Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

same depth! ohmy.png

What does GFS think about this then..

12110412_2_0218.gif

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

OK, so both lows go anti-clockwise... now thats gonna cause some interesting radar returns..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

OK, so both lows go anti-clockwise... now thats gonna cause some interesting radar returns..

Do you have access to wind maps?

Posted

Do you have access to wind maps?

50knots or just under 60mph through the Channel on NAE Sunday morning/afternoon.

12110412_2_0218.gif

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

http://www.isthisthingon.org/Yellowstone/daythumbs.php

Gfs 18z ensembles show a pretty big rain spike for the 4th

However look at the 12th either an indian summer or a freeze

Think we will have a fee days model watching to see a more accurate outcome for mid month

I think the fax charts will give a clearer picture on this low on sunday tomorrow morning

If the low stays a bit further north there could be some potent winds involved as shown above by the other posts

Gut feeling it will go further south but that would give us another problem of flash flooding

More tomorrow on this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We've woken up to a ground frost today. Suppose I'll have to scrape the global warming off the windscreen again… rofl.gif

Posted

50knots or just under 60mph through the Channel on NAE Sunday morning/afternoon.

Morning all!

post-6667-0-10241300-1351930620_thumb.pn

Its been a conveyor belt of rain the last few days along the coast here and another 20mm has fallen in the last 24 hours, making this one of the wettest periods I've seen for a while. The garden is totally flooded and its pouring onto the patio creating my very own swimming pool dry.png.

Sunday looks like a problem too:

That squeeze of the two lows ends up sending everything through my back door:

post-6667-0-33200200-1351930789_thumb.pn post-6667-0-27009400-1351930812_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-84806600-1351930829_thumb.pn post-6667-0-91706400-1351930838_thumb.pn

It does indeed look like its going to get gusty and wet yet again, with some high sustained speeds too:

36_21.gif

42_21.gif

Gusts could be up to 80 km/hr in The Channel:

30_45.gif

Not a day to go on a ferry!!

PPVG89.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all!

The garden is totally flooded and its pouring onto the patio creating my very own swimming pool dry.png.

Sunday looks like a problem too:

That squeeze of the two lows ends up sending everything through my back door:

Oh no ohmy.png have you got sand bags at the ready ?

Morning all,

Quite a pleasant but chilly start here, I'm glad I put my thermal vest on for the early walk...time for a coffee and bacon sarnie now to warm up !

Posted

Oh no ohmy.png have you got sand bags at the ready ?

I think the drain on the patio can probably cope, but seeing what's coming tomorrow morning, I may need to stock up on a few!

Posted

A quick peek at the NMM charts on NW Extra confirms where that squeeze will push the winds tomorrow, right up over Beachy Head and surrounding areas:

post-6667-0-45068900-1351933191_thumb.pn post-6667-0-27317500-1351933202_thumb.pn

k010.gif

Posted

I think the drain on the patio can probably cope, but seeing what's coming tomorrow morning, I may need to stock up on a few!

post-10773-0-61877000-1351933388_thumb.j

Posted

Good morning all from a reasonably bright and sunny nw London.

I feared the worst last night when I had to scrape ice off the windscreen before setting off for work at 8pm, but it got slowly and slighty milder as the night wore, resulting in a BB-LI of 4.

Looking decidedly wet and windy for Sunday, especially down there on the South COAST though. Give me bracing winds and crashing waves any time, preferably without the lashing rain though. Enjoy the rest of today folks, Im off for some well earned kip.

BB

Posted

Give me bracing winds and crashing waves any time, preferably without the lashing rain though.

Morning BB!

I think we will have plenty of all of that tomorrow morning. I'll get the camera charged up and grab a few piccies if I can.

Posted

Good morning all from a reasonably bright and sunny nw London.

I feared the worst last night when I had to scrape ice off the windscreen before setting off for work at 8pm, but it got slowly and slighty milder as the night wore, resulting in a BB-LI of 4.

Looking decidedly wet and windy for Sunday, especially down there on the South COAST though. Give me bracing winds and crashing waves any time, preferably without the lashing rain though. Enjoy the rest of today folks, Im off for some well earned kip.

BB

I suppose a BB-LI of 4 isn't too bad for November....have a good sleep Bluebreezer lazy.gif

Posted

I haven't given up hope of booking leave or arranging a shift swap for the meet up on December 8th yet.

T'would be great to put some some faces to names and meet up with a few Netweather folk. Hope yo see some of you there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Brrrrrr! There's a bit of a nip in that breeze this morning. Nice and sunny though, in The Swich. :)

Have a lovely weekend everyone. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Notwithstanding the possible strong to gale force winds on SE coasts tomorrow, the upcoming low looks quite a significant rainmaker in places too.

Attached is the accumulated rainfall to 18:00 tomorrow from the hi res model here.

post-11059-0-84211500-1351945045_thumb.p

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Notwithstanding the possible strong to gale force winds on SE coasts tomorrow, the upcoming low looks quite a significant rainmaker in places too.

Attached is the accumulated rainfall to 18:00 tomorrow from the hi res model here.

Indeed, it could be time to batten down the hatches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather

Good afternoon,

Certainly looking stormy for us in the south east and EA tomorrow morning into lunchtime period. I think we may see everything but the kitchen sink with embedded thunderstorms, downpours, hail, sleet, snow and some very gusty winds.

The Met.O have recently issued a weather watch regarding tomorrow's potential severe weather. Maybe some upgrades later on today.

Met Office Warning for our part of the world

FPS

Posted

MetO warnings in detail:

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Isle of Wight, Hampshire, Portsmouth, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Reading, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Greater London, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes & Slough

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock, Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Peterborough & Suffolk

Valid from: 0300 on Sun 4 Nov 2012

Valid to: 1300 on Sun 4 Nov 2012

Heavy rain is expected to spread across parts of southern, central and eastern England through Sunday morning, clearing eastern parts by early afternoon. The rain will be accompanied by strong winds in parts of southeast England, possibly gusting in excess of 50mph.

Issued at: 1150 on Sat 3 Nov 2012

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=546F9E09-68F2-EED1-AAC6-C6052C6D92A0_1_SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Good afternoon,

Certainly looking stormy for us in the south east and EA tomorrow morning into lunchtime period. I think we may see everything but the kitchen sink with embedded thunderstorms, downpours, hail, sleet, snow and some very gusty winds.

The Met.O have recently issued a weather watch regarding tomorrow's potential severe weather. Maybe some upgrades later on today.

Met Office Warning for our part of the world

FPS

Thanks for the update.

Posted

Thanks for the update.

yes, thanks FPS you beat me to it !!

I hope it's all cleared up before the MK fireworks tomorrow night - although I'm okay I don't have to watch from the public viewing area,it's quite civilized at the party I go to.... we have a fire pit and BBQ and plenty of mulled wine and a perfect view without mixing with the peasants smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Check this out, I wasn't expecting the overnight inland Thunderstorm risk? good.gif

http://forum.netweat...60#entry2396350

Edited by gottolovethisweather