Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2012/13 Pt 4... Expectations, Hopes And Wishes...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not v good apparently.

How many LRFs end up correct anyway?!

Dunno why everyone's getting so hooked up on end Oct/November anyway - winter down south doesnt usually get going (cold and snow) til after xmas in most years (if at all)

I can't say I can ever recall one, BB...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Doylem..I mean 'weather is fun' don't troll.

Why is it anyone who post that it could be mild for first half of winter get labeled as this character doylem. I can safely say im not that muppet from the daily mail forum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

I can't say I can ever recall one, BB...

james maddens 2/3 years ago, let's be honest he forecasted below average and it was. luck maybe but still.

Posted

How many LRFs end up correct anyway?!

Dunno why everyone's getting so hooked up on end Oct/November anyway - winter down south doesnt usually get going (cold and snow) til after xmas in most years (if at all)

Some Long Range Forecasters clearly have more success than others although of course they all get it wrong at times. I take everything into consideration and I still feel that things are looking more favourable than they were this time last year, but it's still early days (not that I'm a LRF'er!).

Edited by Don

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

james maddens 2/3 years ago, let's be honest he forecasted below average and it was. luck maybe but still.

Doylem forecasted a mild winter last year, troll or not, he was right too

Posted

Doylem forecasted a mild winter last year, troll or not, he was right too

That is true.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Crewecold, you seem to think you can dismiss the start of winter in October? not you nor nobody knows what will happen. The weather god will do what she wants.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Why is it anyone who post that it could be mild for first half of winter get labeled as this character doylem. I can safely say im not that muppet from the daily mail forum.

I can safely say you are, all of your post's are talking about mild weather, 'we can write of start of winter', 'northern blocking look to be stopped' you also write like him too.

Posted

I can safely say you are, all of your post's are talking about mild weather, 'we can write of start of winter', 'northern blocking look to be stopped' you also write like him too.

Well thats your opnion barry but i can assure you im not

Posted

You seem to be saying everyone forecasting a mild winter is Doylem. Maybe you're Doylem, you seem to be trying to pass that title onto someone else a little too hard..

Edited by Daniel AKA WMD

Posted

Who's Doylem lol

He was a guy on daily mail forum who would wind everyone up. And because ive mentioned maybe a mild start to winter im him by all accounts lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

For those NW members who dont view the Daily Mail forum and who are wondering who Doylem is, he is the Ian Brown of that forum, except nowhere near as knowledgable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

never heard of doylem? was he not Ian Brown? he was always the negative winter guy,

yeah, true Ian was knowledgeable, but always exceptionally negative about snow in Staffordshire, even though he has a decent elevation

Edited by ihatetherain

Posted

He was a guy on daily mail forum who would wind everyone up. And because ive mentioned maybe a mild start to winter im him by all accounts lol.

You write exactly like him as well.

Posted

people seem to be getting very hung up on this up-coming cold spell. if it doesn't happen, so what, it's still only october, not winter! i think its great that the weather is giving us a taste of winter this early. despite the (uncalled-for) panic about the strat, even that could change. some people are having a go at CC for his thoughts on winter. he doesn't base it on gut feeling, nor is he trying to spoil anyone's hopes. he could well be right, but as with any forecast, the forecaster wouldn't bet their life on it!

as it stands now, the signs for winter are not as good as they were a couple of weeks ago, however, as we all (should) know, the weather has the potential to change unexpectedly from the indicated signs. even in a zonal set-up with a + NAO, we can still end up on the right side of the cold!

anyway for the last few years, the weather has confounded the forecasters and i think it has a few surprises in store for us yet....

Posted

You seem to be saying everyone forecasting a mild winter is Doylem. Maybe you're Doylem, you seem to be trying to pass that title onto someone else a little too hard..

Maybe your doylem!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

I can see a special corner being set up for people who are accused of being Doylem, like it is a contagious disease haha! "No Doylems allowed!"

Well said BobbyDog, but I think it's def on for a cold spell this weekend, how deep and lasting its is, is another question entirely.

Edited by IBringTheHammer

Posted

Maybe your doylem!!!

Oh no, you got me, you're the Sherlock Holmes of NetWeather, well done!

Now, considering this is the winter thread, lets get back on topic shall we? I agree with Bobbydog above, if this cold spell doesn't produce widespread snowfall (which it wont) then who cares, we're lucky we're even going to be seeing temperatures cool down so dramatically at the end of this week/weekend. I don't see anyone "writing off" the first half of winter either, but merely producing their opinion. If someone wants to forecast a mild winter then let them, sure, it would be nice to know the reasoning behind their forecasts but not everyone CAN show reasoning, not everyone has that knowledge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

never heard of doylem? was he not Ian Brown? he was always the negative winter guy,

yeah, true Ian was knowledgeable, but always exceptionally negative about snow in Staffordshire, even though he has a decent elevation

I think Ian hated cold as much as i like it TBH.

JUST A WARNING TO ALL THESE PEOPLE TRYING TO SCORE POINTS AND GETTING ***** WITH EACH OTHER, THIS IS NOT THE DM FORUM,THE MODERATING TEAM WILL NOT PUT UP WITH IT ON HERE, YOU WILL BE GONE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Come on folks, please stick to the thread title it's starting to get silly in here. Let's venture back to discussing what your thoughts are for the upcoming Winter? smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Mods

any chance we can start part five......Please

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Come on folks, please stick to the thread title it's starting to get silly in here. Let's venture back to discussing what your thoughts are for the upcoming Winter? smile.png

Yes and if we could avoid extra large fonts and SHOUTY CAPS as well please good.gif