Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2012/13 - General Chat

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Time for new one, I think...link to old one:

Edited by Rybris Ponce

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

If someone offered you a mild November for a cold December, would you take it? I personally am quite enjoying the mild days we have now. I'm a coldie though, so come Dec 1, bring on the snow.

Also, I notice springs are getting warmer so realistically we now seem to have to pack our cold weather into about 2 1/2 months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Page Not Found it says

Woah my 3000th post :o

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

vid seems to have gone now....obviously had some new data pointing to mild weather instead blum.gif either that or Ian Brown has hijacked the server tease.gif

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather...heavy snow and heat waves

vid seems to have gone now....obviously had some new data pointing to mild weather instead blum.gif either that or Ian Brown has hijacked the server tease.gif

it worked for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

blimy only november 8th and we r already on part6 of w12-13. Gp, u.k met and some of the model runs looking all intresting lets hope w12-13 is is 1 to remembor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The video is still there the link works for me.

Its likely to during drier, sunnier and colder as we end November, with winds coming in from the East

Untitled1.png

Untitled4.png

Untitled3.png

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

If your posts have disappeared, it's because they were either bickering or off topic.

Edited by jethro

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

It does seem the BBC and METO are seeing something we are not.

They are both angleing, albeit slightly at the moment for a colder than average end to November

Posted

i also noticed that the bbc and met office are onto something coming from our east what are they seeing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Exactly, which is where all that lovely snow is falling right now!

Posted

I think the BBC get there info from the METO - so it's no surprise BBC coming up with same as METO, the METO is the hand stuck up the puppets (BBC) bum so to speak lol

Posted
  • Location: Medlock Valley, Oldham, Manchester, 93m / 305 feet asl.
  • Weather Preferences: Variety, Warm Sunny days, low temperatures some snow, thunderstorms

I have to admit that the Met Office's medium term forecasts have been rather accurate for a while. Not sure if it's the "GloSea4" supercomputer

they are now using http://www.iop.org/news/12/sep/page_57337.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow

The video is still there the link works for me.

Its likely to during drier, sunnier and colder as we end November, with winds coming in from the East

Untitled1.png

Untitled4.png

Untitled3.png

this is corresponding with the stockport accuweather forecast.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/stockport/sk1-1/november-weather/329267

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It does seem the BBC and METO are seeing something we are not.

They are both angleing, albeit slightly at the moment for a colder than average end to November

The met office must have high confidence of a colder end to November other wise they wouldn't have made the video, there super computer must be picking up on something quite strongly

I would expect to see the first widespread snow of Winter certainly in the east at all levels if this came off, December 2010 repeated? who knows time will tell

smile.png

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

The met office must have high confidence of a colder end to November other wise they wouldn't have made the video, there super computer must be picking up on something quite strongly

I would expect to see the first widespread snow of Winter certainly in the east at all levels if this came off, December 2010 repeated? who knows time will tell

smile.png

The BBC/METO must be very confident of this, otherwise they would never take the risk to post such a video.

Totally agree, the metoffice are normally quite reluctant to say anything until short range but they must have some confidence that this pattern is likely to have published a video this earlier like you both said.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Variety, Warm Sunny days, low temperatures some snow, thunderstorms

smile.png

Yes the BBC or Met Office don't post a video just for the fun of it. They take a cautious approach most of the time in these situations and only when they have a high degree of confidence they then do a video.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The BBC/METO must be very confident of this, otherwise they would never take the risk to post such a video.

But they did describe it as only one possible outcome...

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk...2635167#outlook

Monday 19 November—Sunday 2 December

Still unsettled and turning a little colder

It does look like the changeable theme will continue for the rest of November.

There will be further showers or even some longer spells of rain crossing the country.

Winds will be northwesterly at times which will turn showers wintry over hills in the north.

Drier, clearer interludes between the showers will lead to a touch of frost at nights.

Right at the very end, there are some indications that an easterly wind could set up across the country.

One resulting scenario could bring somewhat drier and sunnier conditions, with temperatures falling below average for the start of December.

So basically its a shot in the dark, but nice to hear it even if it is just 'one scenario', i'm getting the impression that they might be covering their backsides for a possibility of a cold spell just in case. Very early for bbc/met though!

Edited by Andy163

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

But they did describe it as only one possible outcome...

But it is the outcome they are focusing on and is the one they decided to publish, so perhaps it is the more likely outcome? Who knows.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Sometimes they overdo forcasts because if they under did them and we end up with 5cm snow all hell breaks loose