty snowfall and very cold conditions, difficult to compare to 2010 as it actually hasnt happened, would be very interesting if verified but because so far out, best to take with a pinch of salt... Enjoy yourself on here and feel free to ask questions as the majority are helpful and you will learn alot!