Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Dreadful here.

There is a saying that there is no such thing as bad weather - just bad clothes. Well today I found bad clothes big time during the dog walk! All my waterproofs are no longer fit for purpose!

Lots of surface flooding out there.

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

all i say looking at that im going back to bed !!!

Morning all!

Well the rain came and dampened a few firework displays last night as I hardly heard any going off at all. The wind didn't really get going here until about an hour a go but it is already cranking up with a peak gust 43 mph in the last 5 minutes.

You can see from XC weather's live chart that the wind is indeed coming straight on to Beach Head:

w1352018327.gif

Out and about a bit later to try and capture some rough seas in digital format! good.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted

Rain has eased off here after several hours of it being very heavy indeed, but it's not been particulalry windy. To say the ground is saturated would be an understatement. Oddly the sky is brighter to the north and the north west.

Feels like a Sunday roast type of day

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I am in an 8 berth caravan on a hill in Hastings right now, bedded right next to some trees. It's unnerving! The caravan is shaking and creaking and the gusts haven't faltered for an hour or more.

I'm on mobile so it's difficult to navigate myself so can anyone tell me if this will last for a while?

I'm always on netweather but can't remember reading about this low. Is it out of the blue? I love this kind of weather so am surprised I missed something this potent? Unless it just sounds a lot worse than it is in a caravan!!

Edited by Alpine glow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Feels like a Sunday roast type of day

It will be here....roast beef good.gif

Temperature dropped a bit here and pressure falling rapidly, not expecting any of the white stuff here but well done to those who have got some !

Just seen a cute picture on facebook of my Nephews 1 year old son in Bath who is looking out of the window watching the snow fall - hopefully it will make a lasting impression and there will be another weather freak in the family !

Posted

Going darker and darker here all the time, feels odd when you have just woken up biggrin.png What a great system to watch today!

Yep the 2 lows clearly visible.

Posted

Well that was a short-lived lull - very heavy rain is back, it's getting darker by the minute and the wind is now much more noticeable.

It's still a Sunday roast type of day, only more so!

AS

Posted

hi alpine, it looks like the worst winds will be between about 11am-1pm for us, im from Hastings to and expecting it to really crank up a bit later looking at the maps. Maybe go out to a cafe for a couple of hours in the worst of it? biggrin.png I would say the gusts are about 30-40mph at the mo and its expected to reach 70mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Well it's all calm here now and the sun is trying to poke out ,is there more to come or is that our lot?

Posted

Anyone else had thunder? Had one solitary but massive bolt of lightning here in Twickenham about 15 mins ago!

Not here, but then you can't hear much above the wind at the moment. Pressure dropping like a stone now, 988.8 mb and falling 1.4 mb/hr! I wasn't expecting much in the way of thunder until later in the day, but then I wasn't expecting the SW to get all that snow either!

18_20.gif

ASII_20121104_0830.png

Looks like ours will still be more rain:

12_4.gif

74.2mm of the stuff this month alone!!!

Well it's all calm here now and the sun is trying to poke out ,is there more to come or is that our lot?

Oh yes, it hasn't really got going yet

Posted

hi alpine, it looks like the worst winds will be between about 11am-1pm for us, im from Hastings to and expecting it to really crank up a bit later looking at the maps. Maybe go out to a cafe for a couple of hours in the worst of it? biggrin.png I would say the gusts are about 30-40mph at the mo and its expected to reach 70mph

Wow that's pretty impressive. I'm up at Combe haven at the moment. It was good to be woken by the sound of wind and rain although no one else in the caravan thinks so! I wouldn't mind having my laptop with me so I could watch it on there too though :)

Do you know when this was first forecast? Have I read it tight that it spawned from a low lingering near Ireland?

Posted

Do you know when this was first forecast? Have I read it tight that it spawned from a low lingering near Ireland?

Morning AG!

This has been on the forecasts for about a week now, the intensity firmed up about two day ago. Just as I am typing this we have a loud crack of thunder in Eastbourne!!!!! clap.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted

Yes it developed of the south west coast and is rapidly deepening because the jet stream is really fired up running high up along the channle at the momment. This causes it to rotate quite quickly and pushes it along the south east quite fast, creating unstable conditions. The air is tring to equalize rapidly so that is whats creating so much wind and rain.

On a side note we had a great bit of thunder and lightening that woke me up at 4:30am

Edited by Snow and storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Morning peeps! just heavy rain here at mo and the three mobile net work is down arrgghhh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Well, what a morning; it's been throwing it down since early hours here in Ippy. Very dark as well but no thunder yet. Don't know about how cold or windy, I'm still in bed......:o

Have a nice Sunday, all. :)

Posted

Watch out from Skywarn:

SKYWARN UK SEVERE WEATHER WATCH #062

ISSUED: 2000UTC SATURDAY 3RD NOVEMBER 2012 (GJ/GS)

SKYWARN UK HAS ISSUED A SEVERE WEATHER WATCH FOR THE FOLLOWING REGIONS:

SOUTHERN ENGLAND

SOUTHEAST ENGLAND

EAST ANGLIA

ISLE OF WIGHT

CHANNEL ISLANDS

IN EFFECT FROM 0000UTC UNTIL 1500UTC SUNDAY 4TH NOVEMBER

DEVELOPING LOW WITH STRONG CONVECTION AND GALES

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SEVERE WEATHER AFFECTING THE INDICATED REGIONS IN THE TIME PERIOD SPECIFIED. THREATS WITHIN THIS WATCH INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:

HEAVY RAIN...FLASH FLOODING...GALES...STRONG GUSTS...HAIL

DISCUSSION:

THERE IS BETTER MODEL CONFIDENCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF A SEVERE WEATHER RISK THROUGH SUNDAY. A WAVE DEVELOPS UNDER THE EDGE OF THE JET INTO A TIGHT LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM AS IT CROSSES THE CHANNEL. THIS FEATURE SHOULD BE STRONGLY CONVECTIVE FOR THE EARLY PART OF THE PERIOD, BRINGING CHANCES OF HEAVY RAIN AND HAIL INTO COASTAL AND NEIGHBOURING AREAS ANYWHERE EAST OF HAMPSHIRE. MORE PRESISTENT AND OCCASIONALLY HEAVY RAIN MAY BE EXPECTED AS FAR NORTH AS CAMBRIDGESHIRE AND EASTWARDS. FOLLOWING THE HEAVY RAIN THERE WILL BE WINDS OF POSSIBLY ABOVE 50MPH FOR COASTAL AND EXPOSED LOCATIONS, PERHAPS WITH WINDS GUSTING IN EXCESS OF 70MPH. THIS WATCH MAY BE UPDATED OR UPGRADED. PLEASE MONITOR WEATHER AND TRAVEL INFO AS NECESSARY.

Posted

Morning AG!

This has been on the forecasts for about a week now, the intensity firmed up about two day ago. Just as I am typing this we have a loud crack of thunder in Eastbourne!!!!! clap.gif

It's thundering here now too :)

Posted

Yes it developed of the south west coast and is rapidly deepening because the jet stream is really fired up running high up along the channle at the momment. This causes it to rotate quite quickly and pushes it along the south east quite fast, creating unstable conditions. The air is tring to equalize rapidly so that is whats creating so much wind and rain.

On a side note we had a great bit of thunder and lightening that woke me up at 4:30am

This is really informative-

Thank you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Morning all

Started raining an hour ago,thanks for the heads up on thunder.

Got to go find my crash helmet and ear defenders! lol.

I think the wind is actually starting to get up now,the trees wernt even moving earlier.

Beef is cooked just got to prepare the rest now.

Defo a roast day.

Dog didnt get walked last night because of the bang bangs,he wouldnt even go in the garden.

So his bladder must be bursting,now we have a downpour!!

Have a good day radar watching folks xx